Back to Top!

News Block B may cancel their "Jackpot" promotions

Share the latest Korean celebrity news and gossip!
Page 1 of 1
Nova_REMIX
Post Apr 24, 2014 @ 6:46 pm

"Block B postponed their April 17 release of single ‘JACKPOT’, and are considering cancelling their comeback. Their agency representative said, 'The promotion period for the single was supposed to be short, and we were planning to release a mini-album in the latter half of the year. We are thinking about giving up this promotion period and focusing on the activites to come later on this year.'"

Source(s): http://media.daum.net/entertain/enews/n ... 5080104713
http://bontheblock.tumblr.com/post/8376 ... ir-jackpot

This makes me sad, but if we can get a Blocktober to make up for it, then HEEEEEEELLLLLLL YEEEEEAAAAHHHH. And I'm still gonna see them in concert so, that's okay!~

tdz94
Post Apr 24, 2014 @ 7:08 pm

yeah if it means a longer promotion and everything I dont mind. A Blocktober would be wonderful!

Yaayanee
Post Apr 24, 2014 @ 7:09 pm

OMG they have the worse luck...damn.

choosey-lover
Post Apr 24, 2014 @ 7:28 pm

I'm bummed about it but I think them cancelling is for the best. If they cancel then they won't have to worry about getting any backlash or hate from the public. I just hope they'll be able to perform it at their concerts and the showcases this summer.

2014.04.15 | #3YearsOnTheBlock | 블락비| #BlockBIsJackpot | 7 7 7
Owlsarecool15
Post Apr 24, 2014 @ 7:35 pm

Awww man!

Oh well, I can't wait to see what they do next. Can't wait to see them this summer in DC. Block B fighting!

B1A4 (BANA)Bangtan Boys (A.R.M.Y) B.A.P (Baby) Beast (Beauty)Big Bang (VIP)Block B (BBC) BtoB (Melody) EXO (EXOtic) F(x) (Aff(x)tion) GOT7 (IGOT7) HIGH4 Infinite (Inspirit) MBLAQ (A+) Nu'est (L.O.V.E) SHINee (Shawol) SPEED (DEEPS) Super Junior (ELF) Teen Top (Angel) 2NE1 (Black Jack) U-Kiss (KissMe) VIXX (Starlight)
Nova_REMIX
Post Apr 24, 2014 @ 7:43 pm

tdz94 wrote:yeah if it means a longer promotion and everything I dont mind. A Blocktober would be wonderful!

Same. Short promotions would disappoint me a bit more. I can be patient.

Yaayanee wrote:OMG they have the worse luck...damn.

But they seem to always make it out stronger from it. And that's the best feeling.
choosey-lover wrote:I'm bummed about it but I think them cancelling is for the best. If they cancel then they won't have to worry about getting any backlash or hate from the public. I just hope they'll be able to perform it at their concerts and the showcases this summer.

Oh about "coming too soon?" Okay. I really wanna talk about that. Like how soon is "too soon." I can understand K-POP taking a break for the rest of April. Maybe even the first week of May, but seriously, why is it that groups can't come back in May? I mean, we're talking about stopping people's only source of income for the sake of mourning.

I'm not saying "get over it." I'm not saying "I want my fave group/soloist to come back." I'm not saying I don't care about the Sewol incident. That's totally not my intention at all. It's more along with there's a time and place for everything. There is a time for mourning and a time to move on with our lives. I believe that in the first or second week of May companies should be able to start promoting again.

I don't think this should affect their summer activities. In Korea, maybe, but their American tour has been set up already. If Seven Seasons wants to break up the contract, they can do that, but pay money. I think Korea would be understanding for idols to participate in their overseas activities because they have obligations to these countries' fans. You know?

I mean, they weren't really pissed at Park Shin Hye or Lee Min Ho when they went to China (then again, they are well-loved actors, so it's difficult). But the only reason they were upset at Shinhwa's Andy was because they felt that he hadn't reflected long enough for his gambling scandal. So I think Block B will be alright.
Owlsarecool15 wrote:Awww man!

Oh well, I can't wait to see what they do next. Can't wait to see them this summer in DC. Block B fighting!

