Back to Top!

Netizens response to Ailee

Share the latest Korean celebrity news and gossip!
petit_sayumi
Post Nov 10, 2013 @ 8:20 pm

timpa wrote:
petit_sayumi wrote:Really, those people are really double faced. When Jiyeon had something like that, the first thing they did to her was call her slut. And they still throw it at her face until today.

But at the least I'm happy she isn't getting lots of hate. Maybe she will be like IU and it won't affect her career too much.

Jiyeon's stuff was also pre-debut, but her debut with T-ara was when she was 16. So she was very underaged when she did her webcam thing.

Although the bigger factor is that Jiyeon is Korean and Ailee is American... Ailee's getting more of a pass because she's not Korean and raised in Korea.

I noticed that. mostly because of the comment #6 lol.

Inspirit ~ BBC ~ Rain-nous ~ ELVIS ~
boa578
Post Nov 10, 2013 @ 8:31 pm

timpa wrote:
petit_sayumi wrote:Really, those people are really double faced. When Jiyeon had something like that, the first thing they did to her was call her slut. And they still throw it at her face until today.

But at the least I'm happy she isn't getting lots of hate. Maybe she will be like IU and it won't affect her career too much.

Jiyeon's stuff was also pre-debut, but her debut with T-ara was when she was 16. So she was very underaged when she did her webcam thing.

Although the bigger factor is that Jiyeon is Korean and Ailee is American... Ailee's getting more of a pass because she's not Korean and raised in Korea.

It's her image as well. Netizens were already hating Jiyeon because CCM tried marketing her as little Kim Tae Hee, when the webcam came out they bashed her but when T-ara hit daebak they forgot and jumped on the T-ara love bandwagon. It wasn't until the bullying scandal that they started hating her for the webcam again