Back to Top!

Did Hoya say nigga?

Discuss the latest Korean pop music, MVs and performances
ONIT
Post Nov 05, 2013 @ 8:48 pm

sunggyuluver wrote:
ONIT wrote:Clearly not 'leggo' but the N bomb. Listened to it more than once. I'm absolutely sure. Since he's not African-American he shouldn't use the word. I hope he will not use it during INFINITE's US concerts. It could lead to a uncomfortable racism scandal. Better be careful!


jsa wrote:the "ㄹ" sound in Korean is an L/R but it's also somehwat similar to a "d" sound, much like how the "ㄴ" is technically an "n" sound, but it can also osund close to a "d"... so someone with a Korean accent could make that mistake + fan screams and perhaps a bad angle muffling the sound.

also it sounds like Hoya used the generic vowel sound "ə" like at the end of nigga instead of sayng "O"



If you look up other live performances up close to infinite h, It's clear he said Leggo.


As usual my honest opinion: BS! It's not 'leggo'! I studied linguistics, was trained in listening comprehension, and it's NOT 'leggo'!


AFTER SNSD, KPOP FANS UNITE AGAIN FOR MTV EMA, VOTE FOR EXO: tv.mtvema.com/vote#cat=worldwide-act

"I don't tolerate fools, and they don't tolerate me." Dame Maggie Smith
sunggyuluver
Post Nov 05, 2013 @ 8:48 pm

ONIT wrote:As usual my honest opinion: BS! It's not 'leggo'! I studied linguistics, was trained in listening comprehension, and it NOT 'leggo'!

ok


Hongbin_Swaggy
Post Nov 05, 2013 @ 8:50 pm

pinkllover98 wrote:
Hongbin_Swaggy wrote:
pinkllover98 wrote:the fuck , im not giving them power they were given power a long time ago. By using them recreationally , you don't take the power away from them , you just prove your ignorance, don't tell me to chill out to justify you being a ignorant person, who just wants to fit in. If anything, you are stiffling progress by treating everything that black people had to do to get where we are now, which still isn't equal because of people like you, as a giant joke . This kind of behavior is exactly what enables oppressors, to continue because they see, black people don't care if i call them a term that holds centuries of pain in it, they won't care if i do blackface, they won't care if im an asshole, its funny now , its okay they don't care, and slowly you're back were you started, we are a joke, i don't plan on being a fucking joke, so stop.

So because I dont choose to live in the past and get uber butthurt over a century old world, im ignorant?? K den. Get mad about it if you want. Live in the past if you want

ok since we are all for progress, how about i start calling all asins japs and gooks, and orientals, and chinks, and ching chongs, thats cool right becuase progress, and all american indian should be called savages , and red skins, progress am i right, how about all Russians be commies and prostitutes,all irish drunks,hispanics ese and wetback ,and illegal aliens. let me just start doing that because those words are in the past, and its cool now. Im not butthurt, im just not stupid, this cultural appropriation of black people needs to stop.

Noones going out there yelling, "Hey Niggers, go get me kool aid!" The context of the word has changed and if the blacks want to use it and they're okay with whites using it, Im not gonna step into that and say NO! Thats wrong cause years ago that was an oppressing word. We're talking about consenting parties here. Dont like the word? Then dont use it


pinkllover98
Post Nov 05, 2013 @ 8:58 pm

Hongbin_Swaggy wrote:
pinkllover98 wrote:
Hongbin_Swaggy wrote:So because I dont choose to live in the past and get uber butthurt over a century old world, im ignorant?? K den. Get mad about it if you want. Live in the past if you want

ok since we are all for progress, how about i start calling all asins japs and gooks, and orientals, and chinks, and ching chongs, thats cool right becuase progress, and all american indian should be called savages , and red skins, progress am i right, how about all Russians be commies and prostitutes,all irish drunks,hispanics ese and wetback ,and illegal aliens. let me just start doing that because those words are in the past, and its cool now. Im not butthurt, im just not stupid, this cultural appropriation of black people needs to stop.

