Kpopselca's interview with kpop artist Nu.D! | Kpopselca Forums
Back to Top!

Exclusive Kpopselca's interview with kpop artist Nu.D!

Important announcements from the Kpopselca team!
Hienwa
Post Dec 12, 2014 @ 3:40 pm

Hello KPSers!

Some exciting news today. We were able to get a hold of a new Korean artist, producer, singer and songwriter Nu.D for a short interview! Nu.D recently released his debut song "Insane" on November 17th with a clean version on the 25th. The monochrome MV blends unique sounds of the Korean traditional gayageum instrument with modernized beats. You can watch the MVs below including our exclusive interview with him and selcas:

18+ version:

clean version

KPS: Please introduce yourself.
Hello my name is Nu.D (My actual name is Yeon Gyu Park). The name Nu.D stands for New Dimension. I consider myself a South Korean musician, but also a producer and singer song writer as well. I guess my genre of music is mostly hip hop, but I do not like to differentiate genre and personally enjoy all types of music. I think that restricting myself to one genre will limit creativity. I mainly engage in the music industry of Korea, but I have not been signed to a record label or management company. I plan to continue working as an independent artist until I find the label company that I think fits me well.

KPS: Who are your influences / role models within Kpop?

Nu.D: Psy. Though many people know him as a comedic artist with funny dances and silly music videos, Psy is actually more than just an artist. He is a legitimate professional who adds color to his music, as he produces and composes with a variety of genres.

KPS: Who are your influences / role models outside of Kpop?

Nu.D: There are so many producers and artists to pick, but some artists include Drake and B.O.B. As for producers, Kanye, Mike will, DJ Mustard etc; there are too many to list out.

KPS: Can you talk about the concept for your debut song 'Insane'? What is the music video/lyrics about?

Nu.D: I consider 'Insane' like a prologue in the book of my aspirations and plans as an artist. The concept of the song is criticizing the current state of the music industry, while I assure the listeners that I will not follow this trend as an artist. Some examples of criticisms included in the song are plagiarism, minors wearing scanty outfits, and underground hip-hop artists who only talk.

If you click this link, you can see translated subtitles: http://youtu.be/zyazqb84rQc

KPS: How long did it take to write and produce the song?

Nu.D: It took me two days to complete the beat for 'Insane', but the melody and lyrics took one month to complete. This is because I single-handedly worked on the mixing and other producing elements. Then, planning and producing the music video took another month also. I wanted to create my song; the beat, melody, recording, and mixing all done by myself.

KPS: What are your future plans as an artist? Do you have plans for an album?

Nu.D: Until I find a fitting management or entertainment company, it will be hard to release a full album. Single-handedly producing a song, casting the staff and performers for the music video, and promoting the single took two to three months. Because of the long process and hard work, I want to try to spread my name and music with this digital single album first. My greatest goal in life has been to work with great people and be able to give 100% in what I do. As for now though, I want to be able to produce high quality songs in at least a month

KPS: Do you have anything else to say to your fans or those who don't know about you yet?

Nu.D: Thank you so much your support, and I would really appreciate it if you could keep sharing my music with others. I can assure you that you will be able to hear better music as my name becomes more established in the music industry. I make this promise because I plan on not wasting my resources and support that I receive from you guys. Also, my digital album has been released by iTunes. If you like the album, please support by purchasing the album online!

KPS: Where can Kpopselca members keep in touch with you?

My public networking sites, which include Instagram and Facebook.

▷Contact◁
http://instagram.com/nu_dimension
https://twitter.com/gadimusik
https://www.facebook.com/NuDimension1To finish off this interview, we have some lovely selcas from Nu.D to share with you!

Thank you and please support him if you enjoyed his music!
Leave your thoughts and supporting words here as he will be reading them!  :smooch:

littlejay
Post Dec 12, 2014 @ 4:22 pm

Nice interview @Hienwa!

The music wasn't bad. He kind of sounds like TOP. He's not bad looking either. I can see him signing to YG.

Unique
Post Dec 13, 2014 @ 7:15 am

This is pretty good tbh.

lol @littlejay he says he wants to stay as an independent artist.

Kumiho
Post Dec 13, 2014 @ 7:49 am

It's a good song! He is one of the few new artists I actually like.   .^_^.

(The fact he is cute is a plus point)

Indigo92
Post Dec 13, 2014 @ 8:12 am

"Leave your thoughts and supporting words here as he will be reading them!"
^_^*
This is something I would listen to regularly, I liked it.

iridescence15
Post Dec 13, 2014 @ 9:36 am

I liked it!  <3  I'll be looking forward to his new music in the future! and nice selca with the cat, 10/10  :lol:
(and he's cute LOL. he kind of looks like a mix of Roy Kim and Nichkhun?... in a good way. haha) 

Nobody
Post Dec 13, 2014 @ 10:43 am

He's kawaii <3 lol but nah the song is pretty catchy. I look forward to hearing more from him and seeing what kind of melodies he produces next and I hope that one day in the future maybe we can produce a song together  :nervous:

The Senpai that will never notice you~

littlejay
Post Dec 13, 2014 @ 1:20 pm

Unique wrote:This is pretty good tbh.

nugu powahhhh!

we need to support him

littlejay
Post Dec 13, 2014 @ 1:22 pm

Nobody wrote:He's kawaii <3 lol but nah the song is pretty catchy. I look forward to hearing more from him and seeing what kind of melodies he produces next and I hope that one day in the future maybe we can produce a song together  :nervous:
u spread ur legs for everyone u thot

Unique
Post Dec 13, 2014 @ 1:31 pm

littlejay wrote:
Unique wrote:This is pretty good tbh.

nugu powahhhh!

we need to support him
We're tho  :lol:

Nobody
Post Dec 14, 2014 @ 1:57 pm

littlejay wrote:
Nobody wrote:He's kawaii <3 lol but nah the song is pretty catchy. I look forward to hearing more from him and seeing what kind of melodies he produces next and I hope that one day in the future maybe we can produce a song together  :nervous:
I'm not spreading my legs, I just wanna produce music brah :c 

The Senpai that will never notice you~

dsf
Post Dec 14, 2014 @ 2:02 pm

I'm so shallow... he's really good looking... I saved all those pictures...
The music is just a plus this time....
:drool:

littlejay
Post Dec 14, 2014 @ 3:59 pm

Nobody wrote:
littlejay wrote:
I'm not spreading my legs, I just wanna produce music brah :c 
u produce music with ur butt

Yaayanee
Post Dec 14, 2014 @ 8:33 pm