Back to Top!

Male Artist Official 비 Rain Thread

Official topics of Korean artists and groups
Post May 22, 2013 @ 12:35 pm

In 2002, Jung Ji Hoon debuted with the album Bad Guy where he was introduced to the media through his stage name, Rain. The album's title was "Bad Guy" and was followed by "Handshake". After his first album, in 2003, he made his television debut in the KBS drama, Sang Doo! Let's Go To School. Following the success of his debut as a singer and actor, Rain released his second album, How to Avoid The Sun, and released the title song "Ways to Avoid the Sun."

In 2004, he starred in the popular drama called Full House with one of Korea's most popular actresses, Song Hye Kyo. The drama had viewer ratings of over 42,7% for every episode.[4] It was broadcasted in various other countries including the Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand, Hong Kong, China, Japan, Turkey, Morocco, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Israel, Cambodia and the United States. His performance in the drama won him the Best Actor Award at the KBS Acting Awards.

His third album, It's Raining (2004), sold over 1 million copies in Asia. According to a report by Rain's previous agency JYP Entertainment to the Korea Culture & Content Agency, It's Raining topped the charts in all of the following countries as of December 29, 2005: Japan (100,000 copies), China (500,000 copies), Taiwan (70,000 copies), Thailand (150,000 copies), Indonesia (50,000 copies), and South Korea (154,000 copies), for a combined total of 1,074,000 units sold.

Rain's fourth album, Rain's World, was released in Korea on October 14, 2006.
He acted in his first film, I'm a Cyborg, But That's OK, directed by Park Chan-wook. The film won the Alfred Bauer Award at the 57th Berlin International Film Festival,and was selected as the opening film for the Hong Kong International Film Festival. Also, Rain was nominated for and won Best New Actor at the 43rd Baeksang Awards.

Rain released his first Japanese album, Eternal Rain on September 13, 2006. His concert at the Tokyo Dome on May 25, 2007 attracted nearly 40,000 people. Rain was the first Korean artist to perform at the Tokyo Dome, the largest auditorium in Japan.
United States

On October 16, 2008, Rain released his fifth Korean album, Rainism. Rain released "Love Story", as the first single from the album with the MV starring Korean Actress Ha Ji-Won, shortly followed by the single, "Rainism". On November 24, 2008, The Commission of Youth Protection judged Rain's album, Rainism, inappropriate for people under 19 years old because of the song "Rainism". In "Rainism", the lyrics (translated from Korean) "Trembling inside your shaking body is my magic stick/Feeling the impassable limit of the body shake" were considered problematic due to their phallic and sexual references. Rain has re-released a "clean version" of "Rainism" shortly after, but instead of changing the original album's contents, he has labeled a sticker that deemed "Rainism" inappropriate for those under 19 years old.

In 2008, he acted in his first American film, the Wachowski Brothers-directed Speed Racer, where he played Racer Taejo Togokahn. He made his starring role debut in Ninja Assassin (2009), as the main character Raizo. Ninja Assassin was directed by James McTeigue, and produced by Joel Silver and the Wachowski brothers. The project was inspired by the ninja scenes featured from Speed Racer, in which Rain had impressed the Wachowskis with his portrayal as a fighter. He won the Biggest Badass Award at the 2010 MTV Movie Awards because of his performance in Ninja Assassin.

On April 6, 2010, Rain released a special mini-album titled Back to Basic including the singles "Love Song", with the MV starring Korean actress Han Ye-seul and "Hip Song". From late September to early December 2010, Rain starred in TV drama The Fugitive: Plan B (Korean: 도망자).

On September 23, Rain announced that he would enlist in the military on October 11. He reported for 21 months of compulsory military service at the 306th Army draft camp in Uijeongbu, Gyeonggi-do province. 13th In March 2012, he was transferred to the Defense Media Agency of the Ministry of National Defense in Yongsan-dong, Yongsan-gu, Seoul. In April he was appointed Honorary Ambassador of Military.

Rain will be discharged from the Korean military service 10 July 2013.

Post May 22, 2013 @ 12:38 pm

i tried posting Rain selca and half of them got denied

Post May 22, 2013 @ 12:40 pm

KenKenni wrote:i tried posting Rain selca and half of them got denied

Those bastards why would they deny sexiness like that?

Post May 27, 2013 @ 8:57 am

Must be idiots

Post May 27, 2013 @ 9:00 am

Waffles wrote:

Must be idiots

<3 I like you, make your self at home here :)

Post May 27, 2013 @ 9:05 am

I still listen to love song everyday :s

Post May 27, 2013 @ 9:07 am

Natalieluv wrote:I still listen to love song everyday :s

suurrrrrreee Listen to

Post May 27, 2013 @ 9:09 am

Natalieluv wrote:I still listen to love song everyday :s

Love song is amazing <3 it sounds good in English, Japanese, and Korean which is really shocking because most songs don't translate well.

Post May 27, 2013 @ 9:10 am

Post May 27, 2013 @ 9:16 am
Post May 27, 2013 @ 9:18 am

Post May 27, 2013 @ 9:19 am

Ohhhh, I like dis thread.

Post May 27, 2013 @ 9:22 am

Guise Rain and Psy are gonna perform together, I don't want this T.T D:

Post Jan 25, 2014 @ 5:05 pm

Post Jan 25, 2014 @ 5:08 pm

generic wrote:THIS POOR THREAD.

Lol I completely forgot about this thread until now >_< I should probably update it but only like 3 members on here like Rain so >_>

The Senpai that will never notice you~