Back to Top!

Comeback SISTAR's new release had me anticipate After School's comeback even more

Discuss the latest Korean pop music, MVs and performances
The_Real_Ipdakchyuh
Post Jun 11, 2013 @ 1:33 pm

I was pretty excited for SISTAR's release especially because their 2012-early 2013 track record has been pretty solid (at least for me). I figured STARSHIP knew there was quite a bit riding on this comeback and the teasers were pretty eye-catching. But once I heard the song, I can't help but think I am a little disappointed.

For one, I like that they're doing something new. A new sound means they're breaking away from what they've done in the past both musically and conceptually. This comeback is flashy, dazzling, and a bit sophisticated. I also appreciate that the girls all look gorgeous, especially Dasom. Can we like get a cheer for Dasom? She's super pretty.

Secondly, the line distribution was the most balanced it's ever been. Are people really accusing Soyu of stealing parts, now? I mean come on, the girl can sing. And it was nice to see the a large chunk of the burden lifted off of Hyorin.

The song itself isn't as appealing as I thought. There is no real hook in my opinion. I can't find a memorable part that I want to sing to myself, especially since the main chorus is a little too bland. I'm curious how this will fare on digital charts, however. SISTAR is #2 on Instiz right now and I think they can only go higher. Also, I'm hoping physical sales are a bit higher than they had in the past, because they are a presence now and I hope this is reflected in their fan base.

(I thought Brave Brothers gave their best songs to SISTAR, too. If this is the best they did out of their recent productions then STARSHIP needs new partners).

Aaaanyway, about After School:

I'm super excited. I'm in love with the teaser even though, sure, the MV set looks a bit basic. I mean, come on. Pledis isn't all that rich anyway, so I'm sure they did as best as they could with their budget. But I'm totally digging the sound and the pole-dancing concept. After School always impresses with the new skills they learn and I can't wait to see them do this on stage. Hopefully this also boosts their popularity and I'm sure the teaser had people notice them more. What girl group really goes out of their way to learn new art forms? This should bring some good attention.

What are your thoughts about both groups?

omg
where I have been
hi guys

sunggyuluver
Post Jun 11, 2013 @ 1:35 pm

I didn't really like Sistar's song. Basically exited out of the tab a minute into it. I'll listen to it again maybe in a few days.

ps: oh look who's back

Kimochi
Post Jun 11, 2013 @ 1:36 pm

OMG YOU'RE BACK!!! <3 <3 <3

The_Real_Ipdakchyuh
Post Jun 11, 2013 @ 1:37 pm

sunggyuluver wrote:I didn't really like Sistar's song. Basically exited out of the tab a minute into it. I'll listen to it again maybe in a few days.

ps: oh look who's back

I was more merciful. I actually listened to the whole thing.
Three times.
I like to think I'm a good fan.

Also herrooo <3

Kihaegirl
Post Jun 11, 2013 @ 1:37 pm

Oh look, its you

The_Real_Ipdakchyuh
Post Jun 11, 2013 @ 1:38 pm

Kimochi wrote:OMG YOU'RE BACK!!! <3 <3 <3

long time no talk
:smooch:

snapcackle
Post Jun 11, 2013 @ 1:38 pm

Sistar's new song is addicting. Better than Alone imo.

The_Real_Ipdakchyuh
Post Jun 11, 2013 @ 1:39 pm

Kihaegirl wrote:Oh look, its you

Look, okay
I might barely be level 1
But that doesn't mean you're better
ho

minkwon2
Post Jun 11, 2013 @ 1:40 pm

I loved SISTAR's new song. I liked how upbeat it was and different it was from other kpop songs. I'm glad they gave Soyu and Dasom much more spotlight than usual and how it wasn't SISTAR19 central. The MV was superb imo. But there could've been more lyrics instead of just "give it to me" most of the time. But I'm also a sucker for a piano beat which helps me like the song more.

I'm so anticipated for After School's comeback. I've never been a huge fan of them, but the pole dancing looks like its going to be awesome and the song sounds great too.

Kihaegirl
Post Jun 11, 2013 @ 1:41 pm

The_Real_Ipdakchyuh wrote:
Kihaegirl wrote:Oh look, its you

Look, okay
I might barely be level 1
But that doesn't mean you're better
ho

Dont worry. Im sure you'll whore yourself up there like you always do :3

Vorisy
Post Jun 11, 2013 @ 1:41 pm

y...y...y...you're back?

Dibs on Zion.
honeyblossom
Post Jun 11, 2013 @ 1:43 pm

I haven't seen you in 5ever.
Hii <3

Kimochi
Post Jun 11, 2013 @ 1:43 pm

long time no talk

Yeah I missed you <3

You should come around to this thread sometime chat-threads/whorenixvfire-t1143/

Anyways for the song it was meh kinda felt like Pandora v2 but boring.

Have you heard choclat's song yet? I thought it was pretty good.

The_Real_Ipdakchyuh
Post Jun 11, 2013 @ 1:50 pm

honeyblossom wrote:I haven't seen you in 5ever.
Hii <3

omg hb <3<3<3<3

Kimochi wrote:

long time no talk

Yeah I missed you <3

You should come around to this thread sometime chat-threads/whorenixvfire-t1143/

Anyways for the song it was meh kinda felt like Pandora v2 but boring.

Have you heard choclat's song yet? I thought it was pretty good.

I heard about this, my friend said it was pretty good. I'mma listen to it soon.

Vorisy wrote:y...y...y...you're back?

I owe you an apology
>.>
Do you have a smartphone yet?

Vorisy
Post Jun 11, 2013 @ 1:52 pm

The_Real_Ipdakchyuh wrote:I owe you an apology
>.>
Do you have a smartphone yet?

Yes, yes you do.
And yes I do <3

Dibs on Zion.