Noones going out there yelling, "Hey Niggers, go get me kool aid!" The context of the word has changed and if the blacks want to use it and they're okay with whites using it, Im not gonna step into that and say NO! Thats wrong cause years ago that was an oppressing word. We're talking about consenting parties here. Dont like the word? Then dont use it

i love how you avoided the whole new post cause you realize how stupid that is to use racial slurs as fun words, consenting parties, how about no, people got mad a paula deen because the word still has a negative connotation, and there is no fucking consent, it is wrong, period. anyway are you white i feel like your privilege is blinding you, you may not be white but you prob don't live the south where white people still yell that word as a racist slur to belittle people, and fortunately have never been in that place. please continue to be ignorant and live life, just dont expect there wont be consequences



[img][img]http://31.media.tumblr.com/c4512a50992d4185d60dcd71e605bb97/tumblr_msu9tpaWnV1qek9svo1_500.gif[/img][/img]
Hongbin_Swaggy
Post Nov 05, 2013 @ 9:01 pm

pinkllover98 wrote:
Hongbin_Swaggy wrote:
pinkllover98 wrote: ok since we are all for progress, how about i start calling all asins japs and gooks, and orientals, and chinks, and ching chongs, thats cool right becuase progress, and all american indian should be called savages , and red skins, progress am i right, how about all Russians be commies and prostitutes,all irish drunks,hispanics ese and wetback ,and illegal aliens. let me just start doing that because those words are in the past, and its cool now. Im not butthurt, im just not stupid, this cultural appropriation of black people needs to stop.

Noones going out there yelling, "Hey Niggers, go get me kool aid!" The context of the word has changed and if the blacks want to use it and they're okay with whites using it, Im not gonna step into that and say NO! Thats wrong cause years ago that was an oppressing word. We're talking about consenting parties here. Dont like the word? Then dont use it

i love how you avoided the whole new post cause you realize how stupid that is to use racial slurs as fun words, consenting parties, how about no, people got mad a paula deen because the word still has a negative connotation, and there is no fucking consent, it is wrong, period. anyway are you white i feel like your privilege is blinding you, you may not be white but you prob don't live the south where white people still yell that word as a racist slur to belittle people, and fortunately have never been in that place. please continue to be ignorant and live life, just dont expect there wont be consequences

Why so condescending though? We're having a discussion and you insist on coming at me on a personal level. Chill with that. A differing opinion doesnt mean im any less educated than you. Im not calling you any names or commenting on your knowledge


jsa
Post Nov 05, 2013 @ 9:02 pm

~ The Power Of Suggestion ~


MBLAQ | BTOB | VIXX | BEAST | INFINITE | NINE MUSES  |BLOCK B | MAD TOWN | MYNAME ❭❭ 블랙코미디월드 ❬❬
last.fm

.
Calannie
Post Nov 05, 2013 @ 9:10 pm

This complaint happens alot in Kpop because a phrase in Korean sounds almost exactly like "nigga".
It is Nega.


내게 ne-ge: (to) me
내가 ne-ga: I (am, will), me
네가 ni-ga: you (are, will)


pinkllover98
Post Nov 05, 2013 @ 9:12 pm

Hongbin_Swaggy wrote:
pinkllover98 wrote:
Hongbin_Swaggy wrote:Noones going out there yelling, "Hey Niggers, go get me kool aid!" The context of the word has changed and if the blacks want to use it and they're okay with whites using it, Im not gonna step into that and say NO! Thats wrong cause years ago that was an oppressing word. We're talking about consenting parties here. Dont like the word? Then dont use it

i love how you avoided the whole new post cause you realize how stupid that is to use racial slurs as fun words, consenting parties, how about no, people got mad a paula deen because the word still has a negative connotation, and there is no fucking consent, it is wrong, period. anyway are you white i feel like your privilege is blinding you, you may not be white but you prob don't live the south where white people still yell that word as a racist slur to belittle people, and fortunately have never been in that place. please continue to be ignorant and live life, just dont expect there wont be consequences

