Back to Top!

Which photo should I enter in a contest?

Relax and talk about anything in general
Page 1 of 1
rhythmdivine
Post Jun 26, 2013 @ 4:54 am

So, there's this contest and if I win, I get $200.
Problem is, I don't know which one to enter. T.T I can enter 3, but I have 9 that i like...

SHOW SPOILER

fun fact about this pic: rhythm's kicking my dog. xD

I really, really like this photo, but it makes her look super skinny and like I don't take care of it, so idk. >.<

Or maybe I shouldn't enter any and go take new photos? :/ idk...

heeeeeeelp!

chillin' in the freezer when i'm under pressure. i put it on ice, bitch. dr. pepper. DIRTY VIBE

zicoboo
Post Jun 26, 2013 @ 4:58 am

Wooow they're all so beautiful! <3
These 3 stood out the most to me though
SHOW SPOILER

Melons
Post Jun 26, 2013 @ 4:59 am

Alright. I'm going to try and attempt to look at this through fine art photography view. (Basically, I'm revomitting what my teacher has told me)

SHOW SPOILER

Either of them 4. I picked them cause stuff wasn't cut out. My teacher taught me try and not have stuff cropped out, unless the general focus is of a close up.
Also, what type of competition is it? Any context behind it?

~Once a Lavely, Always a Lavely~

rhythmdivine
Post Jun 26, 2013 @ 5:11 am

Melons wrote:Alright. I'm going to try and attempt to look at this through fine art photography view. (Basically, I'm revomitting what my teacher has told me)

SHOW SPOILER

Either of them 4. I picked them cause stuff wasn't cut out. My teacher taught me try and not have stuff cropped out, unless the general focus is of a close up.
Also, what type of competition is it? Any context behind it?

Oh, I guess I should of said that in my original post. >< sorry.

SHOW SPOILER Category III: Ages 15–19
My Perspective.
Our judges are looking for a fresh perspective on a familiar subject.

chillin' in the freezer when i'm under pressure. i put it on ice, bitch. dr. pepper. DIRTY VIBE

Melons
Post Jun 26, 2013 @ 5:17 am

rhythmdivine wrote:Oh, I guess I should of said that in my original post. >< sorry.

My Perspective.

Perspective.
SHOW SPOILER
Cause it shows the landscape and the size of the dog. the sky is a brilliant addition.
SHOW SPOILER
A close up. Not only this is an excellent shot, it's working with the rule of 3rds and that's a big plus. You were extremely luck to get the ears and a small gap between the edge of the pick.
SHOW SPOILER
Middle ground between.

This is just me though and what I would pick. Otherwise, feel free to change it around if you want to or re-shoot.
These are pretty brilliant shots I must say.

rhythmdivine
Post Jun 26, 2013 @ 5:28 am

Melons wrote:
rhythmdivine wrote:Oh, I guess I should of said that in my original post. >< sorry.

My Perspective.

Perspective.
SHOW SPOILER
Cause it shows the landscape and the size of the dog. the sky is a brilliant addition.
SHOW SPOILER
A close up. Not only this is an excellent shot, it's working with the rule of 3rds and that's a big plus. You were extremely luck to get the ears and a small gap between the edge of the pick.
SHOW SPOILER
Middle ground between.

This is just me though and what I would pick. Otherwise, feel free to change it around if you want to or re-shoot.
These are pretty brilliant shots I must say.

Thank you! I think I will enter these shots. :D I would love to get a pic of my mare, but she's extremely moody and doesn't do anything except sleep, eat and pout because she's not in the stall. >.<

Thank you so much for your advice!! I would like to have a career or, at least, make it a hobby when I move out of my parent's house. Those shots were just for fun and I wasn't really trying to get something... But I would like to get better and not just snap a shot, think it's cool and call it a day, ya know?
My mom taught me the basics of shooting, but I haven't really shown an interest in learning more until I got that shot of Kody and the sky. After I got that, I really, really wanted to learn more and get into it.

Thank you so much! <3

Melons
Post Jun 26, 2013 @ 5:36 am

rhythmdivine wrote:
Thank you! I think I will enter these shots. :D I would love to get a pic of my mare, but she's extremely moody and doesn't do anything except sleep, eat and pout because she's not in the stall. >.<

Thank you so much for your advice!! I would like to have a career or, at least, make it a hobby when I move out of my parent's house. Those shots were just for fun and I wasn't really trying to get something... But I would like to get better and not just snap a shot, think it's cool and call it a day, ya know?
My mom taught me the basics of shooting, but I haven't really shown an interest in learning more until I got that shot of Kody and the sky. After I got that, I really, really wanted to learn more and get into it.

Thank you so much! <3

No problems! I'm doing photography for a subject and mainly my work is just experimental. Everyone else has a concept and I just go BOOM here is my work and my class love it.

But I would like to get better and not just snap a shot, think it's cool and call it a day, ya know?
Yep. I think you maybe leading yourself into Fine Art photography ;) Fine Art photography is really fun. Make your own concept and everything. ooo so much fun and if it doesn't go as planned you can make it up as you go along. I've done it. Tried to do something then I completely screwed around and worked with it and got HD for the assignment.

If you need some advice pm me if needed. I'll try my best ^_^*

YukiStar9
Post Jun 26, 2013 @ 5:40 am

zicoboo wrote:Wooow they're all so beautiful! <3
These 3 stood out the most to me though
SHOW SPOILER

EXACTLY! this ^

Heechul's wife~
rhythmdivine
Post Jun 26, 2013 @ 5:45 am

Melons wrote:
rhythmdivine wrote:

Thank you so much! <3

No problems! I'm doing photography for a subject and mainly my work is just experimental. Everyone else has a concept and I just go BOOM here is my work and my class love it.

But I would like to get better and not just snap a shot, think it's cool and call it a day, ya know?
Yep. I think you maybe leading yourself into Fine Art photography ;) Fine Art photography is really fun. Make your own concept and everything. ooo so much fun and if it doesn't go as planned you can make it up as you go along. I've done it. Tried to do something then I completely screwed around and worked with it and got HD for the assignment.

If you need some advice pm me if needed. I'll try my best ^_^*

Oooo, I've never heard of that! that sounds so much fun! I'm gonna have to look into that!

InLoveWith2NE1
Post Jun 26, 2013 @ 5:52 am

Really amazing pictures! So beautiful. <3
Personally, I'd choose these 2 (like others have):
SHOW SPOILER

They're really wow... Nice shots. :)

Page 1 of 1