Back to Top!

Update Profile Walls beta has launched!

Important announcements from the Kpopselca team!
Poll: Do you like the profile walls?
Yes [16] (84%)
It needs more work [3] (16%)
Not really [0] (0%)
Total votes : 19
Gyoshido
Post Apr 07, 2014 @ 3:23 pm

Hienwa wrote:
PhoenixVFIRE wrote:@Hienwa, @Kpopselca

I was happy at first, but I've already encountered problems...

(I'm the only person who said needs more work apparently lol)....

1. I didn't get alerts for replies to the comments.
2. In one comment, I said, "Hey ^_^ sajkhsdfklhsadjkfh Kyungri ;;;;;;;;;;; <3." and only "Hey ^_^" appeared.

Soo..... yeah... ://

You will get alerts for replies that are made on your own comments. You won't get any alerts for replies on other users comments.

When another user replies to another person's reply, it will not send an alert because we don't know whether the person is addressing their reply to the original comment poster or the person who last posted or any other user who replied in that comment. We will come up with a better solution to handle this such as adding mentions (@username).

As for #2, I think this might have been server load issue or character problem. We will look into this issue.

Thank you for your feedback.

Can you make it so we just always get a message if its on our profile? I think everyone would read it if its on their profile regardless of if it addresses them.

High Skool ~ VIP ~ St☆rlight ~ Blackjack ~ Kamilia ~ Shawol ~ Aff(x)tionate ~ Dai5y ~ S♥ne ~ Aileean
♥ Han Seungyeon ♥
My last.fm
Hienwa
Post Apr 07, 2014 @ 3:24 pm

Gyoshido wrote:

2. In one comment, I said, "Hey ^_^ sajkhsdfklhsadjkfh Kyungri ;;;;;;;;;;; <3." and only "Hey ^_^" appeared.

I agree, the main issue for me is the look blends into the backgroound too much. Should be centered a bit more and stand out to be easier to navigate it.

Also I'm not sure if it goes into different pages, but after hundreds of comments I can see it being SO LONG to load.

None the less, so glad we have these finally!

Thank you for your suggestion about the design of the profile walls. We will make it stand out more in the future.
Pages will show up when there are too many comments on your profile. It is currently set at 10 comments per page. Also replies are set at 5 per comment before it is collapsed to reduce the length of each page. A view more link will show up when there are more than 5 replies. We may reduce the amount of comments per page if we start to see the profile walls getting too lengthy.

Hienwa
Post Apr 07, 2014 @ 3:26 pm

Gyoshido wrote:
Hienwa wrote:

You will get alerts for replies that are made on your own comments. You won't get any alerts for replies on other users comments.

When another user replies to another person's reply, it will not send an alert because we don't know whether the person is addressing their reply to the original comment poster or the person who last posted or any other user who replied in that comment. We will come up with a better solution to handle this such as adding mentions (@username).

As for #2, I think this might have been server load issue or character problem. We will look into this issue.

Thank you for your feedback.

Can you make it so we just always get a message if its on our profile? I think everyone would read it if its on their profile regardless of if it addresses them.

Great suggestion. I think we may do both.

littlejay
Post Apr 07, 2014 @ 3:55 pm

i get this weird slash when i make a reply with an apostrophe in it. Like "Joey/'s cigar".

Hienwa
Post Apr 07, 2014 @ 4:36 pm

littlejay wrote:i get this weird slash when i make a reply with an apostrophe in it. Like "Joey/'s cigar".

Thank you. We are aware of this character issue and will attempt to fix it soon.

PhoenixVFIRE
Post Apr 07, 2014 @ 6:39 pm

Gyoshido wrote:Can you make it so we just always get a message if its on our profile? I think everyone would read it if its on their profile regardless of if it addresses them.

I was just about to say this ^^ lol I agree, whether it addresses me or not, I would like to read comments on my profile~

~St☆rlight~
Hienwa
Post Apr 07, 2014 @ 9:00 pm

PhoenixVFIRE wrote:
Gyoshido wrote:Can you make it so we just always get a message if its on our profile? I think everyone would read it if its on their profile regardless of if it addresses them.

I was just about to say this ^^ lol I agree, whether it addresses me or not, I would like to read comments on my profile~

Ok, this will be done in possibly 2 days or by the end of this week.

InLoveWith2NE1
Post Apr 08, 2014 @ 1:27 pm

First of all, I'd just like to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for the hard work you have done with making profile walls for us it's a great feature to have an we all appreciate it!
But, I have to point out a couple of problems I've encountered with it (I don't know if it's just happening to me/my wall though):
1. I just replied to someone's post on my wall, like literally about 5 minutes ago, but the time says I posted my reply about an hour ago.

2. It doesn't show all of my reply on a post on my wall, for example, I replied to @suvizzz post saying: "Omg, it was weird seeing a comment saying "suvizzz left a comment on your profile wall!". But YAY we finally have profile walls, and you were the first one to post on mine! Congrats <3 <3 But I don't think emoticons work on walls yet", but the comment stops at "Congrats"...

