Back to Top!

Random Asian countries you've been to and would like to go to next?

Relax and talk about anything in general
littlejay
Post Jan 22, 2016 @ 12:30 pm

Been to: Korea, Cambodia

Would like to: Japan, Taiwan, Singapore, Vietnam

Kpopfan564
Post Jan 22, 2016 @ 2:27 pm

I haven't really been anywhere (i'm usually broke) but me and a friend are planning on taking a trip to Japan sometime next year

Unique
Post Jan 23, 2016 @ 3:30 am

I've never left Europe....

I would like to go to all Asian countries, but I plan to apply to the japanese gov's scholarships so there's that....

BabyPandaHat
Post Jan 23, 2016 @ 4:30 pm

I have been to Japan only (out of all asian countries), and I would like to go back there. In fact, I'm trying to save money so I can go there again xD
I'm a bit torn on Korea since it doesn't attract me so much (doesn't look like an interesting country with much to do other than shopping tbh) so I think that if I'd ever go there, I'd only go for a week. 
I want to visit China and hong Kong, Vietnam is a very beautiful country too, same for Nepal (plu smy uncle lives there so it'd be cool to say hi). I'd like to go to India once, but I definitely wouldn't go alone xD 

Left Kpopselca
kawaiiqueensone
Post Jan 26, 2016 @ 4:00 pm

never went to asia i only been to canada, im going to mexico next year to vist my family memebers i just lived in the u.s my whole life and never visted any other countries
i might go on a student exchnage next year in highschool to japan and i would like to vist all asian countries in general 

(✿ ♥‿♥)princess R♔ 
littlejay
Post Jan 26, 2016 @ 5:38 pm

Unique wrote:I've never left Europe....

I would like to go to all Asian countries, but I plan to apply to the japanese gov's scholarships so there's that....
@BabyPandaHat
@Kpopfan564

The only thing that scares me from visiting Japan are the earthquakes and tsunamis.

India would be a nice place to visit too since I'm attracted to Indian/Desi girls. I can travel the world if I wanted to but I don't think I would want to visit Japan first. Maybe this year I'll visit one of the more affordable ones. I'm actually thinking of buying a house somewhere in Asia and maybe living there long term. But it's got to be cheap so I can save up even more money than I already am.

littlejay
Post Jan 27, 2016 @ 2:00 am

kawaiiqueensone wrote:never went to asia i only been to canada, im going to mexico next year to vist my family memebers i just lived in the u.s my whole life and never visted any other countries
i might go on a student exchnage next year in highschool to japan and i would like to vist all asian countries in general 
Nice. I hope you stay safe in Mexico. All those documentaries about drug lords and cartels makes me cross Mexico off my list of countries to visit. I love Mexican culture, food and girls but I just can't go there. Also, about 50% of my friends are Mexican and I know what their families is like. It's not much different from Asian families.

Unique
Post Jan 27, 2016 @ 6:55 am

littlejay wrote:

@BabyPandaHat
@Kpopfan564

The only thing that scares me from visiting Japan are the earthquakes and tsunamis.

India would be a nice place to visit too since I'm attracted to Indian/Desi girls. I can travel the world if I wanted to but I don't think I would want to visit Japan first. Maybe this year I'll visit one of the more affordable ones. I'm actually thinking of buying a house somewhere in Asia and maybe living there long term. But it's got to be cheap so I can save up even more money than I already am.
But you are 1000000000000000x more likely to survive to a strong earthquake in Japan than in SA.

Since you're a man, India would be a great place for you to find a wife (unless she's a Muslim)...as for women....it's not so safe to travel to India alone...
The cheapest place for you to buy a house and live and Asia would be somewhere in SA, like Indonesia, PH, Thailand or Malaysia.

BabyPandaHat
Post Jan 27, 2016 @ 8:05 am

Unique wrote:
littlejay wrote:

@BabyPandaHat
@Kpopfan564

But you are 1000000000000000x more likely to survive to a strong earthquake in Japan than in SA.

Since you're a man, India would be a great place for you to find a wife (unless she's a Muslim)...as for women....it's not so safe to travel to India alone...
The cheapest place for you to buy a house and live and Asia would be somewhere in SA, like Indonesia, PH, Thailand or Malaysia.

@littlejay  I agree about the earthquakes. Japan has 300+ earthquakes a day, and most of them aren't so bad. I experienced an earthquake there, most people don't give a shit since they're used to it. In Japan, trains etc automatically stop when there's an earthquake, and the news always covers them as soon as it happens. They're super well prepared because they're so common. Another thing about earthquakes in Japan is that they literally rebuild almost all buildings every few years so that everything is up to date and strong enough to withstand new earthquakes. Honestly, Japan is super safe when it comes to earthquakes. Tsunamis are less common, and depending on where in Japan you live you'll probably never experience one at all. 
As for buying a house in Asia, I wouldn't try Japan xD it's super expensive, and everything is really small. 

