Back to Top!

Rant Why do I even bother trying with people anymore, honestly.

Relax and talk about anything in general
Page 1 of 1
shinymeanho
Post Jul 05, 2013 @ 5:57 am

So this "friend" tells me that I'm begging for attention and faking the fact that I'm depressed.
And people wonder why I question who my friends are.
For your information "friend", depression does appear for no reason at all. No, I have not experienced a tragic life event that has generated these random feelings, it mainly stems from my lack of self-esteem and the fact that I feel as though everyone around me hates me.
Why did you even bother asking if I was okay when you "knew" from the start that "I was just asking for attention".
Whenever I feel like hurting myself or when I cry my eyes out over the fact that I feel as though the people I care about the most in life are disappointed in me, or when I feel that I no longer have a position in life because I'm literally a failure at whatever I do, is it all because I need attention and for people to start "liking me". Do I do this for people to tell me constantly that they "love me and care about me".
Pfsh. Thanks for at least trying to understand. Sarcasm. :serious:

And I do not need for you to tell me how I should live my life. I needed somebody to listen, but you only made me feel even worse about myself. If something does happen to me tonight, it was obviously "for attention." sarcasm again :frustrated:

Slowly losing my faith in humanity as we speak. Never been more annoyed at a "friend" in my life.

Shawol ✌ FLAMER ✌ Playgirlz 
kurumi
Post Jul 05, 2013 @ 5:59 am

dont lose your faith in humanity, ukiss exists therefore humanity is all good

u-gay
CupcakesForever
Post Jul 05, 2013 @ 6:00 am

I know that feel. T.T You'll get through it. <3

TzufiJun
Post Jul 05, 2013 @ 6:13 am

like you said it's a "friend". not a friend.

A real friend should listen when you're down and try to make you feel better... not even try to solve your problem, just let you know that you can tell him what's bothering you without being judged and sometimes this is what makes it less depressing.

well said, Jonghyun.
Yaayanee
Post Jul 05, 2013 @ 6:15 am

Please don't lose faith! I think your 'friend' is pretty ignorant about depression and even mental illnesses in general - one does not simply 'get over it' or have it disappear just like that. It's as much biological as it is emotional and they are being a pretty shitty friend by underestimating what you're going through. Maybe this isn't the best advice, but I would say that you should spend less time with 'friends' like that, it's better to find friends/people in general that understands what you're going through especially since you're in a pretty vulnerable state.

:( Don't give up!

kdragonkwon
Post Jul 05, 2013 @ 7:06 am

If you tried to explain your feelings (which can be a hard thing to do) and they threw it back in your face like that, they are not really your friend.

I'm so sorry they treated you this way. I know I'm not exactly your first choice, but if you do ever need to talk to someone, you can always PM me.

<3

FreakyDeakyMonster
Post Jul 05, 2013 @ 7:13 am

Always keep the faith,no matter for you are surrounded by bitches. -.-
Don't waste your day thinking of her,AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT. Instead of that,spend it as you would like,do what you love. c:

assviolator
Post Jul 05, 2013 @ 7:16 am

ahh damn, i'm sorry that you have to deal with such an ignorant person
but don't care about them, who needs their opinion, right? as long as you know yourself.
i hope you're able to feel better soon, and making threads like this is a good thing btw - gotta blow off some steam sometimes

ThinCrust
Post Jul 05, 2013 @ 7:18 am

I really pray that you will feel better soon. Real friends don't do things like that. Friends are suppose to help lift you up when you are down.

Page 1 of 1