Back to Top!

Suggestion Alerts and tags [solved]

Got a suggestion/question or found a website bug?
Page 1 of 1
anjel5521
Post May 19, 2013 @ 10:09 am

I'm not sure if there's an option for this I'm missing but I think it'd be helpful to have alerts for when a person quotes you in the forum. An alert whenever someone thanks you would be cool too. Also, tags would be a nice way to alert someone when you want to talk to them in a thread.


EXO · Sekai · Xiuhan · Baekyeol
Itsquinnbro
Post May 19, 2013 @ 10:10 am

at the top right, right next to your name is an arrow, click on it, it will tell you if you have any alerts.

or maybe thats inbox. idk it says alerts

Aerie
Post May 19, 2013 @ 10:17 am

Agreed. I don't mind not having notifications if you were thanked, but I want to at least see if people quote me :c


Bomi ♥ A Pink ♥ Namjoo
anjel5521
Post May 19, 2013 @ 10:23 am

Itsquinnbro wrote:at the top right, right next to your name is an arrow, click on it, it will tell you if you have any alerts.

or maybe thats inbox. idk it says alerts

It only tells you when you get messages. It doesn't even notify you for friend requests. Which actually...lemme add that to the list too, lol.

Aerie wrote:Agreed. I don't mind not having notifications if you were thanked, but I want to at least see if people quote me :c

Yeah, I want a few more alerts for things. Friend requests, quotes/replies, thanks, etc. I will try to think of more xD


EXO · Sekai · Xiuhan · Baekyeol
Hienwa
Post May 19, 2013 @ 10:42 am

anjel5521 wrote:
Itsquinnbro wrote:at the top right, right next to your name is an arrow, click on it, it will tell you if you have any alerts.

or maybe thats inbox. idk it says alerts

It only tells you when you get messages. It doesn't even notify you for friend requests. Which actually...lemme add that to the list too, lol.

Aerie wrote:Agreed. I don't mind not having notifications if you were thanked, but I want to at least see if people quote me :c

Yeah, I want a few more alerts for things. Friend requests, quotes/replies, thanks, etc. I will try to think of more xD

Good suggestion. I will work on this in the next few weeks but it requires some time because we need to custom code it. Right now, by default, it does e-mail you when you get a friends request. It might be in your spam/junk box though.

There are also a topic subscription/bookmark option at bottom of each topic but I haven't tested that yet.

Hiram
Post May 19, 2013 @ 10:42 am

omg, I agree 1000x I am so lost. We need alerts, I don't even know if people are quoting me. I just thought you guys were all ignoring me.


adamkwon
Post May 19, 2013 @ 10:43 am

it needs to be more obvious you have an alert

plus i couldn't find where my friend requests were ;(


anjel5521
Post May 19, 2013 @ 10:57 am

Hienwa wrote:Good suggestion. I will work on this in the next few weeks but it requires some time because we need to custom code it. Right now, by default, it does e-mail you when you get a friends request. It might be in your spam/junk box though.

There are also a topic subscription/bookmark option at bottom of each topic but I haven't tested that yet.

Okay, cool. I did see the subscription option but I haven't tested it either yet. I'll subscribe to a few threads and let you know how it works~
And I don't check my email that often (i actually turned off that setting, lol) but I do check my friend requests manually for now. If you deem it as a worthwhile addition I don't mind waiting a few extra weeks for it.
Agh, you're such a cool admin~ *^^*


EXO · Sekai · Xiuhan · Baekyeol
TokyoDogz
Post May 19, 2013 @ 12:53 pm

you're really going all out on this site hu, be a mod here. ^^


''as you walk on by, will you call my name?''
anjel5521
Post May 19, 2013 @ 12:54 pm

TokyoDogz wrote:you're really going all out on this site hu, be a mod here. ^^

I should be yo xD


EXO · Sekai · Xiuhan · Baekyeol
toradora101
Post May 19, 2013 @ 12:54 pm

Yes.

You really wanna be a mod dont you...


Kpopselca
Post May 19, 2013 @ 12:59 pm

This has been added to the todo list. Thanks for your feedback!

Page 1 of 1