Back to Top!

Duo Official Akdong Musician (악동뮤지션) Thread

Official topics of Korean artists and groups
Page 1 of 1
Mogar
Post Apr 13, 2014 @ 3:01 pm

Lee Chan Hyuk, age 17, born on the 12th of September in 1996, is the leader of Akdong Musician. He is also the composer/lyricist. He sings and plays the guitar along side his sister, Lee Soo Hyun. Lee Soo Hyun, age 14, born on the 4th of May in 1999, is the maknae of Akdong Musician. She is the vocalist along with her brother. They were both born Mongolia, but returned to South Korea to pursue a career in the music industry. They Auditioned in K-pop Star 2 competition in August 2012,They passed the auditions and were given the chance to perform on the first round of the show.They became one of the top 10 finalists and eventually winning the competition.
Akdong Musician performed several songs that they had written and composed throughout the competition. Some of them were digitally released under LOEN Entertainment and were well received by the public. On May 24, 2013, a month after winning K-pop Star 2, the siblings signed an exclusive contract with YG Entertainment.

SHOW Discography
1. Give Love
2. 200% ★
3. Melted ★
4. On a subway
5. (Hair) parting
6. Artificial Lawn
7. Either Hello or Bye
8. Little star
9. Street
10. Material
11. Galaxy

MVs

SHOW KPOPStar Songs

SHOW Performances

pls tell me this hasn't been made yet

"if i have to do it, i will do it quickly."
laury
Post Apr 13, 2014 @ 3:02 pm

I didn't even realise there was no thread *^^*

elfishfan
Post Apr 13, 2014 @ 3:03 pm

[스타뉴스 윤성열 기자] The duo AKDONG MUSICIAN, or AKMU (LEE CHAN HYUK & LEE SOO HYUN), has been showing their power by topping various music charts for one week.

The title song “200%” of AKMU’s 1st full album “PLAY” currently stands at #1 on April 13 at 11am on 9 real-time music charts like Melon, Mnet, Olleh Music, Soribada, Genie, Monkey 3, Naver Music, Daum Music and Bugs.

The rhythmical and vivacious love song has been receiving positive reviews by topping several charts for one week since its release on April 7 at 12 pm. It talks about one being too nervous to say anything after preparing a love confession all night.

Other songs from the album “GIVE LOVE” and “MELTED” are also ranked within the top range. AKMU’s popularity is expected to heat up the music world for a while.

All 11 songs in AKMU’s “PLAY” were composed and written by LEE CHAN HYUK, who blended naivety and originality inspired by happenings of everyday life.

AKMU unveiled their new songs on April 6 when they appeared on SBS’s K-Pop Star Season 3. They will continue on with their musical career on other music ranking programs like Mnet’s M Countdown and SBS’s Inkigayo.

The MV for 200% has also reach 2,000,000+ views.

elfishfan
Post Apr 13, 2014 @ 3:04 pm

laury wrote:I didn't even realise there was no thread *^^*

there's one now

laury
Post Apr 13, 2014 @ 3:12 pm

elfishfan wrote:
laury wrote:I didn't even realise there was no thread *^^*

there's one now

ok, thanks for making it

Noona
Post Apr 14, 2014 @ 5:02 am

they were my favorite when I watched kpop star 2 and I'm soooo happy they finally debuted.
they're kicking ass like I knew they would

:^)
laury
Post Apr 14, 2014 @ 5:09 am
suvizzz
Post Apr 14, 2014 @ 5:27 am

yay finally an AKMU thread! <3

JustCantKENtrol
Post Apr 14, 2014 @ 5:42 am

Lee Chan Hyuk is such a cutie <3 T.T

http://shaunzii.tumblr.com/HOTTESTxINSPIRITxBABYxSt☆rlightxSHINHWA CHANGJO
Sonni_Daze
Post Apr 14, 2014 @ 8:35 pm

So I just watched the 'Melted' mv, and I gotta say that I was immensely impressed. Never have I seen a kpop mv that was so honest and real. I really love where YG is going with AKMU. I really loved it.

