Back to Top!

Boy Group Official Royal Pirates Thread

Official topics of Korean artists and groups
atchaves
Post Mar 23, 2014 @ 4:34 am

Ahoy mateys! Welcome to the official thread dedicated to the K-Pop group/ Korean-American rock band Royal Pirates.

The band’s name Royal Pirates is a good explanation of what the band is aiming for. The combined meaning of the words “Royal” and “Pirate” is extremely contradictory and this contrast between the two words reflects the band’s identity.

Royal Pirates is following the royal lineage of rock bands and racing towards becoming a legendary rock band in our time. And on this voyage, Royal Pirates, not trapped by any frame of mind, can freely make music that transcends time and space.

This is the future that we dream of.

The group rose to popularity due to their covers of several K-Pop songs such as Wonder Girls’ viral hit song "Nobody," DBSK’s "Mirotic," Super Junior’s "Sorry Sorry," etc. But their first cover in YouTube dates back to September 9, 2008 with Muse's “Time is Running Out.”

During 2009, they signed a contract under Apple of the Eye entertainment and on August 25, 2013, debuted with their song Shout Out. And just last January 14, 2014, they had their comeback stage at SBS MTV THE SHOW and released the next day, January 15, their latest album Drawing The Line.

Now, let's get to know each member! ^^

The Captain Kim Moonchul

Birth date: 1988.09.02
Vocal Moon, with his distinctive voice and imaginative mindset, is the centerpiece of Royal Pirates. Moon has an extensive range of music- hard rock, modern rock, alternative rock, psychedelic, electronica, J-rock, Britpop and many others from his early teens which led him to form a unique music style of his own. Moon is a musician known for his musical genius.

The Tallest James Joohyun Lee

Birth date: 1988.06.09
Born in LA, dandy-style James has an impressive music background, as he’s been part of Metal band “Azusa”, indie band “Clear and Conscious” and graduated from Cal. State as a Communication/entertainment major. James displays and represents intelligence through his great music talent and understanding of the music business, and has an immaculate and beautiful smile and charmingly attractive personality.

The Maknae Kim Sooyoon

Birth date: 1989.12.17
Soo Yoon, Royal Pirates’ drummer, represents not only a unique yet powerful performance, but also a surprisingly sweet vocal and romantic-song composing ability. Also known for his unique fashion style, Soo Yoon shows flashes of sophistication as well.

Source: royal-pirates.com

So who's your favorite Royal Pirates member? <3

the STRONG shall SURVIVE, and the WEAK shall PERISH.
nampuppy
Post Mar 23, 2014 @ 4:41 am

I don't know anything about the members but I LOVE THEIR MUSIC <3

atchaves
Post Mar 23, 2014 @ 4:47 am

These are posters I made for a Royal Pirates fan group I manage in my country.
Hope you'll like them! ^^

LOL. It's just that James looks like Chopper of One Piece to me, that's why he's worth that much. I just followed the official One Piece poster. For those who are James-biased, don't blame me please. This is just for fun. :nervous:

AussiEXOtic
Post Mar 23, 2014 @ 5:11 am

I'm still fairly new to them (only heard one song) and i really love it. My bias is Moonchul :smooch:

Forever and always Bangtan Boys ♥ A.R.M.Y
mentalxfiction
Post Mar 23, 2014 @ 6:56 am

I love RP! And I luuurv Moonchul, but he looks sick in that picture lol.

STARLIGHT x SONE x SHAWOL x KISSME x MINE x A1ST x EXOTIC x ARMY
atchaves
Post Mar 23, 2014 @ 7:23 pm

nampuppy wrote:I don't know anything about the members but I LOVE THEIR MUSIC <3

I'm glad you love their music, 'coz it's really just AMAZING. <3
What's your favorite RP song? ^^

Feel free to spazz here about Royal Pirates ^^

atchaves
Post Mar 23, 2014 @ 7:36 pm

AussiEXOtic wrote:I'm still fairly new to them (only heard one song) and i really love it. My bias is Moonchul :smooch:

Hi! If you're still on the process of getting to know Royal Pirates, don't worry 'coz it will really be worth your time. ^^
I'm guessing that the song you've heard is 'Drawing The Line,' or is it not? I just assumed because it's their carrier song in their latest album.
But I'm glad you liked the RP song you've listened to. Oh, and Moonchul's my bias as well! Cheers! :lol:

