Back to Top!

Bug Keep getting email notifications even though the setting is turned off [solved]

Got a suggestion/question or found a website bug?
Page 1 of 1
jennaayy
Post Jun 08, 2013 @ 9:26 pm

So I keep getting email notifications whenever I bookmark a thread, but in my account settings, I've unchecked all email notifications. Is there an extra step that I'm missing or just a bug?

Also... this isn't a bug but I was wondering if there was anything you guys could do about the automatic refreshing whenever you thank someone. It can get frustrating for people, especially if they're backtracking a thread.

Other than that, you guys are doing a great job :)

STAR1BBC Inspirit
Hienwa
Post Jun 08, 2013 @ 9:33 pm

jennaayy wrote:So I keep getting email notifications whenever I bookmark a thread, but in my account settings, I've unchecked all email notifications. Is there an extra step that I'm missing or just a bug?

Also... this isn't a bug but I was wondering if there was anything you guys could do about the automatic refreshing whenever you thank someone. It can get frustrating for people, especially if they're backtracking a thread.

Hi jennaayy. This is a bug we weren't aware of. We'll try to fix this tomorrow. As for the thank button refreshing the page, this was suggested before and we plan on making it better in the future.

jennaayy
Post Jun 09, 2013 @ 3:05 am

Hienwa wrote:
jennaayy wrote:So I keep getting email notifications whenever I bookmark a thread, but in my account settings, I've unchecked all email notifications. Is there an extra step that I'm missing or just a bug?

Hi jennaayy. This is a bug we weren't aware of. We'll try to fix this tomorrow. As for the thank button refreshing the page, this was suggested before and we plan on making it better in the future.

I just realized that my description of the problem is a little confusing and makes it sound like I get emails telling me that I bookmarked a thread. Apologies! The problem is that when I bookmark a thread, I get email notifications whenever someone replies to the thread, even when I don't have any boxes checked under the email settings.

Thanks for looking into it! Yay for being Vietnamese btw

STAR1BBC Inspirit
Page 1 of 1