Back to Top!

Update Profile Walls beta has launched!

Important announcements from the Kpopselca team!
Poll: Do you like the profile walls?
Yes [16] (84%)
It needs more work [3] (16%)
Not really [0] (0%)
Total votes : 19
Hienwa
Post Apr 07, 2014 @ 12:56 am

The beta version of profile walls is now online! Thank you for your patience! It was delayed by a few hours because we ran into a major bug that needed to be fixed.

Profile walls are located at the bottom of the profile page below My Friends section or below the Pending Selcas section. The post editor for profile walls is similar to the private message editor. You can simply copy and paste images into the box. Once you have composed your comment, click the red Post button on the right to publish it.

Major features of profile walls:
-Users can post comments on profiles. To prevent loading issues, there is a 2,000 character limit per comment.
-Users can reply to comments. There is a view more link when more than 5 replies are posted for a comment.
-Users can thank other users comments. At the moment, this doesn't help the # of thanks you receive on the forum. We will attempt to add feature this later.
-Users can delete their own comments/replies by clicking the x button.
-Users can delete any comments/replies that are left on their own profile wall. If someone is harassing/spamming your profile wall, you can block them from viewing your profile using the block feature that was already available (Block User button).
-Users will receive an alert when a new comment is left on their profile wall or when someone thanks or replies to one of their comments. Clicking the alert will send them to the comment of interest.
-Users who still have "New Alerts" checked under the E-mail notifications in Account Settings will receive an e-mail alert when a user has left a comment on their profile wall. You can disable this in Account Settings but it may have already been disabled by you.
-Users can add images and other neat things when posting a comment however replies are text only.

Here is an example of me (@Hienwa) composing a comment on @Kpopselca's wall. I've written "Hey Kpopselca!" followed by an image.

Once I've clicked the big red Post button and it has been published, my comment will look something like this on @Kpopselca's wall in which he can reply and/or thank my comment:

You can reply using the "write a reply..." box below each comment. You may only thank comments that aren't your own. You can reply to your own comments as much as you like.

The user will receive an alert for each of these actions.

If you find any bugs, please report it to the admins. Any feedback or suggestions should be left here.

mashunja
Post Apr 07, 2014 @ 12:57 am

right now I'm commenting on a bunch of profiles and so far no bugs! Love it <3

Catbread
Post Apr 07, 2014 @ 12:59 am

looks awesome! thanks admins!

PRETTY YOUNG THINGS OF KPS ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ Issue: #1 #2
suvizzz
Post Apr 07, 2014 @ 1:03 am

THANK YOU SO MUCH :smooch:

Hienwa
Post Apr 07, 2014 @ 1:04 am

suvizzz wrote:THANK YOU SO MUCH :smooch:

You're welcome! Thanks for your patience.

littlejay
Post Apr 07, 2014 @ 1:10 am

Cool!!!!!!! Good job on the profile walls. If I find any bugs ill let u know.

isthisthekrustykrab
Post Apr 07, 2014 @ 1:26 am

yay thanks :D

Noona
Post Apr 07, 2014 @ 2:49 am

it looks beautiful and i'm taking full advantage of it.
thank you, admins!!!!!!

:^)
Unique
Post Apr 07, 2014 @ 2:59 am

HELL YEAH! <3

UlzzangNicky
Post Apr 07, 2014 @ 3:31 am

Thank you @Hienwa and @Kpopselca <3 :smooch:

Owlsarecool15
Post Apr 07, 2014 @ 6:00 am

EPIC!

B1A4 (BANA)Bangtan Boys (A.R.M.Y) B.A.P (Baby) Beast (Beauty)Big Bang (VIP)Block B (BBC) BtoB (Melody) EXO (EXOtic) F(x) (Aff(x)tion) GOT7 (IGOT7) HIGH4 Infinite (Inspirit) MBLAQ (A+) Nu'est (L.O.V.E) SHINee (Shawol) SPEED (DEEPS) Super Junior (ELF) Teen Top (Angel) 2NE1 (Black Jack) U-Kiss (KissMe) VIXX (Starlight)
PhoenixVFIRE
Post Apr 07, 2014 @ 2:40 pm

@Hienwa, @Kpopselca

I was happy at first, but I've already encountered problems...

(I'm the only person who said needs more work apparently lol)....

1. I didn't get alerts for replies to the comments.
2. In one comment, I said, "Hey ^_^ sajkhsdfklhsadjkfh Kyungri ;;;;;;;;;;; <3." and only "Hey ^_^" appeared.

Soo..... yeah... ://

~St☆rlight~
Gyoshido
Post Apr 07, 2014 @ 2:53 pm

PhoenixVFIRE wrote:@Hienwa, @Kpopselca

2. In one comment, I said, "Hey ^_^ sajkhsdfklhsadjkfh Kyungri ;;;;;;;;;;; <3." and only "Hey ^_^" appeared.

I agree, the main issue for me is the look blends into the backgroound too much. Should be centered a bit more and stand out to be easier to navigate it.

Also I'm not sure if it goes into different pages, but after hundreds of comments I can see it being SO LONG to load.

None the less, so glad we have these finally!

High Skool ~ VIP ~ St☆rlight ~ Blackjack ~ Kamilia ~ Shawol ~ Aff(x)tionate ~ Dai5y ~ S♥ne ~ Aileean
♥ Han Seungyeon ♥
My last.fm
Gyoshido
Post Apr 07, 2014 @ 3:05 pm

I'm also not getting certain alerts after someone replies to my comment on a post. As in They post on the wall, i comment, they post again. I dont get that second message sometimes, but I get the first.

High Skool ~ VIP ~ St☆rlight ~ Blackjack ~ Kamilia ~ Shawol ~ Aff(x)tionate ~ Dai5y ~ S♥ne ~ Aileean
♥ Han Seungyeon ♥
My last.fm
Hienwa
Post Apr 07, 2014 @ 3:17 pm

PhoenixVFIRE wrote:@Hienwa, @Kpopselca

You will get alerts for replies that are made on your own comments. You won't get any alerts for replies on other users comments.

When another user replies to another person's reply, it will not send an alert because we don't know whether the person is addressing their reply to the original comment poster or the person who last posted or any other user who replied in that comment. We will come up with a better solution to handle this such as adding mentions (@username).

As for #2, I think this might have been server load issue or character problem. We will look into this issue.

Thank you for your feedback.