3. Also, emoticons don't seem to work when I try to post them in a reply to a post on my wall (I'm not sure if that was intentional though). I tried to use the <3 emoticon twice but it didn't appear (both the emoticon and the character version)

Here's a screenshot so you can see what I mean:
SHOW SPOILER

Sorry to be pointing them out (I feel like I'm criticising your guys work a lot, but I'm not! Just not sure if its me that it's happening to). And sorry if others have pointed these things out!
Thanks again <3
@Kpopselca @Hienwa

Hienwa
Post Apr 08, 2014 @ 2:10 pm

InLoveWith2NE1 wrote:First of all, I'd just like to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for the hard work you have done with making profile walls for us it's a great feature to have an we all appreciate it!
But, I have to point out a couple of problems I've encountered with it (I don't know if it's just happening to me/my wall though):
1. I just replied to someone's post on my wall, like literally about 5 minutes ago, but the time says I posted my reply about an hour ago.

2. It doesn't show all of my reply on a post on my wall, for example, I replied to @suvizzz post saying: "Omg, it was weird seeing a comment saying "suvizzz left a comment on your profile wall!". But YAY we finally have profile walls, and you were the first one to post on mine! Congrats <3 <3 But I don't think emoticons work on walls yet", but the comment stops at "Congrats"...

3. Also, emoticons don't seem to work when I try to post them in a reply to a post on my wall (I'm not sure if that was intentional though). I tried to use the <3 emoticon twice but it didn't appear (both the emoticon and the character version)

Here's a screenshot so you can see what I mean:
SHOW SPOILER

Sorry to be pointing them out (I feel like I'm criticising your guys work a lot, but I'm not! Just not sure if its me that it's happening to). And sorry if others have pointed these things out!
Thanks again <3
@Kpopselca @Hienwa

Thank you and we appreciate your feedback and politeness. This is actually what we want to hear from our users. The profile walls are currently in beta stage so we're open to any feedback or suggestions.

Can you PM me the timezone you are in? Do you use DST (Daylight Savings Time)?

As for #2, the "<" character is currently not allowed and that's most likely why your reply was cut off after the smileys. We did this as a security measure but may change it later to allow this.

For #3, all replies are text only. We did this intentionally to reduce server load. Also we didn't want replies to stand out more than the comments so that's why we made it like that.

InLoveWith2NE1
Post Apr 08, 2014 @ 2:54 pm

Hienwa wrote:Thank you and we appreciate your feedback and politeness. This is actually what we want to hear from our users. The profile walls are currently in beta stage so we're open to any feedback or suggestions.

Can you PM me the timezone you are in? Do you use DST (Daylight Savings Time)?

As for #2, the "<" character is currently not allowed and that's most likely why your reply was cut off after the smileys. We did this as a security measure but may change it later to allow this.

For #3, all replies are text only. We did this intentionally to reduce server load. Also we didn't want replies to stand out more than the comments so that's why we made it like that.

You're very welcome! And thank you for such a fast/organised reply to answer my questions!
I'll just post it here as I'm not really bothered about others knowing, haha: I'm in England so we use DST, the timezone I'm in right now is GMT+1. So I guess that's why it says my comment was posted an hour before I actually did it. ^_^*

As for everything else, fair enough! Glad they aren't major problems that need fixing or anything, just things I weren't aware of (probably because of my bad reading skills in the OP to this thread. Haha :P)
Thanks for the help once again!

kdragonkwon
Post Apr 08, 2014 @ 4:02 pm

InLoveWith2NE1 wrote:You're very welcome! And thank you for such a fast/organised reply to answer my questions!
I'll just post it here as I'm not really bothered about others knowing, haha: I'm in England so we use DST, the timezone I'm in right now is GMT+1. So I guess that's why it says my comment was posted an hour before I actually did it. ^_^*

As for everything else, fair enough! Glad they aren't major problems that need fixing or anything, just things I weren't aware of (probably because of my bad reading skills in the OP to this thread. Haha :P)
Thanks for the help once again!

I'm in England too though and I haven't had this issue with the time coming up incorrectly? When I post it says something like 'under a minute ago' which is correct.

For example:

@Hienwa

InLoveWith2NE1
Post Apr 08, 2014 @ 4:36 pm

kdragonkwon wrote:I'm in England too though and I haven't had this issue with the time coming up incorrectly? When I post it says something like 'under a minute ago' which is correct.

For example:

SHOW SPOILER

@Hienwa

Hmm, that's a little odd! I can't think why it's happening with me then... :-? Although, I have only commented on one wall post so far, so I guess I'll have to see what happens with my future comments to see if it's a recurring problem or not!

littlejay
Post Apr 08, 2014 @ 6:51 pm

InLoveWith2NE1 wrote:
kdragonkwon wrote:I'm in England too though and I haven't had this issue with the time coming up incorrectly? When I post it says something like 'under a minute ago' which is correct.

For example:

SHOW SPOILER

@Hienwa

Hmm, that's a little odd! I can't think why it's happening with me then... :-? Although, I have only commented on one wall post so far, so I guess I'll have to see what happens with my future comments to see if it's a recurring problem or not!

I dont think England uses DST. Do they?

InLoveWith2NE1
Post Apr 08, 2014 @ 7:03 pm

littlejay wrote:I dont think England uses DST. Do they?

Yeah! The clocks went forward an hour, just over a week ago :)

littlejay
Post Apr 09, 2014 @ 6:21 pm

InLoveWith2NE1 wrote:
littlejay wrote:I dont think England uses DST. Do they?

Yeah! The clocks went forward an hour, just over a week ago :)

There is DST here too and it's working fine so maybe its not DST causing this.