Back to Top!

Announcement Introducing the KPS News platform (beta)!

Important announcements from the Kpopselca team!
littlejay
Post Jun 16, 2014 @ 1:05 pm

Unique wrote:That's a good idea (lol @Gyoshido will be the main writter), but you will have to be careful with plagiarism, bc I see a lot of news threads that's just copy paste from the source...can't they sue kps or something?

@consortguiofhuaxia, you would be perfect for translator. And I may be able to help on that (it all depends if I get into college) lol now I'm gonna to try to do even better on exams <3

i dont think they can be sued because it's the users that are posting it on the forum. We need original content tho. I was thinking of making a weekly thread about something.

Unique
Post Jun 16, 2014 @ 1:23 pm

littlejay wrote:i dont think they can be sued because it's the users that are posting it on the forum. We need original content tho. I was thinking of making a weekly thread about something.

Yeah but they are posting on KPS...
I also have a few topics in mind to do, but only after exams...
Are you going to make a weekly thread about what?

Hienwa
Post Jun 16, 2014 @ 4:41 pm

littlejay wrote:
Unique wrote:That's a good idea (lol @Gyoshido will be the main writter), but you will have to be careful with plagiarism, bc I see a lot of news threads that's just copy paste from the source...can't they sue kps or something?

@consortguiofhuaxia, you would be perfect for translator. And I may be able to help on that (it all depends if I get into college) lol now I'm gonna to try to do even better on exams <3

i dont think they can be sued because it's the users that are posting it on the forum. We need original content tho. I was thinking of making a weekly thread about something.

Great suggestion! We will be making some adjustments on the forums soon.

bingugigi
Post Jun 16, 2014 @ 4:48 pm

we should have buttons to slightly organize, like for people who dont want to see selcas

move aside henry

Hienwa
Post Jun 16, 2014 @ 5:03 pm

bingugigi wrote:we should have buttons to slightly organize, like for people who dont want to see selcas

buttons as in categories?

takingselcas
Post Jun 16, 2014 @ 6:35 pm

littlejay wrote:
ImAShawolForOnew wrote:The problem is it's gonna be full of gossip and others who will manipulate it. I suggest in the future to hire a moderator or pick one that you already have that can keep track of what gets on the news section so that it won't be just everything and anything that gets on there.

no we don't need this. then the mods are just gonna delete all my topics cause I'm going to bash SNSD everyday. oh i know what maybe have it not delete my thread but like hide it from the news only.

Oh please, this isn't K*yo, have some faith.

littlejay
Post Jun 16, 2014 @ 6:38 pm

takingselcas wrote:
littlejay wrote:
ImAShawolForOnew wrote:The problem is it's gonna be full of gossip and others who will manipulate it. I suggest in the future to hire a moderator or pick one that you already have that can keep track of what gets on the news section so that it won't be just everything and anything that gets on there.

no we don't need this. then the mods are just gonna delete all my topics cause I'm going to bash SNSD everyday. oh i know what maybe have it not delete my thread but like hide it from the news only.

Oh please, this isn't K*yo, have some faith.

thanks for reminding me.

bingugigi
Post Jun 17, 2014 @ 8:51 am

Hienwa wrote:
bingugigi wrote:we should have buttons to slightly organize, like for people who dont want to see selcas

buttons as in categories?

yup yup

move aside henry

Yaayanee
Post Jun 17, 2014 @ 9:28 am

Can I be a mod there? @Hienwa If it comes to it I mean.

I checked out the portal and it seems like just regular forum posts are added to the portal. I think there should be scrutiny when it comes to what should be added there, perhaps threads that are more thought-provoking and longer not just posts about new music/groups/selcas that came out. That doesn't really make for a news portal article, just a regular forum post.

minzybf
Post Jun 17, 2014 @ 10:41 am

A well made community-driven kpop news site could obliterate AKP and all the competition. Whether such a platform will ever exist, i don't know. 1000s of freelance writers > tiny writing staff

Just take Reddit for example, it has become the biggest forum on the internet simply due to its simple yet effective downvote/upvote system so the good stuff (articles/comments) get to the top/front page and can easily be seen by all without having to navigate through crappy comments/articles like on other forums. Revolutionary ideas are sometimes the most simple one.

