Back to Top!

Rant Don't tell me I'm only into KPOP for the visuals

Relax and talk about anything in general
Page 1 of 1
J-Arc
Post May 28, 2013 @ 9:47 pm

I've been listening to the stuff for almost 4 years now. Are there groups/members I find attractive? Absolutely. But I don't base my admiration or support of their music on it.

First, most recent example: 100%. They look banging, I've dreamt about how hot they are now. But their newest albums sucks. I'm not gonna kid myself and say I like them just because I'd bang any one of them. Their title track is incredibly generic, and the rest of the album songs are boring. I know they're talented, but their tight bodies and exposing outfits won't make me overlook something I outright don't like.

I came for the music, found some good looking biases on the way, but ultimately, I'm staying for the music. I listen to it, I don't watch kpop when I'm driving to work or lounging around.

I've picked up taste in indie artists, lesser known rappers, and underrated soloists. Most of them aren't plastic surgery monstrosities like your run of the mill idol.

Groups like Peppertones, The Koxx, Nell - love em. and they have outstanding full-length albums.. But I couldn't tell you their names if my life depended on it.

Girl groups aside (since you know, I prefer the d), even if the group has looks that I fall for, ultimately, they don't mean jack shit if their music sucks.

I see people who immediately dismiss someone simply because of their looks. Some people wonder why they find themselves getting bored of KPOP? Because you're not open to variety. You stick to your niche of biases, and don't let anyone else in your circle, no matter how talented they may be. I will not be one of those

In short: If you're some shallow, superficial fan whose into KPOP for the pretty faces - good for you. Just don't make the assumption that everyone else is, too

yoonrikai
Post May 28, 2013 @ 9:49 pm

Thats why i listen to old skool Kpop, most of the new stuff is... meh

eggies
Post May 28, 2013 @ 9:50 pm

in short: If you're some shallow, superficial fan whose into KPOP for the pretty faces - good for you. Just don't make the assumption that everyone else is, too

this

Kyuhyun - Kang Min Kyung - Jessica - Hyorin - Onew - Leo - IU
Gyoshido
Post May 28, 2013 @ 9:52 pm

yoonrikai wrote:Thats why i listen to old skool Kpop, most of the new stuff is... meh

Old school kpop is completely horrible. It's just backstreet boys and nsync korean style. Also lower production value, and the groups themselves aren't as endearing and actively doing anything. It gets old and limited in what you can listen to.

High Skool ~ VIP ~ St☆rlight ~ Blackjack ~ Kamilia ~ Shawol ~ Aff(x)tionate ~ Dai5y ~ S♥ne ~ Aileean
♥ Han Seungyeon ♥
My last.fm
Lollipoop
Post May 28, 2013 @ 9:55 pm

Agreed

Before 100%'s comeback I was like damn this is gonna be good because I thought their album would slay and they look really good.
Teen Top always bring nice, fresh music for us so I thought the same way about 100% too.

But their songs suck. So I'm not interested.

minkwon2
Post May 28, 2013 @ 9:55 pm

It's really annoying how people always generalize people like that

Like I get that A LOT because I'm a big fan of SNSD, since a lot of Sones are mainly into them because of their looks. Like what the fuck? I'm gay, why would I care about their looks? I mean sure, they're really hot and they're certainly nice on the eyes, but I'm into them for their music, talents, and personalities.

And if I see one more "justification" for how a groups bad because "they're so ugly", I'm going to fucking kill myself.

J-Arc
Post Apr 11, 2017 @ 8:00 pm

Who tf was I kidding hahahaha

Page 1 of 1