Back to Top!

블락비 (Block B) - Jackpot (Teaser)

Discuss the latest Korean pop music, MVs and performances
Gyoshido
Post Apr 08, 2014 @ 8:41 pm

Nice GDragon rip off, Zico. Keep ripping him with your unoriginal garbage. Pure Crayon Thematic rip off. Untalented artists always feel the need to copy others.

And don't come at me with "Oh it's not rip off its inspired." BAP's-Angel was inspired by GDragon/Big Bang. This is copied.

High Skool ~ VIP ~ St☆rlight ~ Blackjack ~ Kamilia ~ Shawol ~ Aff(x)tionate ~ Dai5y ~ S♥ne ~ Aileean
♥ Han Seungyeon ♥
My last.fm
boa578
Post Apr 08, 2014 @ 9:10 pm

Well that was unpleasant.

Gyoshido
Post Apr 08, 2014 @ 9:16 pm

boa578 wrote:Well that was unpleasant.

Some people actually like it. Granted it's the same people who liked Very Good....

High Skool ~ VIP ~ St☆rlight ~ Blackjack ~ Kamilia ~ Shawol ~ Aff(x)tionate ~ Dai5y ~ S♥ne ~ Aileean
♥ Han Seungyeon ♥
My last.fm
sunggyuluver
Post Apr 08, 2014 @ 9:20 pm

Where exactly is he ripping off GD?

Gyoshido
Post Apr 08, 2014 @ 9:23 pm

sunggyuluver wrote:Where exactly is he ripping off GD?

Do you not see the style -_- He did it during Very Good as well. RIGHT after GD comes out with Crayon and Michi Go, he leads into this hyper exaggerated emotional bright color style. His expressions are exactly the same, and the theme is the same as GD's MV's have been recently. You really didn't see where Very Good was a copy of Crayon/Michi Go? REALLY???

♥ Han Seungyeon ♥
My last.fm
UlzzangNicky
Post Apr 08, 2014 @ 9:27 pm

Gyoshido wrote:

Do you not see the style -_- He did it during Very Good as well. RIGHT after GD comes out with Crayon and Michi Go, he leads into this hyper exaggerated emotional bright color style. His expressions are exactly the same, and the theme is the same as GD's MV's have been recently. You really didn't see where Very Good was a copy of Crayon/Michi Go? REALLY???

I didn't really see it in Very Good, but the styling for this teaser is very similar to some GD's recent looks. I guess I didn't notice in Very Good seeing how the video scared the crap out of me.
I think it's cool that he looks up to GD though. Lots of guys in SK are sampling GD's looks, so why can't Zico? I think it's fine tbh.

Gyoshido
Post Apr 08, 2014 @ 9:32 pm

UlzzangNicky wrote:
Gyoshido wrote:

I didn't really see it in Very Good, but the styling for this teaser is very similar to some GD's recent looks. I guess I didn't notice in Very Good seeing how the video scared the crap out of me.
I think it's cool that he looks up to GD though. Lots of guys in SK are sampling GD's looks, so why can't Zico? I think it's fine tbh.

Very Good wasn't thematic LOOK, but song feel. Song's crazy vibe was the same as Crayon's vibe. Thematically though it had a different concept...sorta. It was still about "going crazy" just like Crayon and Michi Go. But this visually is similar.

Also the problem isn't taking influence. Bang Yong Guk takes influence, and created arguably the best song this year, Angel. Things a goddamn masterpiece (as is the whole album). But BYG uses guitar rifts and amped-emotion style songs, which has been Big Bangs "style" since the very start (look at Haru Haru, Love Song, Blue, etc). That guitar mix is something that is pretty unique to GD, and it's actually what MAKES BIG BANG GOOD. People just don't realize it. BYG did. This? Zico is a wannabe. And he isn't even copying GD's good work. He is copying GD's universally considered worst title songs. Crayon and Michi Go. Neither are awful, but they aren't the worst. Even from Zico's PERSONA it's a hard GD rip off. It wasn't in Nilili Mambo. That's why Nilili Mambo was AWESOME.

