Back to Top!

K-HIP HOP THREAD

Discuss the latest Korean pop music, MVs and performances
Eriochrome
Post May 21, 2013 @ 3:00 am

I have no idea how long we'll all be on here or how long this particular thread will even survive but yolo

K-HIP HOP
Korean hip-hop from the underground to the mainstream
Feel free to post recent releases, old-school favorites, tracks you stumbled upon
Or ask for some suggestions - I will try update this thread as often as I can but It'd be nice if other people contributed

------------

MAJOR LABELS

Amoeba Culture - Home to artists like Supreme Team, Dynamic Duo and Zion T, one of the forefront runners in Mainstream hip-hop - bringing the hip hop element to the mainstream while retaining musical integrity

Jungle Entertainment - Founded by K-Hip Hop legend, Tiger JK, Jungle Entertainment is also one of the front runners in Mainstream hip-hop - houses artists such as Leessang, M.I.B and MFBTY

Brand New Music - Headed by Verbal Jint with a plethora of amazing artists ranging from Phantom to BNR to Swings - A label which carries a very modernized yet rooted sound

Sniper Sound - Legendary Hip-Hop artist, MC SNIPER's label, one of the largest labels in the scene with some of the strong names in Rap - Songrapper, Egobomb and Outsider just to name a few

Hi-Lite Records - ex-Jungle Ent artist, Paloalto leads Hi-Lite records. Widely regarded as one of the strongest hip-hop labels out right now with artists like B-Free, Reddy and Palo himself

Illionaire - A partnership label between Dok2 And The Quiett, established in January 2011 - incorporates a very production heavy theme to the label Notable artists include Beenzino, Dok2 and The Quiett themselves

Soul Company (Dissolved 2011) - One of the pioneer lables for the Korean hip hop scene - leaving a shining legacy behind after the company's break up in 2011.

Grandline - Known residency of Geeks, Crucial Star(formerly under SC), Takeone, Rimi and many more. The agency is set to be the protagonist of the korean music scene with their vibrant image and yet strong musical fidelity to traditional hip hop

tabloholic
Post May 21, 2013 @ 3:01 am

Eriochrome wrote:
Amoeba Culture - Home to artists like Supreme Team, Dynamic Duo and Zion T, one of the forefront runners in Mainstream hip-hop - bringing the hip hop element to the mainstream while retaining musical integrity

Shameless plug
korean-artists-groups/official-amoeba-culture-thread-t340/

Eriochrome
Post May 21, 2013 @ 3:03 am

Newest Releases
(Will Backtrack some later)

Songrapper - Mom
Absolutely beautiful track, perfect delivery matched with top-class composition

Loco - Take Care
Chill track, chill beat and some really smooth flow and delivery

Eriochrome
Post May 21, 2013 @ 3:07 am

San-E is back after leaving JYP
huge track with beautiful composition
His rapping is a gem in this one, showing some really good adaptability and lyricism

Reminded me of this track he did with the same vocalist

both excellent

Eriochrome
Post May 21, 2013 @ 3:09 am

ill be back later
if someone would like to keep posting it'd be nice
Doesn't have to be all releases straight off the press,
Feel free to discuss favourites, share tracks you found etc

musicIS2livefor
Post May 21, 2013 @ 3:18 am

Okasian, Paloalto and B-Free releases ‘Survive’ teaser

[right]
musicIS2livefor
Post May 21, 2013 @ 3:21 am

ISSAC SQUAB RELEASES SINGLE ALBUM + ‘WELCOME SONG’ MV

The album should be released 7/5/2013

[right]
musicIS2livefor
Post May 21, 2013 @ 3:32 am

Btw, wish you could add Granny into that list...they've got some pretty well known artists

[right]
Eriochrome
Post May 21, 2013 @ 3:52 am

musicIS2livefor wrote:Btw, wish you could add Granny into that list...they've got some pretty well known artists

Just give me a quick summary about the length of the ones I've posted up there and I'll stick it in straight away :)

Dope releases up there too, cant wait for that Hi-Lite collab

tabloholic
Post May 21, 2013 @ 4:29 am

I want The Movement to comeback....

Kiwiii
Post May 21, 2013 @ 4:30 am

I expected Natalie to be here smh.

I want to get into hip hop.

''Even if all the tears of the world are welled up in my small eyes, I wish I could shed your tears as well''
Eriochrome
Post May 21, 2013 @ 4:32 am

tabloholic wrote:I want The Movement to comeback....

Been a while since they've been active, a lot of them have branched off and started their own crews now
Dok2 with Illionaire, DD with Amoeba, Palo with Hi-Lite
It'd be cool If they could do some sort of reunion
But The Movement was pretty successful in pushing Hip Hop into the spotlight, they did gain quite a bit of recognition from the whole thing

8 minutes of whjwefkjwekf right here

Eriochrome
Post May 21, 2013 @ 4:33 am

Kiwiii wrote:I expected Natalie to be here smh.

I want to get into hip hop.

It's never too late (:
Hopefully this thread will be pretty active so you'll be able to find some artists you like
Feel free to post any songs you found and we might be able to suggest more to you

Eriochrome
Post May 21, 2013 @ 4:49 am

Mesmerizing track from Junweather's latest mixtape titled "Not Even"

https://soundcloud.com/junweather/junwe ... ent-at-401
seriously amazing delivery, the composition is so haunting
Definitely one of my favourites for the year
Highly recommend you listen to it

musicIS2livefor
Post May 21, 2013 @ 4:55 am

Eriochrome wrote:
musicIS2livefor wrote:Btw, wish you could add Granny into that list...they've got some pretty well known artists

Just give me a quick summary about the length of the ones I've posted up there and I'll stick it in straight away :)

Dope releases up there too, cant wait for that Hi-Lite collab

Thanks!

Hope this is okay

Grandline - Known residency of Geeks, Crucial Star(formerly under SC), Takeone, Rimi and many more. The agency is set to be the protagonist of the korean music scene with their vibrant image and yet strong musical fidelity to traditional hip hop

[right]