Back to Top!

Rant It bothers me how the majority of KPOP fans are really shallow

Relax and talk about anything in general
kurumi
Post Sep 05, 2013 @ 6:57 pm

I know that this is the type of audience KPOP attracts and this might be their target audience in the company's minds but i dont like it. some fangirls are so shallow and fanboys too, people putting off a group because theyre not good looking or only liking a group for the same reason thats dumb as fuck. youre not going to be listening to their face when you hear their music, why does it make you feel better to know the person whose singing this or that is sexy or handsome? too many sheep in kpop too, you know the sheep im talking about the girls and boys who pretty much believe everything they see written by another kpop fan. for example if they see "YG is the best yg is so original yg is the only good company" over and over there are too many fans who will just stick to YG artists and have this standard plastered in their head, this podium that they hold this group or the artists of this company up on. these are the same people who complain about how much they want to escapes the mindless fangirls of western pop idols who happen to be popular such as bieber and 1d but theyre practically doing the same thing when they only feel what the majority likes is superior to everything else. no, what the majority likes and what is popular is definitely not superior in quality and no not every non-sm artist or non-yg artist is lame and shitty because they dont have a giant label to back them up.

but theres something else i find shallow in kpop and thats the music itself because pls lets face it 99% of kpop lyrics are love, swag, or party related. will this ever end? like no wonder the fans are so shallow, the lyrics are just as shitty and this isnt just one or two artists its literally the whole of kpop but i guess im contradicting myself now because ofcouse youre going to get shallow fans when everything you do is completely shallow. you dress to make fans swoon, you write lyrics messing with the emotions so you can purposely hold your fanbase by the hair and bash them against a picture of your face or a wall of your albums or a poster of your next tour, your market is so fast paced because you know how shallow fans can be and how easily they will forget about this or that idol once someone hotter and more appealing comes a long. i dont know how much longer i want to be in this fandom, i mean i know how awful it is and how awful the korean music industry is ad how they are trying to brainwash adolescence and im just letting it happen even though i know what is happening to me. i know ill probably grow out of it, this is probably a phase, and most fans probably feel the same even if they dont want to admit it because its the truth. when i say i will grow out of this i mean ill grow out of actually giving two shits about anyone except ukiss because ukiss will always have a special place in my heart tbh i can see myself coming back to certain songs or interviews years down the road when i have little to no more interest in kpop.

one part of me thinks that the shallowness of this industry is really tearing it apart but hell theyve been like this since the 90's so who knows when it will end. i could easily say that kpop will lose all of its appeal and die out with the hallyu wave in a few years but we all know not everyone will die out because the entire korean idol industry can not die out but i can see a lot of it dying and i feel especially bad for the rookies training right now only to be told to go home because korea wont want them in a few years or told to change their style or go to a different country just because of the death of this boom. i also noticed that there are a lot of people who pretend to be fans of certain groups before their names are even fucking announced, please i already know why youre considering yourself a fan of them its because you want to be a first its because you want to brag about how much you knew about so and so before their debut yea ok i really do not understand how the hell you could stan a group before their debut unless maybe they had someone who isnt considered a fresh face i.e. an idol whose redebuting or someone from one of those idol competition shows, but still i can see people looking forward to a debut such as how people are looking forward to the debut of 17 but how the heck can you stan someone with no music? with no style? with nothing? some people will just start stanning just for the company theyre going to be from, or just because theyre good looking, imo thats dumb as hell.

i should probably stop now ok im done i think i got off track.

u-gay
sunggyuluver
Post Sep 05, 2013 @ 6:59 pm

Everyone is shallow. Don't even try to deny it.

J-Arc
Post Sep 05, 2013 @ 7:02 pm

Most of what KPOP sells itself on is shallowness

If idols didn't have pretty faces and nice bodies to accompany their singing and dancing, do you think KPOP would be as popular as it is now?

kurumi
Post Sep 05, 2013 @ 7:03 pm

sunggyuluver wrote:Everyone is shallow. Don't even try to deny it.

I know that everyone is shallow but it's the degree of shallowness that bothers me with a lot of these fans. but tbh in every music, no not even music every fandom ive been in there has been shallowness, well almost every.

u-gay
Yaayanee
Post Sep 05, 2013 @ 7:03 pm

It's funny how you mention YG stans when SM stans are even worse...

I'm denying it. :P

Kawaiichina
Post Sep 05, 2013 @ 7:04 pm

J-Arc wrote:Most of what KPOP sells itself on is shallowness

If idols didn't have pretty faces and nice bodies to accompany their singing and dancing, do you think KPOP would be as popular as it is now?

THIS

ELF~B2UTY~Everlasting~BBC~Starlight~Inspirit~Wonder Boyz
kurumi
Post Sep 05, 2013 @ 7:04 pm

Yaayanee wrote:It's funny how you mention YG stans when SM stans are even worse...

i mentioned both yg and sm, and i only used yg as an example

u-gay
Yaayanee
Post Sep 05, 2013 @ 7:07 pm

kurumi wrote:
Yaayanee wrote:It's funny how you mention YG stans when SM stans are even worse...

i mentioned both yg and sm, and i only used yg as an example

Ohh...dang, I seriously didn't see that last part of your first paragraph.

Calannie
Post Sep 05, 2013 @ 7:08 pm

the things you point out not only infect Kpop but EVERYTHING. Sex sells. Sure it's shallow. Kpop is targeted towards middle school girls. Who on the planet is more shallow than a middle schooler?

Yaayanee
Post Sep 05, 2013 @ 7:09 pm

timeforcupcakes wrote:

why u gotta try to start fights man

What? It's true though.

Yaayanee
Post Sep 05, 2013 @ 7:11 pm

timeforcupcakes wrote:
Yaayanee wrote:
timeforcupcakes wrote:why u gotta try to start fights man

What? It's true though.

it's not true, both sm stans and yg stans can be really shallow.

I didn't deny that, I just said SM stans are so much worse at it.

kurumi
Post Sep 05, 2013 @ 7:12 pm

timeforcupcakes wrote:
Yaayanee wrote:
timeforcupcakes wrote:why u gotta try to start fights man

What? It's true though.

it's not true, both sm stans and yg stans can be really shallow.

from what ive seen there is more arrogance then shallowness in the yg fanbase compared to pure shallowness with sm artists.

u-gay
ImAShawolForOnew
Post Sep 05, 2013 @ 7:14 pm

Yep...