♥ Han Seungyeon ♥
My last.fm
alex
Post Apr 08, 2014 @ 9:45 pm

I'll wait for the full song to judge...I wasn't waiting for this but i guess it's ok?

cr on gif
Jac
Post Apr 08, 2014 @ 9:47 pm

Well I love it and am excited.

Being crazy is the new theme in Kpop.
Block B never cared about their visuals and have always been wild in videos.
Others do it too.

Kpop is not a huge genre, people do what sells.
Block B has been consistent with their style.
BBCs are happy about it.

♥ V.I.P.♥ St☆rlight ♥ Shawol ♥ Exotic ♥ Baby ♥ BBC ♥ A+ ♥ A.R.M.Y ♥ DEEPS ♥ Storia ♥ B2uty ♥

UlzzangNicky
Post Apr 08, 2014 @ 10:02 pm

Gyoshido wrote:
UlzzangNicky wrote:
Gyoshido wrote:Do you not see the style -_- He did it during Very Good as well. RIGHT after GD comes out with Crayon and Michi Go, he leads into this hyper exaggerated emotional bright color style. His expressions are exactly the same, and the theme is the same as GD's MV's have been recently. You really didn't see where Very Good was a copy of Crayon/Michi Go? REALLY???

Very Good wasn't thematic LOOK, but song feel. Song's crazy vibe was the same as Crayon's vibe. Thematically though it had a different concept...sorta. It was still about "going crazy" just like Crayon and Michi Go. But this visually is similar.

Also the problem isn't taking influence. Bang Yong Guk takes influence, and created arguably the best song this year, Angel. Things a goddamn masterpiece (as is the whole album). But BYG uses guitar rifts and amped-emotion style songs, which has been Big Bangs "style" since the very start (look at Haru Haru, Love Song, Blue, etc). That guitar mix is something that is pretty unique to GD, and it's actually what MAKES BIG BANG GOOD. People just don't realize it. BYG did. This? Zico is a wannabe. And he isn't even copying GD's good work. He is copying GD's universally considered worst title songs. Crayon and Michi Go. Neither are awful, but they aren't the worst. Even from Zico's PERSONA it's a hard GD rip off. It wasn't in Nilili Mambo. That's why Nilili Mambo was AWESOME.

Oh that's what you meant. Yeah I can see how the song was similar to the Crayon/Michigo theme and sound, but Nilili Mambo had that same vibe of being crazy, humorous and wild. No offense to GD and he is my bias and everything, but Michigo was horrible imo. Crayon wasn't as bad and was a good dance song, but it was a low point for him.
I think with BYG he just sampled the music style. It doesn't seem like he intended to "copy" GD outside of being inspired by his production style.
I think Zico really and I mean really sees GD as someone he idolizes, because of GD's success and I guess he wanted to be like him in a way. I think Zico has his own style as well, but he is very influenced by trends and GD is just one of them.
I'm blaming GD for this though lol. He shouldn't put songs out like this
SHOW SPOILER
telling people they can be just like him. Some people take those kinds of things seriously. I honestly don't think GD has a problem with people in general getting influenced by his style though. He's probably just laughing and rolling in money.

Gyoshido
Post Apr 08, 2014 @ 10:04 pm

Jac wrote:Well I love it and am excited.

Being crazy is the new theme in Kpop.
Block B never cared about their visuals and have always been wild in videos.
Others do it too.

Kpop is not a huge genre, people do what sells.
Block B has been consistent with their style.
BBCs are happy about it.

"Block B have always been wild in videos and never cared about visuals"
"consistent with their style"

"kpops not a big genre"

♥ Han Seungyeon ♥
My last.fm
Gyoshido
Post Apr 08, 2014 @ 10:08 pm

UlzzangNicky wrote:
Gyoshido wrote:
UlzzangNicky wrote:I didn't really see it in Very Good, but the styling for this teaser is very similar to some GD's recent looks. I guess I didn't notice in Very Good seeing how the video scared the crap out of me.

