Back to Top!

Fashion wigs for daily usage!

How you do your hair?
Page 1 of 1
bakataub
Post Mar 19, 2014 @ 12:45 pm

Are there people here who use wigs on daily basis like me? What kind of wis do you use, what are your favourites? How do you care for them? Lets share experiences! (Also pictures, because I know your'e all hella cute)

AND If you have any questions and are interested I am more than willing to answer them!!

I myself have been using wigs for almost a year, I love my own hair but I look kinda androgynous and sometimes I really like to go all the way, wig, fake lashes, high heels all that stuff : )
I have basically 3-5 fashionwigs I use, also about 20 cosplaywigs, which I dont use out of cosplay. My style is to have straight bangs on all of them, I only have one with long bangs. I also find it easier for me to boy a bit shorter wigs (about sholder lenght), because longer wigs are so much more harder to maintain in order, any tricks? Also the short ones make me look really cute, I'm pretty tall, so its nice to actually look cute sometimes :embarassed:

This is my newest wig I've been using alot, it was pretty cheap and the quality goes hand in hand with it, but I still like it!

tami-dada.tumblr.com
UlzzangNicky
Post Mar 19, 2014 @ 12:49 pm

I have never worn nor bought wigs but @SwirleyWehrle is a wig genius and hers always look really pretty!
Swirley advice needed! <3

bakataub
Post Mar 19, 2014 @ 12:52 pm

UlzzangNicky wrote:I have never worn nor bought wigs but @SwirleyWehrle is a wig genius and hers always look really pretty!
Swirley advice needed! <3

Oh, thats great!! I would be really interested to hear about their oppinions and experiences!!!!

tami-dada.tumblr.com
bakataub
Post Mar 19, 2014 @ 12:54 pm

Oh no I hope I didnt make a mistake not posting this is ne Hair & Styling section :'''D My apologies if this is in the wrong place!

tami-dada.tumblr.com
littlejay
Post Mar 19, 2014 @ 2:53 pm

bakataub wrote:Oh no I hope I didnt make a mistake not posting this is ne Hair & Styling section :'''D My apologies if this is in the wrong place!

i just contacted mod to move it. There are some members here who wear wigs like @SwirleyWehrle and @timeforcupcakes and some other ones I forgot.

boa578
Post Mar 19, 2014 @ 2:57 pm

bakataub wrote:Oh no I hope I didnt make a mistake not posting this is ne Hair & Styling section :'''D My apologies if this is in the wrong place!

It's okay I moved it

SwirleyWehrle
Post Mar 19, 2014 @ 4:20 pm

bakataub wrote:Are there people here who use wigs on daily basis like me? What kind of wis do you use, what are your favourites? How do you care for them? Lets share experiences! (Also pictures, because I know your'e all hella cute)

AND If you have any questions and are interested I am more than willing to answer them!!

I myself have been using wigs for almost a year, I love my own hair but I look kinda androgynous and sometimes I really like to go all the way, wig, fake lashes, high heels all that stuff : )
I have basically 3-5 fashionwigs I use, also about 20 cosplaywigs, which I dont use out of cosplay. My style is to have straight bangs on all of them, I only have one with long bangs. I also find it easier for me to boy a bit shorter wigs (about sholder lenght), because longer wigs are so much more harder to maintain in order, any tricks? Also the short ones make me look really cute, I'm pretty tall, so its nice to actually look cute sometimes :embarassed:

This is my newest wig I've been using alot, it was pretty cheap and the quality goes hand in hand with it, but I still like it!

Hello! I am going to talk about ways to maintain each wig, the life span of each wig, and how to store each wig. Also providing pics.

SHOW SPOILER I used to buy my wigs from gothiclolitawigs, but I only have purchased the rhapsody series. I've bought the colors: Rose, Auburn, blonde, lavender, and mint.

Rose, lavender, and auburn were the ones that seem to last the longest. They each lasted up to a month upon wearing them every day
Wearing blonde and mint, they lasted up to two weeks to a month upon every day use.

