Back to Top!

Seriously this is something a bit personal...

Relax and talk about anything in general
Jix96
Post Jul 29, 2013 @ 3:47 pm

I want to vent out my thoughts here bc i dont know where else to do it
Ok ive been having a few negative thoughts bc i always have thoughts on how badly people have treated me.
Alot of people that ive known before laughed at me bc of my small height and bc of my bad acne.
Everything has calmed as of now but i still get comments based on my small height.
I feel that my mind is not going well bc of the bad treatment i have gotten bc of the people
I just feel that my confidence is just a bit crappy as of now and do you guys have anything in mind that can probably boost up my confidence
I dont get along with my parents so well neither so i dont think it makes it any better
Do u guys have any advice??
This is probably not the best place to vent out but oh well lol

littlejay
Post Jul 29, 2013 @ 3:49 pm

Jix96 wrote:I want to vent out my thoughts here bc i dont know where else to do it
Ok ive been having a few negative thoughts bc i always have thoughts on how badly people have treated me.
Alot of people that ive known before laughed at me bc of my small height and bc of my bad acne.
Everything has calmed as of now but i still get comments based on my small height.
I feel that my mind is not going well bc of the bad treatment i have gotten bc of the people
I just feel that my confidence is just a bit crappy as of now and do you guys have anything in mind that can probably boost up my confidence
I dont get along with my parents so well neither so i dont think it makes it any better

isolate urself from ppl who talk down on you. If everyone is, it's better to be a loner than to deal with their bs everyday.

Nobody
Post Jul 29, 2013 @ 3:51 pm

Jix96 wrote:I want to vent out my thoughts here bc i dont know where else to do it

The only way to really get over your height complex is to accept it and own it, there isn't much else you can do besides wear heels. As for your acne (I'm not sure if you have problems with that but still) try ordering the etude house face cream and use that, that stuff works really good!

The Senpai that will never notice you~

Himchanlovelove
Post Jul 29, 2013 @ 3:54 pm

Don't listen to other ppl! The are stupid assholes that are trying to make you sad! It is cute being short! And just ignore them! Be tough! Other ppl's opinion doesn't matter! They are all just being a bit retarded..... But yeah.... don't listen to them and try to ignore them! Act like you don't care! Believe me that works! Stay strong! <3

PlasticHara
Post Jul 29, 2013 @ 3:54 pm

Hm.
Find some things about yourself that you love/like
and try smiling at yourself while looking in the mirror

dress up and doll urself up when you're going out even if you're not going to be out long
^^,

@Tragedy
Chrystal
Post Jul 29, 2013 @ 3:57 pm

Not sure if helpfull. But remember that it will get better. I don't mean it will get better when you are older, or it will get better after some other event has happened. Just that nothing is really stagnant, so when at a low point, try to remember it will get better.

And if any of those ppl are someone you can distance yourself from, do it. Don't feel bad about cutting someone out of your life (incl. family imo). You don't owe it to anyone to keep them arround just so they can make you feel bad.

MintyBoy
Post Jul 29, 2013 @ 4:00 pm

Find things that you like about yourself and focus on them, both physically and personality wise.
You also don't need the people that talk down to you. They're not important. And they shouldn't effect what you think about yourself.
Who cares what they think, just be your awesome self. :)

minhoswife
Post Jul 29, 2013 @ 4:03 pm

i kind of feel that same way because i've been teased too
surround yourself with real friends that wont critisize you based on your outer appearance, if they constantly do that, then they're not your real friends.
feel good about yourself cuz remember...ur that tiny little sperm that made it to the egg :D
i don't really know what you can do about height, but wearing heels or insoles,
but for acne, go to your doctor and ask for prescribed medicine, that stuff really works...don't use proactiv and other products, they don't work at all...

InLoveWith2NE1
Post Jul 29, 2013 @ 4:05 pm

Lady Gaga is 5'1" in height, and look where she is today. Height means nothing unless you're going for the tallest man/woman in the world record, haha, plus being small is cute! I'd rather be small than tall. <3
As for the acne thing, I'd just suggest using acne products to help clear it up. It definitely works, my brother uses it a lot! And like @PlasticHara said, doll yourself up every once in a while. Smile when you look in the mirror. Compliment yourself. Little steps like these can really make the difference. ^.^
Also, I agree with others, cut out the negative people in your life who insult you and take digs at you, etc. I've had to do it, even with someone who I thought was a really, really close friend of mine. It's hard and it may take you a little while to get over it but in the long run, you won't have to put up with what they say anymore that brought you down and it'll help you become more confident in yourself. I hope things work out for you. <3

zombeck
Post Jul 29, 2013 @ 4:07 pm

Short people are cute. That's not even an insult.
Just remember, whatever these losers say to you will only affect you the way you let it affect you. It's hard to ignore them, but it'll hurt you so much to keep replaying it in your mind. Are they your friends? If so, then you may want to reconsider calling them "friends".
About the acne, if it's really knocking your confidence, there are ways to treat it. There are creams and washes designed to treat acne, but if you visit your doctor they will usually prescribe you with something.