I would like to stay in Japan for 5-6 months and travel.... unfortunately you can only stay for 90 days at a time or you need a job, and I don't want a job in Japan xD 

Left Kpopselca
Unique
Post Jan 27, 2016 @ 3:19 pm

BabyPandaHat wrote:@littlejay  I agree about the earthquakes. Japan has 300+ earthquakes a day, and most of them aren't so bad. I experienced an earthquake there, most people don't give a shit since they're used to it. In Japan, trains etc automatically stop when there's an earthquake, and the news always covers them as soon as it happens. They're super well prepared because they're so common. Another thing about earthquakes in Japan is that they literally rebuild almost all buildings every few years so that everything is up to date and strong enough to withstand new earthquakes. Honestly, Japan is super safe when it comes to earthquakes. Tsunamis are less common, and depending on where in Japan you live you'll probably never experience one at all. 
As for buying a house in Asia, I wouldn't try Japan xD it's super expensive, and everything is really small. 

I would like to stay in Japan for 5-6 months and travel.... unfortunately you can only stay for 90 days at a time or you need a job, and I don't want a job in Japan xD 

I think you can extend your visa (unless you're from a 3rd world country or something). Otherwise you can apply to scholarships or take a month off to a nearby country

BabyPandaHat
Post Feb 09, 2016 @ 2:00 pm

Unique wrote:
BabyPandaHat wrote:@littlejay  I agree about the earthquakes. Japan has 300+ earthquakes a day, and most of them aren't so bad. I experienced an earthquake there, most people don't give a shit since they're used to it. In Japan, trains etc automatically stop when there's an earthquake, and the news always covers them as soon as it happens. They're super well prepared because they're so common. Another thing about earthquakes in Japan is that they literally rebuild almost all buildings every few years so that everything is up to date and strong enough to withstand new earthquakes. Honestly, Japan is super safe when it comes to earthquakes. Tsunamis are less common, and depending on where in Japan you live you'll probably never experience one at all. 

I think you can extend your visa (unless you're from a 3rd world country or something). Otherwise you can apply to scholarships or take a month off to a nearby country
No you can't, Japan is super strict with visas, so nless you work there, get married to a citizen or get some kind of school related thing, they won't allow you to stay for more than 90 days. Then again maybe that changed. One plus side though is that you only need like, a week or something in between visits. So if you can get a new travel visa in that week, and go to like, korea or something until that visa works, then you can go back for another 90 days. Maybe I'll do  that if I ever havr the money... 

Left Kpopselca
littlejay
Post Feb 09, 2016 @ 3:28 pm

Unique wrote:
littlejay wrote:

@BabyPandaHat
@Kpopfan564

True, but the SA countries you listed has terrorist groups. The ones that dont are Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos. I'm actually thinking of one of those countries to live in.

Singapore is another but its too damn expensive.

littlejay
Post Feb 09, 2016 @ 3:30 pm

BabyPandaHat wrote:
Unique wrote:

No you can't, Japan is super strict with visas, so nless you work there, get married to a citizen or get some kind of school related thing, they won't allow you to stay for more than 90 days. Then again maybe that changed. One plus side though is that you only need like, a week or something in between visits. So if you can get a new travel visa in that week, and go to like, korea or something until that visa works, then you can go back for another 90 days. Maybe I'll do  that if I ever havr the money... 
Japan is a good country to visit but I would not stay too long. Their lifestyle looks hectic. Everyone is speed walking. It looks like they have no time to chill.

Unique
Post Feb 09, 2016 @ 3:40 pm

littlejay wrote:
Unique wrote:
littlejay wrote:@BabyPandaHat
@Kpopfan564

True, but the SA countries you listed has terrorist groups. The ones that dont are Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos. I'm actually thinking of one of those countries to live in.

Cambodia will become the next China, so I would go for Vietnam or Laos. Singapore is super expensive but it's a better option from all because of life quality

littlejay
Post Feb 09, 2016 @ 4:07 pm

Unique wrote:
littlejay wrote:
Unique wrote:But you are 1000000000000000x more likely to survive to a strong earthquake in Japan than in SA.

Cambodia will become the next China, so I would go for Vietnam or Laos. Singapore is super expensive but it's a better option from all because of life quality
It is better in life quality but if you're not a millionaire over there, you're pretty much going to struggle. I think 60% of Singapore's population are millionaires or something like that. The country is only 50 years old.

I agree, I would probably live in Vietnam. I just like how there is a lot of Korean and Japanese influence in Vietnam and the fact that it's so much cheaper than actually living in Korea or Japan.