The way forums work right now, people get 'rewarded' more by writing short comments that add no value just to get the 1st reply rather than well thought-out comments.

Though, i don't know if a downvote/upvote system would work for a small community where people know each other and would upvote their friends, 'power users' is actually what killed Digg.com which was at the time the biggest community-driven website.

Yaayanee
Post Jun 17, 2014 @ 10:48 am

minzybf wrote:A well made community-driven kpop news site could obliterate AKP and all the competition. Whether such a platform will ever exist, i don't know. 1000s of freelance writers > tiny writing staff

Just take Reddit for example, it has become the biggest forum on the internet simply due to its simple yet effective downvote/upvote system so the good stuff (articles/comments) get to the top/front page and can easily be seen by all without having to navigate through crappy comments/articles like on other forums. Revolutionary ideas are sometimes the most simple one.

The way forums work right now, people get 'rewarded' more by writing short comments that add no value just to get the 1st reply rather than well thought-out comments.

Though, i don't know if a downvote/upvote system would work for a small community where people know each other and would upvote their friends, 'power users' is actually what killed Digg.com which was at the time the biggest community-driven website.

I would say Reddit became as popular as it is not just because the upvote/downvote system, but largely because it's a site where you can discuss ANYTHING (unfortunately there's a lot of hate group action and NSFW there, but those helped the site's appeal to certain demographics). But I totally agree about the potential of KPS to become a competitor to other big name KPOP news/gossip sites. That's how AKP got popular due to their 'news' site/forum combination and it's reason why sites like Soompi and Seoulbeats have fallen in terms of mass appeal/popularity to fans because of their lack of news site/forum combination. This is a really interesting beta project.

littlejay
Post Jun 17, 2014 @ 11:45 am

minzybf wrote:A well made community-driven kpop news site could obliterate AKP and all the competition. Whether such a platform will ever exist, i don't know. 1000s of freelance writers > tiny writing staff

KPS has that platform. I think the admins have a good idea here, we just need a stronger community and start planning out which articles to write. We need users to volunteer their time to writing original articles and opinions every week. I think I'll start one by this week or next week. Original content on top of the kpop discussions we are already having on the forum would make KPS news more interesting.

I think the up/down vote could work for the news page but not on the forum. I've seen so many users complain about it on AKP's new forum.

Also it's true that a community driven news site > tiny writing staff. AKP only comes out with 20-30 articles a day but somehow they get millions of visitors. Half the articles aren't even interesting. A lot of users even say that AKP is biased and not a reliable news source but they still visit it.

Unique
Post Jun 17, 2014 @ 11:49 am

The upvote/downvote system doesn't work, whether on big or small comunities. Look what happened to AKP.
Actually there was a time when trolls would deny selcas here for no reason, so if the adms include a reward system for the writters it should be experience points.

Plus, there will be mods for the news section, so only the decent/good articles will show up.

littlejay
Post Jun 17, 2014 @ 11:54 am

Unique wrote:

The upvote/downvote system doesn't work, whether on big or small comunities. Look what happened to AKP.
Actually there was a time when trolls would deny selcas here for no reason, so if the adms include a reward system for the writters it should be experience points.

Plus, there will be mods for the news section, so only the decent/good articles will show up.

i hope it isn't just serious talk tho. Cause I've noticed that the topics that are most bashful, trolling or random gets the most views and comments. Even the owner of NetizenBuzz said that articles that are negative gets the most visitors. I think we should allow all types of articles good and bad.

The reason AKP gets so many visitors is because they spread rumors and sometimes lies.

Unique
Post Jun 17, 2014 @ 11:58 am

littlejay wrote: AKP only comes out with 20-30 articles a day but somehow they get millions of visitors. Half the articles aren't even interesting. A lot of users even say that AKP is biased and not a reliable news source but they still visit it.

^
This.

Since AKP was the first (or one of the) websites about kpop news, people eventually would like and somewhat become loyal, bc there was nothing else like that. And then they started to grow, and get recognized by idols... yeah.
But srsly....they write articles about selcas that idols take...like wtf, what could someone say about that? IT'S A PIC...*facepalm*

When I said good articles, I'm talking about the writting... (and a bit about the content though...)