Back to Top!

Announcement Introducing the KPS News platform (beta)!

Important announcements from the Kpopselca team!
littlejay
Post Jun 17, 2014 @ 6:03 pm

Unique wrote:
littlejay wrote: AKP only comes out with 20-30 articles a day but somehow they get millions of visitors. Half the articles aren't even interesting. A lot of users even say that AKP is biased and not a reliable news source but they still visit it.

^
This.

Since AKP was the first (or one of the) websites about kpop news, people eventually would like and somewhat become loyal, bc there was nothing else like that. And then they started to grow, and get recognized by idols... yeah.
But srsly....they write articles about selcas that idols take...like wtf, what could someone say about that? IT'S A PIC...*facepalm*

When I said good articles, I'm talking about the writting... (and a bit about the content though...)

Ya articles about selcas are like half assing it. They could just add those in the photos section. I think it's all about branding. AKP is successful cause it's a big brand name. You can't deny it.

But KPS is setting a new standard for all kpop sites. KPS is revolutionary.

Hienwa
Post Jun 17, 2014 @ 6:47 pm

Yaayanee wrote:Can I be a mod there? @Hienwa If it comes to it I mean.

I checked out the portal and it seems like just regular forum posts are added to the portal. I think there should be scrutiny when it comes to what should be added there, perhaps threads that are more thought-provoking and longer not just posts about new music/groups/selcas that came out. That doesn't really make for a news portal article, just a regular forum post.

We'll hold applications for news mods soon. We still need to improve the news platform and code a feature for mods to hide topics from the news rather than deleting them. Because we don't have a hide feature right now, the new recruits will only monitor KPS news, delete topics that are break the forum guidelines and correct any misleading titles/content.

kdragonkwon
Post Jun 17, 2014 @ 11:21 pm

Hienwa wrote:We'll hold applications for news mods soon. We still need to improve the news platform and code a feature for mods to hide topics from the news rather than deleting them. Because we don't have a hide feature right now, the new recruits will only monitor KPS news, delete topics that are break the forum guidelines and correct any misleading titles/content.

You should hold applications for mods that deal only with the selcas too, that I would apply for. I love the selca section so much but looking at it causes me great pain a lot of the time T.T

littlejay
Post Jun 18, 2014 @ 3:51 pm

kdragonkwon wrote:
Hienwa wrote:We'll hold applications for news mods soon. We still need to improve the news platform and code a feature for mods to hide topics from the news rather than deleting them. Because we don't have a hide feature right now, the new recruits will only monitor KPS news, delete topics that are break the forum guidelines and correct any misleading titles/content.

You should hold applications for mods that deal only with the selcas too, that I would apply for. I love the selca section so much but looking at it causes me great pain a lot of the time T.T

i second this but some users don't even know what a selca is but they claim that they do. A photo of someone's legs is a selca too yet people deny them and tell me it isn't one.

kdragonkwon
Post Jun 18, 2014 @ 11:05 pm

littlejay wrote:i second this but some users don't even know what a selca is but they claim that they do. A photo of someone's legs is a selca too yet people deny them and tell me it isn't one.

I would imagine anyone given mod powers to clear up the selcas would be told what they shouldn't delete though. Idk I just really want to sort the tags out, there are so many duplicates, and there are actual photoshoot pictures in there which pisses me off. I always check before I upload my selcas and I try to check for dupes before I approve other selcas too but the amount of crap in the tags makes it hard for people to do that. I would love to work on fixing it.