Back to Top!

News OMG... Girl Bullied For Her Looks Transforms into Girls’ Generation’s Jessica

Share the latest Korean celebrity news and gossip!
muzaiyan
Post Aug 02, 2013 @ 5:47 pm

The latest episode of “Let Me In 3” featured a guest who had been bullied “internationally” for her unfortunate looks and underwent a miraculous transformation into a celebrity, thanks to plastic surgery.

Shim Yura, an immigrant to the U.S., was described to be an extremely intelligent woman who had once received acceptance letters from prestigious Ivy League universities including Harvard, Princeton, and Columbia. She majored in marketing from the college of her choice. Despite her brilliance, she described her life to be one of suffering and tragedy due to her ugly features.

Throughout her life in the U.S., she said she was often discriminated as “the Ugly Korean.” Friends would ask whether all Koreans were “as ugly as she was.” Her protruding chin and hunched posture prompted her peers to call her an “old hag.” Even during the post-grad job search, her image was mentioned as a factor in rejecting her in companies.

The doctors of the show were sympathetic to her story and chose her as their next project. When she stepped into the studio after her makeover, the audience was speechless from the transformation. She was compared to Girls Generation’s Jessica, with long flowy hair to match. From a social outcast to virtually a celebrity, she changed into a new person. The audience could see that even her demeanor had changed from cloudy and depressing to a more cheerful character.

Netizens have responded with surprise. “It must be a new life for her,” “I bet it wasn’t easy to live abroad and be bullied so,” “It must be great,” “I really can’t tell it’s her!”

SNSDB2STBTS2NE1 BigBang TARA ✿ tumblr ღ.Google+ ✿f(x)BAPshinee Suju Infinite EXO
Support your favorite K-pop artists and groups!
snapplez
Post Aug 02, 2013 @ 5:53 pm

She's pretty but I don't think she resembles Jessica..............at all

B2uty ~ Boice ~ Primadonna ~ U Ai Na ~ Banila ~ A+ ~ Hottest/ ON HIATUS KBAI
http://dongwoonswaifuu.tumblr.com/ :D
SojuPang
Post Aug 02, 2013 @ 5:54 pm

And how old were these people that were bullying her?

damianb
Post Aug 02, 2013 @ 5:55 pm

She looks nothing like Jess.
Although the only similarity I see is that she just like Jessica had her jaw shaved down.

Heaven17
Post Aug 02, 2013 @ 5:56 pm

As long as she's happy c;

ThinCrust
Post Aug 02, 2013 @ 5:56 pm

Doesn't look like Jessica but I have to admit she looks better. Although not a fan of surgery.

Ducky1232
Post Aug 02, 2013 @ 5:57 pm

She doesn't look like Jessica tho...

SeoMania
Post Aug 02, 2013 @ 5:57 pm

Ugh, no. They don't look alike at all.
@Gorjessspazzer9

justjonghoon
Post Aug 02, 2013 @ 5:58 pm

wow isn't it funny how people ignored her extreme intelligence and focused on her beauty

kurumi
Post Aug 02, 2013 @ 6:02 pm

wtf, well she looks nothing like jessica but she didnt even look that bad before (for a student) her school must have been full of dicks.

u-gay
ThinCrust
Post Aug 02, 2013 @ 6:04 pm

I kinda get more of a UEE vibe

arabmorgan
Post Aug 05, 2013 @ 1:04 am

With just a little bit of make-up and perhaps a different hairstyle, she would have looked perfectly fine before all that surgery :/

She kinda reminds me of Fiestar's Jei now, though. Jessica, not so much.

S O N ES T ☆ R L I G H T
thomasemile
Post Aug 05, 2013 @ 1:25 am

So she was accepted to the best universities in the world, super intelligent and was super sensitive about her beauty.
I think it's so sad that even the most intelligent people judge people on looks alone.

She has become really pretty, but you cannot see anything from how she used to be anymore.

randomamanda
Post Aug 05, 2013 @ 1:30 am

Well, I hope she is a lot happier now
It's sad to see people valuing superficial beauty so much
However, she has a new confidence about her, which is always good c:

shishkebabz
Post Aug 05, 2013 @ 2:36 am

She kinda looks like a T-ara member now... she'd fit right in!

I wish people would stop focussing on looks, PS isn't always the answer.