Back to Top!

Now that Jonghyun is composing songs, will SHINee earn the recognition BB does?

Discuss the latest Korean pop music, MVs and performances
Page 1 of 1
atlantica
Post May 25, 2013 @ 5:08 pm

Jonghyun composed this song. It'll be released in a couple days~

Most people say BigBang is "on another level" because GDragon is a composer and he does a lot of shit for their music, and that's what make BigBang "untouchable". I don't know how far SM will let Jonghyun go with this, but I hope they give him enough space to keep composing.

Do you think SHINee is stepping to another level through that?

Discuss.

SojuPang
Post May 25, 2013 @ 5:09 pm

Well BIGBANG has also had each member go solo successfully, but I'm glad SHINee will be able to show a more artistic side now~
(hopefully)

minkwon2
Post May 25, 2013 @ 5:09 pm

But 1 song doesn't even come close to the amount of songs GD has done, not only just for Big Bang, but also for his own career. Seungri has written and composed too, and Big Bang makes more of a personal effort with conceptualizing MV and song concepts.

atlantica
Post May 25, 2013 @ 5:11 pm

minkwon2 wrote:But 1 song doesn't even come close to the amount of songs GD has done, not only just for Big Bang, but also for his own career. Seungri has written and composed too, and Big Bang makes more of a personal effort with conceptualizing MV and song concepts.

I assume people start from zero, right? They may eventually get there. Minho has written too.

minkwon2
Post May 25, 2013 @ 5:13 pm

atlantica wrote:
minkwon2 wrote:But 1 song doesn't even come close to the amount of songs GD has done, not only just for Big Bang, but also for his own career. Seungri has written and composed too, and Big Bang makes more of a personal effort with conceptualizing MV and song concepts.

I assume people start from zero, right? They may eventually get there. Minho has written too.

Lol, I forgot to write that they won't get the recognition right away, but maybe if they really pursue it and start to do good album sales with it.

But tbh I kind of judge the V.I.P's that say Big Bang is untouchable. DBSK ruled BB before they split, so that obviously isn't true. Anything can happen in the kpop world.

allrisegd
Post May 25, 2013 @ 5:14 pm

no
but I like Minho oppar's face when he concentrates on writing

michio
Post May 25, 2013 @ 5:21 pm

He's written songs before. And it should not matter because I would still love him.

michio
Post May 25, 2013 @ 5:22 pm

He's written more than 1 song and quality over quantity as Big Bang says.

Gorjessspazzer9
Post May 25, 2013 @ 5:24 pm

i hope so man. didn't he make obsession and write the lyrics for spoiler

atlantica
Post May 25, 2013 @ 5:25 pm

michio wrote:He's written songs before. And it should not matter because I would still love him.

I know, I know, but it's his first time composing.
Isn't composing when you also work with the melody and everything?
Gorjessspazzer9 wrote:i hope so man. didn't he make obsession and write the lyrics for spoiler

Yup. He also wrote my favorite song, Honesty.
that song is gold

Kimochi
Post May 25, 2013 @ 5:26 pm

AA deserves more recognition than both of them since they've done more with their music than both.

Eriochrome
Post May 25, 2013 @ 5:34 pm

atlantica wrote:
michio wrote:He's written songs before. And it should not matter because I would still love him.

I know, I know, but it's his first time composing.
Isn't composing when you also work with the melody and everything?
Gorjessspazzer9 wrote:i hope so man. didn't he make obsession and write the lyrics for spoiler

Yup. He also wrote my favorite song, Honesty.
that song is gold

Composing is putting together the music/production
Melodies may fall under composing but 90% of the time that depends on the writer

And it'll take a while for an idol to gain the recognition that GD/BB gets for being a self-composed idol, they have to consistent release tracks that have their own identity, otherwise there's no real point cause the songs will end up blending in with everything else
The fact is that even if you compose your own songs, if their not good, you shouldn't get anymore recognition that if someone else composed it for you
Not knocking this song or Jonghyun cause he's only composed/written a handful of songs

atlantica
Post May 25, 2013 @ 5:37 pm

Kimochi wrote:AA deserves more recognition than both of them since they've done more with their music than both.

Page 1 of 1