Craykyungce
Post Jul 29, 2013 @ 4:09 pm

I'm interested in knowing your height :)

I'm a small/short person too and I was teased a lot before and I had a huuge complex at some point in my life (my family situation was terrible (my father had just walked away on us) and I was losing my friends and sight of who I truely was so I was in a pretty bad state at that time) and I overcame it by first, blocking the negative thoughts and the insults. Then, I learned to laugh at myself and when people would tease, I would laugh it off and even do the jokes first and beat them to it.
I quickly tried to get some new friends and create a new environment where I could be comfortable (the people I befriended at this point were the ones I'm still sticking with so I really chose them well)
Eventually, my height was such a big deal anymore and I learned how to control the negativity.
About your acne, I should advise to look for a good product. And find good people and good friends honestly, cause I remember nobody made fun of the people who had severe acne in my circle of friends, so you need to find this kind of people!

I'm still reminded of how small I am and how I look like a 12 yr old, and sometimes it gets me down a little today (especially since I'm trying to find a job...managers asking me if I'm legal to work every time is a bit embarassing) but the thing is I really try not to get it into my head too much.

/¡\ Crayon Pop / VIXX \ BYG/ Nine Muses \ SKarf / Block B \ Beyoncé / EXO \ Tiny G / BTS \!/
Jix96
Post Jul 29, 2013 @ 4:17 pm

Craykyungce wrote:I'm interested in knowing your height :)

I'm a small/short person too and I was teased a lot before and I had a huuge complex at some point in my life (my family situation was terrible (my father had just walked away on us) and I was losing my friends and sight of who I truely was so I was in a pretty bad state at that time) and I overcame it by first, blocking the negative thoughts and the insults. Then, I learned to laugh at myself and when people would tease, I would laugh it off and even do the jokes first and beat them to it.
I quickly tried to get some new friends and create a new environment where I could be comfortable (the people I befriended at this point were the ones I'm still sticking with so I really chose them well)
Eventually, my height was such a big deal anymore and I learned how to control the negativity.
About your acne, I should advise to look for a good product. And find good people and good friends honestly, cause I remember nobody made fun of the people who had severe acne in my circle of friends, so you need to find this kind of people!

I'm still reminded of how small I am and how I look like a 12 yr old, and sometimes it gets me down a little today (especially since I'm trying to find a job...managers asking me if I'm legal to work every time is a bit embarassing) but the thing is I really try not to get it into my head too much.

Lol i know how u feel
I stand at 4.10 feet and im 17 years old
Ive been bullied by classmates and adults only bc of my short height
PLus i had acne but it has clamed down a whole lot
I was teased bc of my acne as well
i already know wat is like to be called a 12 year old and i been told i could fit in a booster seat and other pretty bad bullshit
I know what is like to be in your position. As for my family, i dont get along with them so much neither -_-

Jix96
Post Jul 29, 2013 @ 4:20 pm

InLoveWith2NE1 wrote:Lady Gaga is 5'1" in height, and look where she is today. Height means nothing unless you're going for the tallest man/woman in the world record, haha, plus being small is cute! I'd rather be small than tall. <3
As for the acne thing, I'd just suggest using acne products to help clear it up. It definitely works, my brother uses it a lot! And like @PlasticHara said, doll yourself up every once in a while. Smile when you look in the mirror. Compliment yourself. Little steps like these can really make the difference. ^.^
Also, I agree with others, cut out the negative people in your life who insult you and take digs at you, etc. I've had to do it, even with someone who I thought was a really, really close friend of mine. It's hard and it may take you a little while to get over it but in the long run, you won't have to put up with what they say anymore that brought you down and it'll help you become more confident in yourself. I hope things work out for you. <3

I have cut out many people bc of their negativity
I think i just prefer to be on my own and do my own things
I just stopped being nice to some people and i just keep a guard from people tbh
I stopped getting bs from people bc i think i deserve more respect from people i think i deserve better treatment from people

Craykyungce
Post Jul 29, 2013 @ 4:24 pm

Jix96 wrote:

Lol i know how u feel
i already know wat is like to be called a 12 year old and i been told i could fit in a booster seat and other pretty bad bullshit
I know what is like to be in your position. As for my family, i dont get along with them so much neither -_-

I'm 4'11 and 17 as well! :D
Shorties united!!
Aaaw we went through the same treatment I see -_-
But once you get out of high school (thank God here in Quebec we finish at 16/17!!) it all gets better. The world if full of short people like us :)

/¡\ Crayon Pop / VIXX \ BYG/ Nine Muses \ SKarf / Block B \ Beyoncé / EXO \ Tiny G / BTS \!/
Jix96
Post Jul 29, 2013 @ 4:27 pm

Craykyungce wrote:
Jix96 wrote:

Lol i know how u feel

I'm 4'11 and 17 as well! :D
Shorties united!!
Aaaw we went through the same treatment I see -_-
But once you get out of high school (thank God here in Quebec we finish at 16/17!!) it all gets better. The world if full of short people like us :)

Yeah im already a senior so i think i will survive a least for another year
Ive gotten bad treatment from everybody pretty much and it gets me pissed off at times seriously