Oh that's what you meant. Yeah I can see how the song was similar to the Crayon/Michigo theme and sound, but Nilili Mambo had that same vibe of being crazy, humorous and wild. No offense to GD and he is my bias and everything, but Michigo was horrible imo. Crayon wasn't as bad and was a good dance song, but it was a low point for him.
I think with BYG he just sampled the music style. It doesn't seem like he intended to "copy" GD outside of being inspired by his production style.
I think Zico really and I mean really sees GD as someone he idolizes, because of GD's success and I guess he wanted to be like him in a way. I think Zico has his own style as well, but he is very influenced by trends and GD is just one of them.
SHOW SPOILER
telling people they can be just like him. Some people take those kinds of things seriously. I honestly don't think GD has a problem with people in general getting influenced by his style though. He's probably just laughing and rolling in money.

See I think Zico pushes it. BYG was INSPIRED by GD's musical skype, but he DID NOT copy! Know what I mean? Very distinct styles there, with influence from GD. Zico outright copied in the last song, especially so soon after. I don't think Nilili Mambo was crazy at all. It was very grand, had a very overarching plot to it, wasn't about love *cough big bang is all love* and rapping was incredibly different from anything GD and Top do.

I think Zico idolizes him, but he needs to stick with Nilili Mambo and Nalina, not move into GD's solo territory.

♥ Han Seungyeon ♥
My last.fm
UlzzangNicky
Post Apr 08, 2014 @ 10:22 pm

Gyoshido wrote:
UlzzangNicky wrote:
Gyoshido wrote:Very Good wasn't thematic LOOK, but song feel. Song's crazy vibe was the same as Crayon's vibe. Thematically though it had a different concept...sorta. It was still about "going crazy" just like Crayon and Michi Go. But this visually is similar.

SHOW SPOILER

See I think Zico pushes it. BYG was INSPIRED by GD's musical skype, but he DID NOT copy! Know what I mean? Very distinct styles there, with influence from GD. Zico outright copied in the last song, especially so soon after. I don't think Nilili Mambo was crazy at all. It was very grand, had a very overarching plot to it, wasn't about love *cough big bang is all love* and rapping was incredibly different from anything GD and Top do.

I think Zico idolizes him, but he needs to stick with Nilili Mambo and Nalina, not move into GD's solo territory.

Yeah I see what you mean.
And wow it really is coming soon after GD's promotions. There was a bit of OOAK outfit wise in one of the scenes, I'm not sure if it was intentionally, but very similar.
I saw Nilili Mambo as a little crazy. It did have an actually plot, but I found a lot of the scenes to be crazy and comical. It was quite different with the meaning, as you said it wasn't about love like a huge majority of Big Bang's songs are *cough my bias is slut bag that likes to write hit songs about exes cough*. Idk maybe I just found some of the scenes to be crazy with the over dramatic expressions and random chicken.
I don't think Zico's overall rapping tone is GD based because it sounds the same as it was when he did underground stuff.
Even with the visuals and possibly the theme matching BigBang or GD I think it will be enjoyable. I'll watch the video if there aren't any freaky ass clown masks this time.
Now stop sending me long replies I have to go to sleep lol!

gdtdts
Post Apr 08, 2014 @ 11:31 pm

Even if he is inspired by GD's work, I don't really see anything wrong with that. And for that matter, stuff like bright colours and the overdramatic videos can be found in more places than just GD's work

Letsjijiparty
Post Apr 09, 2014 @ 2:11 am

yeah, because the world revolves around GD oppar

yeah, because GD oppar created this style

yeah, because GD oppar is the god of kpop

yeah, because only GD oppar can pull of this style

yeah, because GD oppar is the only talented man in kpop

y'all make me laugh