Back to Top!

High School Financial Aid Suspension [ADVICE]

What's your major?
Page 1 of 1
Jix96
Post Apr 22, 2014 @ 4:43 pm

I just found recently im under financial aid suspension bc i withdrew two classes during the time i was dual enrolled! I didnt even know what the fuck was financial aid suspension, till i found out. I withdrew those classes when i was in the middle of my 11th grade year which was March bc i had SO MUCH work from my high school classes and the two classes i took in college. It was stressing me out and on top of that my grandmother died and my mom had to go out to the country.
For the fact i just found out all of this now is stressing me out and im graduating within one month. i know its my fault but i didnt know any of this. Im almost done with doing the appeal so the financial aid committee can approve it.
But all of this is stressing me out and i feel like crying my eyes!! :'(
I was thinking about taking a break for about 6 months only bc i want to raise money but, i dont know how to calm down since this is stressing me out :sad: :sad:

littlejay
Post Apr 22, 2014 @ 5:05 pm

I much does school cost you? It seems like you are very tight on money. Have you thought about getting a small loan?

Pitu-chan
Post Apr 22, 2014 @ 6:07 pm

I'm not sure if this could help but have you talk to someone that could help you with it or someone you could explain your situation?

Yaayanee
Post Apr 22, 2014 @ 8:17 pm

What does that even mean? Financial aid suspension?? Never heard of it.

hungryforramen
Post Apr 23, 2014 @ 12:35 am

Yaayanee wrote:What does that even mean? Financial aid suspension?? Never heard of it.

Scholarships. Usually smart and talented students gets it.

Jix96 wrote:I just found recently im under financial aid suspension bc i withdrew two classes during the time i was dual enrolled! I didnt even know what the fuck was financial aid suspension, till i found out. I withdrew those classes when i was in the middle of my 11th grade year which was March bc i had SO MUCH work from my high school classes and the two classes i took in college. It was stressing me out and on top of that my grandmother died and my mom had to go out to the country.
For the fact i just found out all of this now is stressing me out and im graduating within one month. i know its my fault but i didnt know any of this. Im almost done with doing the appeal so the financial aid committee can approve it.
I was thinking about taking a break for about 6 months only bc i want to raise money but, i dont know how to calm down since this is stressing me out :sad: :sad:

Anyway, find a study loan if it's long-term. If it's just for a semester or two (in a nutshell, temporarily suspended) just hang in there!

Yaayanee
Post Apr 23, 2014 @ 6:05 am

hungryforramen wrote:
Yaayanee wrote:What does that even mean? Financial aid suspension?? Never heard of it.

No the whole thing. How can you be suspended from financial aid?

hungryforramen
Post Apr 23, 2014 @ 8:28 am

Yaayanee wrote:
hungryforramen wrote:

No the whole thing. How can you be suspended from financial aid?

Well; disciplinary problems, failing classes and not getting the targeted aim for you CGPA can definitely contribute to its suspension. Like in her case, she opted out few subjects. Probably according to the financial aid/scholarship company/giver terms and conditions, you do need to fulfill those that are required, including not opting out subjects.

Gyoshido
Post Apr 23, 2014 @ 9:31 am

You really are so uneducated.

High Skool ~ VIP ~ St☆rlight ~ Blackjack ~ Kamilia ~ Shawol ~ Aff(x)tionate ~ Dai5y ~ S♥ne ~ Aileean
♥ Han Seungyeon ♥
My last.fm
Yaayanee
Post Apr 23, 2014 @ 9:36 am

Gyoshido wrote:

You really are so uneducated.

Fuck off. I'm seriously wondering, why are you always replying to my posts? Can you act like you're not obsessed for a sec.

Jix96
Post Apr 23, 2014 @ 11:22 am

littlejay wrote:I much does school cost you? It seems like you are very tight on money. Have you thought about getting a small loan?

well for full time classes it cost about $11,000 and then part time is around $8, 800
But if my financial aid is suspended doesnt that mean i wont get a small loan neither???

Jix96
Post Apr 23, 2014 @ 11:26 am

hungryforramen wrote:

Jix96 wrote:I just found recently im under financial aid suspension bc i withdrew two classes during the time i was dual enrolled! I didnt even know what the fuck was financial aid suspension, till i found out. I withdrew those classes when i was in the middle of my 11th grade year which was March bc i had SO MUCH work from my high school classes and the two classes i took in college. It was stressing me out and on top of that my grandmother died and my mom had to go out to the country.

Anyway, find a study loan if it's long-term. If it's just for a semester or two (in a nutshell, temporarily suspended) just hang in there!

Man i cant believe i found out all of this in the last minute Dx
Im applying as much scholarships as i can and i actually wanna take a 6 month break so, i can save up money! :D

Page 1 of 1