Back to Top!

When it comes to kpop, are looks a must have for you?

Discuss the latest Korean pop music, MVs and performances
minkwon2
Post May 26, 2013 @ 6:00 pm

I see this a lot where people pick biases entirely based on looks. Or hate idols just because of their appearance.

Well, I'll never understand the mentality. Even if their image is much more stressed, music still comes first. I pick based on talent, stage presence, and personality before looks. I rarely have the member I find the best looking from the group as my bias, and when it happens, it's just coincidental. And their is plenty of idols I find really hot that I don't care at all about because they have a boring personality and/or lack of talent. And I'll never dislike someone just because their appearance is bad. Though looks will probably help peak more interest in an idol, it doesn't keep my interest.

Migz
Post May 26, 2013 @ 6:01 pm

Talents >>>> looks

Gorjessspazzer9
Post May 26, 2013 @ 6:02 pm

i dislike those fans. i actually got into kpop for music, stayed, and will forever stay for the music. my favorite artist of all time isn't attractive to me but i love her songs!

airknight21
Post May 26, 2013 @ 6:03 pm

When i was new in Kpop, yes. Looks will help a person like a certain group faster. Reason why most groups out there have a "visual" member.
But now, since i'm a kpop fan for almost 3 years, it doesn't matter to me anymore. Actually, i prefer talent now rather than looks. Those hot girls are just a bonus.

When girls have drinking problems <3
combover
Post May 26, 2013 @ 6:06 pm

I think I enjoy stage presence the most.

CL's my favorite in 2NE1, easily. She shouts, yeah, but girl knows how to rock a stage. Minzy's the most talented, Dara's the prettiest, Bom's the funniest, but CL's just more interesting.
SNSD, none necessarily stood out immediately in their group performances, but Yuri's solo performances...I dunno what it was, I've seen her sing better and dance better in group performances, but she was just 3489408 times more interesting.

But, biased opinion, looks definitely help lol

tteavd21

Lol, those fans sound like one of my best friends.
I usually pick a bias for their personality, charms, and talent though. Good looks would be a nice bonus, but it isn't necessary.

snsd exo glam
FaceFucked

No. I remember when I first started to like Kpop, I didn't even watch the MVs,
I would just listen to the song, and listen to the voices, and my favorite voice would become my bias, even if I didn't know who it was at the time, I would just recognize the voice.
Then I would look up a MV and see who my bias was.

minkwon2
Post May 26, 2013 @ 6:07 pm

FaceFucked wrote:No. I remember when I first started to like Kpop, I didn't even watch the MVs,
I would just listen to the song, and listen to the voices, and my favorite voice would become my bias, even if I didn't know who it was at the time, I would just recognize the voice.
Then I would look up a MV and see who my bias was.

LOL, I actually wish I did that. That sounds really fun.

lafabuleuse
Post May 26, 2013 @ 6:09 pm

Contrary to popular beliefs, the talent and the personality they show on screen comes first.
The looks are usually just a plus.

cornbreesha
Post May 26, 2013 @ 6:10 pm

I don't even know how I choose a bias. I guess it's just based on personality and their talents for me.

♚ SNSD | Beyonce | MBLAQ | SISTAR | Ailee | VIXX | Nine Muses | Daesung | f(x)
minkwon2
Post May 26, 2013 @ 6:11 pm

cornbreesha wrote:I don't even know how I choose a bias. I guess it's just based on personality and their talents for me.

You just choose the best members is all. That's how you do it.

snapcackle
Post May 26, 2013 @ 6:12 pm

I don't choose biases based off looks. As for the general public, Hyorin isn't considered attractive by many (I disagree but whatever) but she's still very popular, so having the standard Korean beauty isn't required.

shawolsoneforeverxx
Post May 27, 2013 @ 12:10 am

I care more about the talent and personality but the looks are just a bonus. The only visual I have as a bias is SS501's Kim Hyun Joong keke xD

SHINee,SNSD,F(x)SS501ExoB.A.P
yoonrikai
Post May 27, 2013 @ 12:12 am

I got into Kpop because it relates to me more.
Alot of asians who grew up the west, probably had no one to look up to until kpop arrived.

selhia
Post May 27, 2013 @ 12:14 am

For me, looks are a bonus. Yes, I might see a good looking group, but if I don't like their music, then I'm not gonna bother. I'll just look for their pictures. Looks might hook me, but they won't keep me.

2NE1|4minute|f(x)|Wonder Girls|RaNia|Lee Hi|BIGBANG|SHINee|Lee Hyori|BoA|Rain|Koda Kumi|Namie Amuro|Utada Hikaru|L'Arc~en~Ciel|