Why so condescending though? We're having a discussion and you insist on coming at me on a personal level. Chill with that. A differing opinion doesn't mean im any less educated than you. Im not calling you any names or commenting on your knowledge

i see you've given up, might as well have not replied, boo fucking who, you feel bad. One in this case it does, you presented you had no knowledge of African american studies , right ? So i responded accordingly by educating you, I haven't called you names i called you ignorant and because of your lack of knowledge you are. You do not posses the ability to comment on my knowledge because i have displayed a superiority, in knowledge of this topic and shut you down from all fronts, that is how you win an argument, my friend. Im actually going easy on you i could be pulling up civil rights court cases, notes from speakers, documentaries that all back and support my point of view. No one is coming at you at a personal level this is how i treat everything and everybody, very seriously, and will forget you exist about 5 seconds after this whole thing is over.
P.S. I fixed a typo you made in you last comment, might as well have the last thing you say be coherent. oh and btw i love the use of the word blacks in your second to last statement, i just love when people use that word its so funny, blacks,like why would anyone say that.



[img][img]http://31.media.tumblr.com/c4512a50992d4185d60dcd71e605bb97/tumblr_msu9tpaWnV1qek9svo1_500.gif[/img][/img]
Hongbin_Swaggy
Post Nov 05, 2013 @ 9:14 pm

pinkllover98 wrote:
Hongbin_Swaggy wrote:
pinkllover98 wrote:i love how you avoided the whole new post cause you realize how stupid that is to use racial slurs as fun words, consenting parties, how about no, people got mad a paula deen because the word still has a negative connotation, and there is no fucking consent, it is wrong, period. anyway are you white i feel like your privilege is blinding you, you may not be white but you prob don't live the south where white people still yell that word as a racist slur to belittle people, and fortunately have never been in that place. please continue to be ignorant and live life, just dont expect there wont be consequences

Why so condescending though? We're having a discussion and you insist on coming at me on a personal level. Chill with that. A differing opinion doesn't mean im any less educated than you. Im not calling you any names or commenting on your knowledge

i see you've given up, might as well have not replied, boo fucking who, you feel bad. One in this case it does, you presented you had no knowledge of African american studies , right ? So i responded accordingly by educating you, I haven't called you names i called you ignorant and because of your lack of knowledge you are. You do not posses the ability to comment on my knowledge because i have displayed a superiority, in knowledge of this topic and shut you down from all fronts, that is how you win an argument, my friend. Im actually going easy on you i could be pulling up civil rights court cases, notes from speakers, documentaries that all back and support my point of view. No one is coming at you at a personal level this is how i treat everything and everybody, very seriously, and will forget you exist about 5 seconds after this whole thing is over.
P.S. I fixed a typo you made in you last comment, might as well have the last thing you say be coherent.

Not a nice way to make friends....


pinkllover98
Post Nov 05, 2013 @ 9:16 pm

Hongbin_Swaggy wrote:
pinkllover98 wrote:
Hongbin_Swaggy wrote:Why so condescending though? We're having a discussion and you insist on coming at me on a personal level. Chill with that. A differing opinion doesn't mean im any less educated than you. Im not calling you any names or commenting on your knowledge

i see you've given up, might as well have not replied, boo fucking who, you feel bad. One in this case it does, you presented you had no knowledge of African american studies , right ? So i responded accordingly by educating you, I haven't called you names i called you ignorant and because of your lack of knowledge you are. You do not posses the ability to comment on my knowledge because i have displayed a superiority, in knowledge of this topic and shut you down from all fronts, that is how you win an argument, my friend. Im actually going easy on you i could be pulling up civil rights court cases, notes from speakers, documentaries that all back and support my point of view. No one is coming at you at a personal level this is how i treat everything and everybody, very seriously, and will forget you exist about 5 seconds after this whole thing is over.
P.S. I fixed a typo you made in you last comment, might as well have the last thing you say be coherent.

