Back to Top!

Announcement Introducing the KPS News platform (beta)!

Important announcements from the Kpopselca team!
Hienwa
Post Jun 15, 2014 @ 3:35 pm

Hello KPSers!

For the past few weeks, the admins have been quietly working on a news platform for our website that will help us gain additional readers and more forum engagement! The news platform works a little different from other K-pop news sites and blogs. It retrieves the news directly from the forum so that anyone who is a KPS member can contribute and become a writer for us. We are releasing it now as a beta version and you can visit it using the news tab at the top of the page or by going to: http://kpopselca.com/news. We have replaced the Home tab with the news tab. If you would like to revisit the homepage to rate selcas, you can do so by clicking on our logo at the top left corner of the website. If you have any feedback for us, please let us know here or in the feedback forum.

Anyone can become a writer for us by posting in one of the forums listed below:
Korean Celebrity News
Korean Artists & Groups
K-pop Music
K-drama & TV Shows
Selcas
K-pop Photos
Fangirling!!!
Fan Creations
Fan Wars

You can also learn more about writing for us at http://kpopselca.com/write

We need your help!

We are currently collecting a list of K-pop news sites that would become useful for our writers. If you know any good sources for K-pop news, please list them here and we'll add them to the Write For Us! page. We are also looking for Korean/Chinese translators who can volunteer some of their time into helping KPS users translate content. If you are interested in joining the translators team, please let us know here and we'll add you to the Write For Us! page.

Thank you!

littlejay
Post Jun 15, 2014 @ 3:51 pm

I love how you guys surprise us with new features lol.

good shit tho! Now I can publish my fan fics and SNSD bashing threads on KPS News.

Some news sites I would add to the list are:
Koreaboo
Allkpop
Soompi
NetizenBuzz

Chrystal
Post Jun 15, 2014 @ 5:02 pm

Will all new forum topics pop up in the news section?

Hienwa
Post Jun 15, 2014 @ 5:12 pm

Chrystal wrote:Will all new forum topics pop up in the news section?

No, not all new topics. Only new topics that are posted in the forums I listed above will show up in the news section. In the future we will have a feature where users can opt out of SMS and News when creating new topics.

Chrystal
Post Jun 15, 2014 @ 5:19 pm

Hienwa wrote:

No, not all new topics. Only new topics that are posted in the forums I listed above will show up in the news section. In the future we will have a feature where users can opt out of SMS and News when creating new topics.

Oooh, guess that's what I get for not reading properly ;p (was too busy checking out the news section)...

Love the idea though, with a news section that will basically work like the selca section <3

Hienwa
Post Jun 15, 2014 @ 5:22 pm

Chrystal wrote:
Hienwa wrote:

Oooh, guess that's what I get for not reading properly ;p (was too busy checking out the news section)...

Love the idea though, with a news section that will basically work like the selca section <3

I'm glad you like it. It's good for those who are interested in reading only the K-pop news and related discussions.

ImAShawolForOnew
Post Jun 15, 2014 @ 5:24 pm

The problem is it's gonna be full of gossip and others who will manipulate it. I suggest in the future to hire a moderator or pick one that you already have that can keep track of what gets on the news section so that it won't be just everything and anything that gets on there.

Chrystal
Post Jun 15, 2014 @ 5:31 pm

ImAShawolForOnew wrote:The problem is it's gonna be full of gossip and others who will manipulate it. I suggest in the future to hire a moderator or pick one that you already have that can keep track of what gets on the news section so that it won't be just everything and anything that gets on there.

Maybe we could have the option to check a box or something similar if we want a post to go in the news section.

I know that wouldn't stop spammers and trolls and so would still need moderators. But it could help cut down on the things in need of moderation. If things does get out of control, I'm sure changes will be made to it.

ImAShawolForOnew
Post Jun 15, 2014 @ 5:33 pm

Chrystal wrote:
ImAShawolForOnew wrote:The problem is it's gonna be full of gossip and others who will manipulate it. I suggest in the future to hire a moderator or pick one that you already have that can keep track of what gets on the news section so that it won't be just everything and anything that gets on there.

Maybe we could have the option to check a box or something similar if we want a post to go in the news section.

I know that wouldn't stop spammers and trolls and so would still need moderators. But it could help cut down on the things in need of moderation. If things does get out of control, I'm sure changes will be made to it.

Yep! I think we need both of those things so that the news section can be reliable for others :)

Chrystal
Post Jun 15, 2014 @ 5:46 pm

ImAShawolForOnew wrote:
Chrystal wrote:

Yep! I think we need both of those things so that the news section can be reliable for others :)

And I do want that!!

Of the posts I do make I think the majority has been in news/gossip topics, so I really want this to work out. Especially if it can lure in make more people active in those threads.

And just from my own 2 topics of today, I would not have add the Cross Gene question as news but probably would've added the Beast MV (might've even added some text). Overall I think most of our active users knows how to selfmoderate so I'm not too worried. We just need to get used to the change.

Hienwa
Post Jun 15, 2014 @ 6:02 pm

Yes, we had a similar idea. We were thinking of adding 2-4 news mods to monitor the news section if it gets out of control. The news mods will work like quality assurance. They will remove topics that violate our guidelines, check the accuracy of the news, move topics in their correct categories and update misleading titles or content.

littlejay
Post Jun 15, 2014 @ 6:07 pm

no we don't need this. then the mods are just gonna delete all my topics cause I'm going to bash SNSD everyday. oh i know what maybe have it not delete my thread but like hide it from the news only.

ImAShawolForOnew
Post Jun 15, 2014 @ 6:25 pm

Hienwa wrote:

Yes, we had a similar idea. We were thinking of adding 2-4 news mods to monitor the news section if it gets out of control. The news mods will work like quality assurance. They will remove topics that violate our guidelines, check the accuracy of the news, move topics in their correct categories and update misleading titles or content.

That would be great thank you very much :)

littlejay
Post Jun 16, 2014 @ 11:34 am

i like the support your artists and groups banner that follows you when you scroll down the page. I think we should have that on the forum as well to make it easier for newbs to find their artist threads.

Unique
Post Jun 16, 2014 @ 12:47 pm

That's a good idea (lol @Gyoshido will be the main writter), but you will have to be careful with plagiarism, bc I see a lot of news threads that's just copy paste from the source...can't they sue kps or something?

@consortguiofhuaxia, you would be perfect for translator. And I may be able to help on that (it all depends if I get into college) lol now I'm gonna to try to do even better on exams <3