Back to Top!

Debate YG Vs. SM

Heated discussions about k-pop idols and groups. Not for the weak!
Itsquinnbro
Post May 19, 2013 @ 10:07 am

Which company do you believe is better? And, why?

:lol:

girlsday
Post May 19, 2013 @ 10:09 am

SM. Mainly because there's no YG artists I'm into.

Aerie
Post May 19, 2013 @ 10:10 am

As far as companies go, YG. They know what songs to promote from their artists and they get the most out of them (I'm not strictly speaking about promotions. I'm pertaining more to the group itself and what they're promoting.)

I think SM brings out better music for K-Pop, though. They don't stray away much from what they know.

Bomi ♥ A Pink ♥ Namjoo
Emily235
Post May 19, 2013 @ 10:10 am

Neither are better. They're just different ^_^

anjel5521
Post May 19, 2013 @ 10:12 am

I don't really like SM but if it's between them and YG I'd pick SM, especially because I think they're doing very well lately. I don't like most of the artists from either company but when it comes to individual songs I tend to like more SM songs. Also, I prefer the way SM promotes over YG.

EXO · Sekai · Xiuhan · Baekyeol
sungyeolpenis
Post May 19, 2013 @ 6:17 pm

well, yg is just bad at his job, and sm brings out the shittiest music in kpop
hard choice

i am anti 2pm
i am anti louis tomlinson
minkwon2
Post May 20, 2013 @ 7:28 am

SMs idols are more talented. The only great YG has imo is GD, where as SM has Taeyeon, Hyoyeon, Taemin, Luna, KRY, BoA, Kai, etc. but YG works harder to make better albums and better promotions. But at the same time, that sometimes causes comebacks to take way too long.

I think I'm gonna go with SM, but both companys have their faults.

CupcakesForever
Post May 20, 2013 @ 7:29 am

SM, I hate how YG says they're "all about the music" when all of their artists are so obviously produced.

StaleCupcake
Post May 20, 2013 @ 7:33 am

YG because the music they have is more of what I like and is just all around better but is SM is the least talented out of the big 3 they only care about looks while YG is about music

theb1tchslayer21
Post May 20, 2013 @ 7:35 am

I like both companies~ But I lean more towards the YG end of the stick~ I am a YG stand but also a realist~ So I know what is right and what is wrong~ I enjoy more of YG's music & artist <3

~King Z~
Seungslut
Post May 20, 2013 @ 7:37 am

YG because Seungri

minkwon2
Post May 20, 2013 @ 7:38 am

StaleCupcake wrote:YG because the music they have is more of what I like and is just all around better but is SM is the least talented out of the big 3 they only care about looks while YG is about music

Which is why YG has Bom, Dara, and Seungri. Because they're so over the top talented.

Gooo
Post May 20, 2013 @ 7:38 am

Even though most of my biases are from SM, I'm gonna have to go with YG.

I'm really into most of their artists, not just the mainstream ones like BB, 2NE1, Psy, and whatnot.
Their music is just on another level to me. I think all of their artists play a vital role and are talented. Even though some may not agree.

Though I will admit, I am quite dissatisfied with the way he has been working things lately :serious:

iamawesome
Post May 21, 2013 @ 2:36 am

I'm just gonna pick SM... YG produces good music but please, YG idols rarely goes to any variety shows so I can't spazz so much. SM is doing well now. <3

Eriochrome
Post May 21, 2013 @ 2:38 am

why gee musically

ess em for management (generally)