Back to Top!

Shallow Kpop Fans who dont care for the music.

Discuss the latest Korean pop music, MVs and performances
Gorjessspazzer9
Post Jul 26, 2013 @ 12:19 pm

this might be in the wrong section but whatever. here is something i have always noticed about some kpop fans. a LARGE portion of kpop fans openly admit that they don't care for the music. THEN WHY THE HELL DO YOU LISTEN TO IT? and the response i usually get is: Idols are attractive, flawless, &perfect. now i am not the judgmental type but i smell hypocrisy on those certain type of kpop fans. because when you hear kpop fans complaining about certain iols being plastic, gay, ect. they are usually the ones who don't even care for the music. like WTF? i hate seeing people bash on fandoms claiming that thier faves suck and have no music talent, but they worship thier own idols. now do you see. HOW CAN YOU JUDGE SOMEONE'S TASTE IN MUSIC WHEN YOU ARE NOT EVEN IN KPOP FOR THE MUSIC? i wont judge you if you only like the looks of idols, but please take a seat if you are judging someone else you hypocrite. and before someone accuses me or my fandoms for not caring about music: i will admit that Kpop is standard bubblegum mainstream pop, but who the hell cares. if a song/artist makes me feel good then i could care less if critics say its basic music. why would i download/Buy albums and singles? not to see jessica's face. (tho that is a nice extra). Its for the music. so before you judge someone's preference look into the mirror and find something you like. if kpop fans were not so divided in thier stupid fanwars , then maybe we could work together and introduce new songs to each other. who knows you might like a song or more from a group you use to hate. cant we all just be adults and enjoy the beats,rhythm, lyrics, vocals, & performances. your thoughts on people who dont care for the music. i dont care anymore i am just gonna listen to what i like and stay open-minded when it comes to music. plus isnt that how most of us got into kpop, by trying to be open minded and listen to something different from our normal music.
now here is some random Shoshi lol

PhoenixVFIRE
Post Jul 26, 2013 @ 12:23 pm

Well, I know a few people who say they aren't into Kpop as much anymore or w/e, but mostly come on this site to just talk and have fun with their friends. I know that you're not talking about those people, but I just felt like saying that.

~St☆rlight~
damianb
Post Jul 26, 2013 @ 12:33 pm

Looks >>>>>> music in kpop.

Why do you think EXO has so many fans ?

minkwon2
Post Jul 26, 2013 @ 12:37 pm

damianb wrote:Looks >>>>>> music in kpop.

Because they make good music.....?
I'm not even going to talk about Wolf, but the rest of their tracks are good and they have a great singing line.
If I was just here for the looks, 2PM and Kara would be my bias groups but I'm not even their fan.

But hey whatever, apparently I'm delusional and an outsider for liking EXO according to like 60% of this forum, so I don't even know why I'm making this post.

cornbreesha
Post Jul 26, 2013 @ 12:40 pm

There's a fine line between liking a group's looks or w/e and only caring about physical appearance. I'm a Sone, but I also love their music. Their looks are just a plus. I'm sure most people feel that way about their biases.

♚ SNSD | Beyonce | MBLAQ | SISTAR | Ailee | VIXX | Nine Muses | Daesung | f(x)
damianb
Post Jul 26, 2013 @ 12:40 pm

minkwon2 wrote:

I'm not even going to talk about Wolf, but the rest of their tracks are good and they have a great singing line.
If I was just here for the looks, 2PM and Kara would be my bias groups but I'm not even their fan.

But hey whatever, apparently I'm delusional and an outsider for liking EXO according to like 60% of this forum, so I don't even know why I'm making this post.

A matter of personal preference.
Honestly I doubt that they had fans because of their music when the 30 teasers were released and each of them had like little snippets and everyone went batshit crazy for them.

Letsjijiparty
Post Jul 26, 2013 @ 12:42 pm

I am not exotic but I just thought I should say this: Their albums are pretty solid and they do have some amazing singers and dancers in the group.
I don't even know the members that well but their XOXO album was ah-ma-zing! As much as I hate Wolf I can't say that I didn't enjoy their album.

BuYong
Post Jul 26, 2013 @ 12:42 pm

are you serious? :-?

CutiePie96
Post Jul 26, 2013 @ 12:43 pm

minkwon2 wrote:

You aren't the only one! EXO is amazing! I get what the poster means, but EXO isn't ONLY about looks! They make incredible music!

♥ EXO | ∞Infinite∞ | Sist☆r | 2ne1 | VIXX | Epik High | BAP | DBSK ♥
minkwon2
Post Jul 26, 2013 @ 12:45 pm

damianb wrote:
minkwon2 wrote:

A matter of personal preference.
Honestly I doubt that they had fans because of their music when the 30 teasers were released and each of them had like little snippets and everyone went batshit crazy for them.

It is personal preference. And the fans majority of them; I don't deny that at least some are mainly here for looks happen to have a preference towards that.

Also, I became a dedicated fan after the Wolf album. Liked the mama album, wasn't enough to pull me in, then that came out and I decided to be a fan. I actually know a loooot of people who've had the same scenario.

Sure, theres definitely some fans that are here for looks, but its like that for every group.

justica
Post Jul 26, 2013 @ 12:45 pm

omg i know i don't care about music at all, i only like dem hot girls with dem legs

snapcackle
Post Jul 26, 2013 @ 12:47 pm

I'll just throw this out there. I like Exo's music even though I think the members look like awkward prepubescent boys.

Gorjessspazzer9
Post Jul 26, 2013 @ 12:48 pm

justica wrote:omg i know i don't care about music at all, i only like dem hot girls with dem legs

You are the Almighty Justica, you get dem girls without even trying.

justica
Post Jul 26, 2013 @ 12:52 pm

Gorjessspazzer9 wrote:
justica wrote:omg i know i don't care about music at all, i only like dem hot girls with dem legs

You are the Almighty Justica, you get dem girls without even trying.

Lol what can i say? i'm the embodiment of fabulosity

Ladies dig my guns

damianb
Post Jul 26, 2013 @ 1:00 pm

Letsjijiparty wrote:

I am not exotic but I just thought I should say this: Their albums are pretty solid and they do have some amazing singers and dancers in the group.
I don't even know the members that well but their XOXO album was ah-ma-zing! As much as I hate Wolf I can't say that I didn't enjoy their album.

I only listened to 365 because when I heard the leaked demo I liked it. I'm not interested in them or their music. I do agree that they do have some good members like Kai, Chen, Lay and that dude with baby face that was in Younique,but the singers from the Korean unit aren't that impressive. In terms of vocals Chen > rest of them, and Kris is a member of EXO only for his looks also.
He's got nothing to offer.
But every group has filler members, it's just that SM has most of them cause they like large groups.