Rhapsody lavender

Rhapsody rose:

Rhapsody blonde:

Rhapsody auburn:

This is the length of rhapsody:

Rhapsody mint looks justlike the pictures, except it's a bit pale. So it looks almostwhite. i don't have a picture, sorry. The rhapsody lavender, mint and blonde look pretty shiny when you get them so you want to baby powder them well and brush them out. Again these get damaged very fast so don't expect them to last very long. I have no idea how to maintain these wigs because they are so crazy and full.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Lockshop wigs mermaid collection in silver and blonde.

I do not have a close up picture of the blonde, but it looks like the silver... just blonde, and it fades to lighter blonde towards the last 4 inches

This is the length of them:

I have had both of these wigs for almost a year. I soak them in HOT water in my sink for at least 24 hours at a time, with baby lotion mixed in, every two weeks. You're going to want to replace the hot water when it gets to room temperature. Just take the wig out of the sink and hold it over the sink while you are draining out the old water to fill it with new hot water. Put more baby lotion in and mix it so that the water is cloudy. When its been at least 24 hours (do this at a maximum of 5 days), wash the remaining baby lotion off of the wig with room temp. water. allow the wig to air dry on a towel on the floor. When the wig is damp, brush it with a wide tooth comb. let it become completely dry and then you can wear it. I have never done anything else to maintain this wig. They've each lasted me almost one year.

-------------------------------

Wigglamour (ebay)

"Long Wavy 26" Dark Brown lace front Wig"

It is about this long after chopping a few inches off of it. This is how it also looks when I did the straightening treatment:

This wig is super nice and pretty. I wore it every day for about two and a half weeks before it started to dry out a bit. I maintained this wig so far by spraying it with water so it was damp and then straightening it a few times, until the heat dried it. Don't go passed 300 degrees F. This WILL straighten your wig (so if you plan on keeping it wavy, sorry ) but will keep your wig nice and soft. After a while of course it will be dried out beyond repair and you'll need to replace it eventually. Do not pull on this wig too hard. you will rip the lace. If you are nervous about cutting the lace, go to a hair dresser and have them do it/ ask for tips.

The water/straightener meathod will need to be done every other day to keep the wig looking and feeling nice. You'd be surprised the HUGE difference. My wig started to look all wirey and dry and it fixed it.
-----------------------------------

Keep in mind these are my personal experiences and ways they work for me. Also, when the wigs dry out, they normally don't look dry, they just feel dry and you will need to carry a brush around with you in your bag so you can keep brushing it. The only ones that really look dry are the rhapsody collections. Keep in mind I am also 5'5. So, if you're a different height as me, these wigs may look longer or shorter on you. Also these pictures are all me, so the lighting varies

Storage: I braid my wigs every night, fold them so they are compact, and keep them in a zip lock bag until I'm ready to wear them.

I also recommend to wear a hat or thick hairband or something because they look like wigs without it. AND PLEASE PLEASE STYLE THE BANGS. Don't just leave them how the come in the package! They LOOK really fake. The only one I had to do nothing to was the lace front wig from ebay

bakataub
Post Mar 20, 2014 @ 1:47 am

SwirleyWehrle wrote:
Hello! I am going to talk about ways to maintain each wig, the life span of each wig, and how to store each wig. Also providing pics.

SHOW SPOILER I used to buy my wigs from gothiclolitawigs, but I only have purchased the rhapsody series. I've bought the colors: Rose, Auburn, blonde, lavender, and mint.

Rose, lavender, and auburn were the ones that seem to last the longest. They each lasted up to a month upon wearing them every day
Wearing blonde and mint, they lasted up to two weeks to a month upon every day use.

Rhapsody lavender

Rhapsody rose:

Rhapsody blonde:

Rhapsody auburn:

Rhapsody mint looks justlike the pictures, except it's a bit pale. So it looks almostwhite. i don't have a picture, sorry. The rhapsody lavender, mint and blonde look pretty shiny when you get them so you want to baby powder them well and brush them out. Again these get damaged very fast so don't expect them to last very long. I have no idea how to maintain these wigs because they are so crazy and full.