Mogar
Post May 13, 2014 @ 8:21 pm

AKMU released the dance practice for Give Love, proving once again that they have the cutest dances.

Chanhyuk also expresses his height problems behind 200%, when he was originally supposed to be the main actor for the MV, but the female actor was too tall!

Mogar
Post May 14, 2014 @ 6:11 pm

AKMU’S SECRET GOOD DEED … DONATED ALL THE PRIZE MONEY OF 300 MILLION WON

It was discovered later that the sibling duo AKDONG MUSICIAN (AKMU), winner of SBS’s ‘K-pop Star 2’ had donated all of their prize money of 300 million won.

In the interview with Sports Kyunghyang in the afternoon of May 12, AKMU (LEE CHAN HYUK, 18 & LEE SOO HYUN, 15) were asked about how they used their prize money. The duo answered, “After receiving the prize money, our dad donated all of 300 million won to several foundations and to where we really wanted to donate without letting others know about the donation.”

The donation was made last year, but AKMU and their parents did not let others know about their good deed. Even their manager from YG Entertainment first learned about the donation during the interview and asked them the question again saying, “Did you really made donation?”

Among the 300-million prize money that AKMU had received, 100 million won was fund for record production, but AKMU donated that fund as well to society.

LEE CHAN HYUK said, “When our mom and dad asked us about how we were going to use the money, both of us said without hesitation that we would donate it because we had been thinking about making donation from the beginning.” He added, “ Our mom and dad were happier than us when they heard about our decision.” He went on to say, “After making donation, I have become so glad that I thought doing music was a very good decision.” LEE CHAN HYUK smiled adding, “We didn’t know that there was tax imposed on the prize money and donated all of it including tax. So, now, we are saving money to pay for the tax.”

His younger sister, LEE SOO HYUN, said, “In the first place, I thought we ought to make donation” and “I felt great thinking that much money was not ours in the first place.” She added, “I am happy now to be able to do better things.”

Since the duo are still in their teens, their parents carried out all the process related to the donation such as selecting recipient orgnizations.

AKMU who showed their great musical ability in last year’s ‘K-pop Star 2’ recently released their first official album right after their winning in the TV show, and have dominated numerous music charts. They are receiving good reviews and gaining popularity not only from the general music fans but also from critics, brining refreshing breeze to the overall music circles

Mogar
Post May 14, 2014 @ 6:13 pm

AKDONG MUSICIAN’S SOO HYUN WANTS TO GET CLOSER TO IU AND CHAN HYUK TO EPIK HIGH.

Akdong Musician recently sat down with News1 and revealed which artists they wanted to get closer to.
Lee Soo Hyun said, “I like and respect IU. I plan on buying tickets and attending IU’s concert. Even though HIGH4 and IU’s song ‘Not Spring, Love, or Cherry Blossoms' is currently competing with our songs, I still like it. In the end, I bought and listened to the song.”
Lee Chan Hyuk said, “I am really grateful for Epik High because they helped me a lot when I was working on the songs. I especially want to get close to Tablo, which is why I’d start up conversations with him for no reason.”

The two previously showed their interest in collaborating with IU during a recent discussion session with ‘Wide Entertainment News’!

Pitu-chan
Post May 14, 2014 @ 6:41 pm

Mogar wrote:AKMU released the dance practice for Give Love, proving once again that they have the cutest dances.

Chanhyuk also expresses his height problems behind 200%, when he was originally supposed to be the main actor for the MV, but the female actor was too tall!

That's so cute <3 I liked the dance >w<

adamjohnson
Post Mar 01, 2018 @ 3:30 pm

^ THIS !
The musical short is incredible ! Loving every single song ! Ahh the feels <3
Can't wait to have my own copy of this little gem ^^ AKMU never disappoints ! 
more: căn hộ iris garden
I'm going to miss Chanhyuk's songs so much when he'll go to the military T_T
Hoping and praying they'll get to promote a lot.
more: chung cư 41 lê văn lương

Page 1 of 1