Back to Top!

Westernized jpop?

For all Non-Korean entertainment discussion: Hollywood, Jpop, Cpop, etc.
Page 1 of 1
epidermis
Post May 11, 2016 @ 11:30 am

Or like really mainstream pop. It's kind of different from the perspective of Jpop music which is filled with such unusual sound.
They are so hot for Japanese girls.
@BabyPandaHat do you know them?

whythefuckicare
Post May 11, 2016 @ 10:48 pm

I like Faky, tbh probably one of the best vocal groups in J-pop. But I do have to agree that they aren't the typical J-pop group they do lean more towards the western pop type sound, they put a lot of english phrases and words into their songs (correctly which is a rarity imo) and if I remember right some of them (if not all) are half Japanese half american or something like that so that explains a lot.

J-Law is love, J-Law is life
4minute|BIGBANG|Red Velvet|B2ST|BTS|Mamamoo

epidermis
Post May 12, 2016 @ 7:33 am

whythefuckicare wrote:I like Faky, tbh probably one of the best vocal groups in J-pop. But I do have to agree that they aren't the typical J-pop group they do lean more towards the western pop type sound, they put a lot of english phrases and words into their songs (correctly which is a rarity imo) and if I remember right some of them (if not all) are half Japanese half american or something like that so that explains a lot.
Right. They had a white girl in their group but they got rid of her lol

BabyPandaHat
Post May 13, 2016 @ 5:37 am

@epidermis   I didn't know them tbh, but they sound pretty good, yet very western yeah. Even their makeup looks western to me, but that's not a bad thing either or anything. And their english is gooooood holy shit
anyway I think they're pretty awesome tbh o.o 

European Turbo Strawberry

epidermis
Post May 13, 2016 @ 7:20 am

BabyPandaHat wrote:@epidermis   I didn't know them tbh, but they sound pretty good, yet very western yeah. Even their makeup looks western to me, but that's not a bad thing either or anything. And their english is gooooood holy shit
ikr? They're pretty good. They did a collab with FEMM who I listened to before, that's how I got to know them. Definitely going to keep my eye on these girls

BabyPandaHat
Post May 13, 2016 @ 9:19 am

epidermis wrote:
BabyPandaHat wrote:@epidermis   I didn't know them tbh, but they sound pretty good, yet very western yeah. Even their makeup looks western to me, but that's not a bad thing either or anything. And their english is gooooood holy shit
ikr? They're pretty good. They did a collab with FEMM who I listened to before, that's how I got to know them. Definitely going to keep my eye on these girls
Are they new? Or am I just...... even worse with jpop than I am with kpop?  T.T

epidermis
Post May 14, 2016 @ 2:41 am

BabyPandaHat wrote:
epidermis wrote:
Well, they started in 2013 so they aren't very old...but I don't blame you, I wouldn't say they are very popular and out there yet

BabyPandaHat
Post May 14, 2016 @ 4:26 am

epidermis wrote:
BabyPandaHat wrote:
epidermis wrote:ikr? They're pretty good. They did a collab with FEMM who I listened to before, that's how I got to know them. Definitely going to keep my eye on these girls
Well, they started in 2013 so they aren't very old...but I don't blame you, I wouldn't say they are very popular and out there yet
Ah I see. Maybe that's why I don't know them. I'm in my bubble in kpop and jpop, and every once in a while I check the charts and whatever seems interesting. With their next release I will try to review them for our website :) 

epidermis
Post May 14, 2016 @ 8:52 am

BabyPandaHat wrote:
epidermis wrote:
BabyPandaHat wrote:Are they new? Or am I just...... even worse with jpop than I am with kpop?  T.T
Ah I see. Maybe that's why I don't know them. I'm in my bubble in kpop and jpop, and every once in a while I check the charts and whatever seems interesting. With their next release I will try to review them for our website :) 
Ooh, that's a good idea. Link me to it next time I wanna know what you think. :)
I'm lucky enough to find a group that posts all the new kpop releases, comebacks, debuts, weird unknown indie stuff, OSTs etc. So I consider myself somewhat aware of a lot of artists, but not jpop. Jpop is still just perfume to me

andyvu604
Post Mar 17, 2017 @ 2:32 pm

Pretty cool idea :D

Page 1 of 1