If I can recommend something for you to watch, try the episode where Royal Pirates guested in Arirang After School Club. You'll probably get a glimpse of how the group actually is. ^^

Here's a link to the video:

Enjoy! ^^

AussiEXOtic
Post Mar 23, 2014 @ 7:45 pm

atchaves wrote:
AussiEXOtic wrote:I'm still fairly new to them (only heard one song) and i really love it. My bias is Moonchul :smooch:

Hi! If you're still on the process of getting to know Royal Pirates, don't worry 'coz it will really be worth your time. ^^
I'm guessing that the song you've heard is 'Drawing The Line,' or is it not? I just assumed because it's their carrier song in their latest album.
But I'm glad you liked the RP song you've listened to. Oh, and Moonchul's my bias as well! Cheers! :lol:

If I can recommend something for you to watch, try the episode where Royal Pirates guested in Arirang After School Club. You'll probably get a glimpse of how the group actually is. ^^

Here's a link to the video:

Enjoy! ^^

Yeah, "Drawing The Line" was the song I heard.
Same bias? You have great taste lol
Thanks for the video. I'll check it out ^^

Forever and always Bangtan Boys ♥ A.R.M.Y
atchaves
Post Mar 23, 2014 @ 8:14 pm

mentalxfiction wrote:I love RP! And I luuurv Moonchul, but he looks sick in that picture lol.

LOL. :lol:
I know right. There are a lot of other photos where Moon definitely looks hot. <3 It's just that I took their photos as posted in the Royal Pirates official site (Profile Section). But even if he looks sick in the one posted, all that matters is that we know how gorgeous he is. ^^

And I'm really happy that you love RP 'coz they do not have that much fan yet as compared to other groups.
Oh well, here are some photos of Moon to compensate for the 'sick-looking Moon' photo. LOL.

cr: Moon's twitter

w/ Eric Nam

cr: theroyalvoyage.com

cr: royal-pirates.com

nampuppy
Post Mar 23, 2014 @ 10:40 pm

atchaves wrote:
nampuppy wrote:I don't know anything about the members but I LOVE THEIR MUSIC <3

I'm glad you love their music, 'coz it's really just AMAZING. <3
What's your favorite RP song? ^^

Feel free to spazz here about Royal Pirates ^^

LOL. Never ask me what my favorite song is for any group, because I can NEVER pick one (or two, or three..)!
It's impossible. I love all of them! <3
But See What I See and You are the most played on my ipod with 51 plays. :D

elemeniah
Post Mar 23, 2014 @ 10:55 pm

Moonie!! :smooch: :smooch:

SHINee ~ EXO ~ U - KISS ~ Super Junior ~ Beast ~ Nu'Est ~ 2PM ~ VIXX ~ C-Clown ~ Seventeen ~ WonderBoyz
atchaves
Post Mar 24, 2014 @ 6:04 am

nampuppy wrote:LOL. Never ask me what my favorite song is for any group, because I can NEVER pick one (or two, or three..)!

OMG. I love their song 'You' so much! <3 But yeah, that's actually true. If you really like a group, you can't actually force yourself to choose one song to be your favorite when you love every song they release. ^^ It's a matter of what is mostly played on your list. LOL. :lol:

But I really hope to get to see Royal Pirates in person... T.T

PandaBread
Post Mar 24, 2014 @ 6:09 am

I appreciate you making this

nampuppy
Post Mar 24, 2014 @ 6:14 am

atchaves wrote:
nampuppy wrote:LOL. Never ask me what my favorite song is for any group, because I can NEVER pick one (or two, or three..)!

OMG. I love their song 'You' so much! <3 But yeah, that's actually true. If you really like a group, you can't actually force yourself to choose one song to be your favorite when you love every song they release. ^^ It's a matter of what is mostly played on your list. LOL. :lol:

But I really hope to get to see Royal Pirates in person... T.T

The closest I can do is choose my favorite song at the moment, which is Drawing The Line xD

I wanna see them in person too!! I hope they'd go on a tour some time soon.. But with such an amount of fans.. T.T

atchaves
Post Mar 24, 2014 @ 6:24 am

elemeniah wrote:Moonie!! :smooch: :smooch:

Isn't he adorable? :smooch:

cr: Moonhul's twitter