I do not have a close up picture of the blonde, but it looks like the silver... just blonde, and it fades to lighter blonde towards the last 4 inches

I have had both of these wigs for almost a year. I soak them in HOT water in my sink for at least 24 hours at a time, with baby lotion mixed in, every two weeks. You're going to want to replace the hot water when it gets to room temperature. Just take the wig out of the sink and hold it over the sink while you are draining out the old water to fill it with new hot water. Put more baby lotion in and mix it so that the water is cloudy. When its been at least 24 hours (do this at a maximum of 5 days), wash the remaining baby lotion off of the wig with room temp. water. allow the wig to air dry on a towel on the floor. When the wig is damp, brush it with a wide tooth comb. let it become completely dry and then you can wear it. I have never done anything else to maintain this wig. They've each lasted me almost one year.

Wigglamour (ebay)

It is about this long after chopping a few inches off of it. This is how it also looks when I did the straightening treatment:

This wig is super nice and pretty. I wore it every day for about two and a half weeks before it started to dry out a bit. I maintained this wig so far by spraying it with water so it was damp and then straightening it a few times, until the heat dried it. Don't go passed 300 degrees F. This WILL straighten your wig (so if you plan on keeping it wavy, sorry ) but will keep your wig nice and soft. After a while of course it will be dried out beyond repair and you'll need to replace it eventually. Do not pull on this wig too hard. you will rip the lace. If you are nervous about cutting the lace, go to a hair dresser and have them do it/ ask for tips.

The water/straightener meathod will need to be done every other day to keep the wig looking and feeling nice. You'd be surprised the HUGE difference. My wig started to look all wirey and dry and it fixed it.

Keep in mind these are my personal experiences and ways they work for me. Also, when the wigs dry out, they normally don't look dry, they just feel dry and you will need to carry a brush around with you in your bag so you can keep brushing it. The only ones that really look dry are the rhapsody collections. Keep in mind I am also 5'5. So, if you're a different height as me, these wigs may look longer or shorter on you. Also these pictures are all me, so the lighting varies

Storage: I braid my wigs every night, fold them so they are compact, and keep them in a zip lock bag until I'm ready to wear them.

I also recommend to wear a hat or thick hairband or something because they look like wigs without it. AND PLEASE PLEASE STYLE THE BANGS. Don't just leave them how the come in the package! They LOOK really fake. The only one I had to do nothing to was the lace front wig from ebay

SUCH GOOD POINTS, thats like very good information especially for first time buyers : DD

About the Rhapsodys, in what kind of price they go, I have been thinking on buying atleast one, but the ones I've found have been extremely pricey? And do they really die quickly?

tami-dada.tumblr.com
supahchams
Post Mar 20, 2014 @ 3:29 am

I've bought some for Cosplay <3 Never used it as a daily basis cause wigs irritates me easily. But I like wearing them cause it looks fantastic <3

Krystal ❤ Key ❤ Sehun ❤ Hayoung ❤ Lee Jonghyun ❤ Yugyeom ❤ Jaehyo
mivy
Post Mar 20, 2014 @ 3:32 am

I've only bought wigs for cosplaying at anime conventions.
I love my own hair and trying out new haircuts, hairstyles and colours.

SwirleyWehrle
Post Mar 20, 2014 @ 10:30 am

bakataub wrote:
SwirleyWehrle wrote:

Rhapsody lavender

Rhapsody rose:

Rhapsody blonde:

Rhapsody auburn:

Wigglamour (ebay)

SUCH GOOD POINTS, thats like very good information especially for first time buyers : DD

About the Rhapsodys, in what kind of price they go, I have been thinking on buying atleast one, but the ones I've found have been extremely pricey? And do they really die quickly?

Yeah they do ware out pretty fast /:

MichaelJonson
Post Nov 24, 2016 @ 10:51 pm

Hi there. My sister wears hair wigs on a regular basis. She ordered a pair of hair wigs from online ehair wig store. It is a best online wig store. I find her pretty when she wears the synthetic lace wigs. You can check this out to find online cheap hair wigs. I am also thinking of wearing wigs.

Page 1 of 1