Not a nice way to make friends....

good thing im not concerned about making friends on the internet, i make friends in real life for specific needs i have, what would any one here have to offer.



[img][img]http://31.media.tumblr.com/c4512a50992d4185d60dcd71e605bb97/tumblr_msu9tpaWnV1qek9svo1_500.gif[/img][/img]
Hongbin_Swaggy
Post Nov 05, 2013 @ 9:18 pm

pinkllover98 wrote:
Hongbin_Swaggy wrote:
pinkllover98 wrote:i see you've given up, might as well have not replied, boo fucking who, you feel bad. One in this case it does, you presented you had no knowledge of African american studies , right ? So i responded accordingly by educating you, I haven't called you names i called you ignorant and because of your lack of knowledge you are. You do not posses the ability to comment on my knowledge because i have displayed a superiority, in knowledge of this topic and shut you down from all fronts, that is how you win an argument, my friend. Im actually going easy on you i could be pulling up civil rights court cases, notes from speakers, documentaries that all back and support my point of view. No one is coming at you at a personal level this is how i treat everything and everybody, very seriously, and will forget you exist about 5 seconds after this whole thing is over.
P.S. I fixed a typo you made in you last comment, might as well have the last thing you say be coherent.

Not a nice way to make friends....

good thing im not concerned about making friends on the internet, i make friends in real life for specific needs i have, what would any one here have to offer.

Alrighty then. XD Have a nice night I guess then


pinkllover98
Post Nov 05, 2013 @ 9:23 pm

Hongbin_Swaggy wrote:
pinkllover98 wrote:
Hongbin_Swaggy wrote:Not a nice way to make friends....

good thing im not concerned about making friends on the internet, i make friends in real life for specific needs i have, what would any one here have to offer.

Alrighty then. XD Have a nice night I guess then

you too, for the best nights sleep i suggest that you drink a glass of water before you sleep and wash your face. but don't drink the whole glass if you are prone to dark circles , as the water may sit atop your under eyes and cause puffiness.



[img][img]http://31.media.tumblr.com/c4512a50992d4185d60dcd71e605bb97/tumblr_msu9tpaWnV1qek9svo1_500.gif[/img][/img]
boa578
Post Nov 05, 2013 @ 9:23 pm

pinkllover98 wrote:
Hongbin_Swaggy wrote:
pinkllover98 wrote:good thing im not concerned about making friends on the internet, i make friends in real life for specific needs i have, what would any one here have to offer.

Alrighty then. XD Have a nice night I guess then

you too, for the best nights sleep i suggest that you drink a glass of water before you sleep and wash your face. but don't drink the whole glass if you are prone to dark circles , as the water may sit atop your under eyes and cause puffiness.

Wait is this legit?



pinkllover98
Post Nov 05, 2013 @ 9:25 pm

boa578 wrote:
pinkllover98 wrote:
Hongbin_Swaggy wrote:Alrighty then. XD Have a nice night I guess then

you too, for the best nights sleep i suggest that you drink a glass of water before you sleep and wash your face. but don't drink the whole glass if you are prone to dark circles , as the water may sit atop your under eyes and cause puffiness.

Wait is this legit?

yes



[img][img]http://31.media.tumblr.com/c4512a50992d4185d60dcd71e605bb97/tumblr_msu9tpaWnV1qek9svo1_500.gif[/img][/img]
boa578
Post Nov 05, 2013 @ 9:28 pm

pinkllover98 wrote:
boa578 wrote:
pinkllover98 wrote:you too, for the best nights sleep i suggest that you drink a glass of water before you sleep and wash your face. but don't drink the whole glass if you are prone to dark circles , as the water may sit atop your under eyes and cause puffiness.

Wait is this legit?

yes

God dammit.