Back to Top!

Debate Would your bias still be your bias...

Heated discussions about k-pop idols and groups. Not for the weak!
littlebigelf
Post Aug 20, 2013 @ 5:21 pm

if they were involved in a blackface scandal (if they're not already)? :-?

Edit: If anyone cares, my bias would still be my bias...

thisname1
Post Aug 20, 2013 @ 5:22 pm

Lulz yeah

minkwon2
Post Aug 20, 2013 @ 5:25 pm

duh
Most idols are closet racist anyway. It's more the countries fault than the idols tbh
I don't mean an "oppa didn't mean it" type thing, but the country in general is ignorant towards racism so

jsa
Post Aug 20, 2013 @ 5:26 pm

Mmm... probably?

MBLAQ | BTOB | VIXX | BEAST | INFINITE | NINE MUSES  |BLOCK B | MAD TOWN | MYNAME ❭❭ 블랙코미디월드 ❬❬
last.fm

kurumi
Post Aug 20, 2013 @ 5:27 pm

yes, me and kevin can be racist together

u-gay
damianb

The only person I'm really biased towards is Jia and I don't see her as an uneducated, culturally insensitive person.
She's probably experiencing prejudiced and racism in Korea for being Chinese so I doubt she would even do something to stupid.

HyunBin

minkwon2 wrote:duh
Most idols are closet racist anyway. It's more the countries fault than the idols tbh
I don't mean an "oppa didn't mean it" type thing, but the country in general is ignorant towards racism so

Only if you knew how wrong you were.

SeoMania
Post Aug 20, 2013 @ 5:31 pm

Seohyun would never do something like that.

hs989
Post Aug 20, 2013 @ 5:32 pm

at the time kikwang was still my bias when he did blackface, as of now no. however, i don't hate him.

Nova_REMIX
Post Aug 20, 2013 @ 5:34 pm

Well, G-Dragon already got into two, but I honestly don't think he's a racist. It would be rather shocking if he is, because there is a steady amount of black people who work behind the scenes in YGE so...either he's very good at holding his racist tendencies in, or he's not. As for Seung Ri, IDK...I don't think he's racist; I think he's just ignorant in regards to matters of race (which is sad). Hopefully though he's learned since then from his stereotyping comment that he made. IDK about the rest of BigBang. I'm pretty sure Tae Yang is not a racist and wouldn't do blackface, but I think BigBang would still be my bias. I'd just be HELLA disappointed in them. I'd like their music. Not necessarily them.

Chrystal
Post Aug 20, 2013 @ 5:36 pm

littlebigelf wrote:if they were involved in a blackface scandal (if they're not already)? :-?

With all the false blackface accusations there has been I'm not sure I could even take the accusers seriously if a legit one pops up (I wouldn't even open a thread with "blackface" int the topic unless I feel like laughing. SO I'd probably be surprised if I opened one and saw that it was real).

AussiEXOtic
Post Aug 20, 2013 @ 5:37 pm

Yes i would.

Forever and always Bangtan Boys ♥ A.R.M.Y
littlebigelf
Post Aug 20, 2013 @ 5:39 pm

Chrystal wrote:
littlebigelf wrote:if they were involved in a blackface scandal (if they're not already)? :-?

With all the false blackface accusations there has been I'm not sure I could even take the accusers seriously if a legit one pops up (I wouldn't even open a thread with "blackface" int the topic unless I feel like laughing. SO I'd probably be surprised if I opened one and saw that it was real).

Agree. Too many people are more than ready to throw someone under the bus for something they probably didn't even do, but only to make them look bad...

noctos
Post Aug 20, 2013 @ 5:52 pm

hmm I honestly don't see my biases (bias groups, really) ever doing it, but I think it depends on the context.
If they did it out of ignorance, and learn that it is not something that is accepted or funny, etc, then it's alright. They learn a lesson from their mistakes.
If they did it out of pure means to upset people or insult others, then I would most likely not like them quite as much. I'm not sure. I haven't given much thought to it.

Peege
Post Aug 20, 2013 @ 5:52 pm

Only if they learned from it and never did it again.