See you in DC this summer!~ I'm going by myself. None of my other BBC friends could make it!~ Hopefully, I'll see you there. I'll be wearing cute little yellow demon horn hair clips.

sunggyuluver
Post Apr 24, 2014 @ 7:49 pm

No surprise

Hope when they comeback again it'll be a comeback that'll wow everyone.

choosey-lover
Post Apr 24, 2014 @ 7:51 pm

@Nova_REMIX Block B's kind of a special case. They'd get in trouble if they blinked the wrong way. Other groups can probably wait until May or June to come back but Block B still doesn't have the best image. It's unfair but if they were to come back at all with Jackpot they'd probably get some backlash and they don't need that. I guess now all they'll be focusing on is their Korean concerts in May (if they still have those) and their USA showcases. I feel like that won't get cancelled since it's overseas and towards the end of June. I'd be really upset if they cancelled those because I'm going to the Miami showcase (VIP ticket) and I got one of the photo opportunities with them... sooooooooo yeah. I hope this doesn't affect their contract with Jazzy Group but I don't think it will.

If they do cancel, I won't be as upset as I was because that'll be less drama to worry about. Even though it says they might possibly cancel, the way they worded it makes it seem like they've already made the decision. A lot of the public still thinks Block B are "bad kids" but by them cancelling their promotions altogether out of respect for the tragedy, that might actually make them look better. They shouldn't have to cancel but considering their past history with scandals and how they're constantly dealing with bullshit from the media, them cancelling might be the best route to go.

But it's still unfortunate since they worked so hard, and it'll seem like it all went to waste, but maybe everything will work out in it's own special way.

PhoenixVFIRE
Post Apr 24, 2014 @ 7:58 pm

Yeah, the might as well just wait ://

Sucks that they didn't get to promote it properly, but not much anyone can do about that. I just hope their next comeback is better, I personally didn't like Jackpot at all.

~St☆rlight~
ThinCrust
Post Apr 24, 2014 @ 8:40 pm

Dang it. Hopefully they will get to promote the song some way later on.

Calannie
Post Apr 24, 2014 @ 8:42 pm

Blocktoberfest. The Block Babes and beer. Match made in heaven. Just order some pizza.

Nova_REMIX
Post Apr 26, 2014 @ 6:40 am

choosey-lover wrote:@Nova_REMIX Block B's kind of a special case. They'd get in trouble if they blinked the wrong way. Other groups can probably wait until May or June to come back but Block B still doesn't have the best image. It's unfair but if they were to come back at all with Jackpot they'd probably get some backlash and they don't need that. I guess now all they'll be focusing on is their Korean concerts in May (if they still have those) and their USA showcases. I feel like that won't get cancelled since it's overseas and towards the end of June. I'd be really upset if they cancelled those because I'm going to the Miami showcase (VIP ticket) and I got one of the photo opportunities with them... sooooooooo yeah. I hope this doesn't affect their contract with Jazzy Group but I don't think it will.

If they do cancel, I won't be as upset as I was because that'll be less drama to worry about. Even though it says they might possibly cancel, the way they worded it makes it seem like they've already made the decision. A lot of the public still thinks Block B are "bad kids" but by them cancelling their promotions altogether out of respect for the tragedy, that might actually make them look better. They shouldn't have to cancel but considering their past history with scandals and how they're constantly dealing with bullshit from the media, them cancelling might be the best route to go.

But it's still unfortunate since they worked so hard, and it'll seem like it all went to waste, but maybe everything will work out in it's own special way.

You're right. It just doesn't settle well with me. Not just because of Block B, but because all of these groups have to halt everything for so long as to what industry insiders are estimating. Hell, they're even preventing groups from debuting. I also don't think that their USA showcases would be cancelled.

Put it that way though, I guess it's better if they cancel "Jackpot" promotions. Hopefully their image will get better. Still, I know I'm gonna have fun when they come to D.C.

choosey-lover
Post Apr 28, 2014 @ 7:55 pm

It's official now.

[BLOCK B OFFICIAL] Hello. This is Seven Seasons.

We are making an announcement regarding the release for Block B's single [JACKPOT].

On April 16, we said that we were temporarily postponing the release and comeback for Block B's single 'JACKPOT'.

However, in the present national disaster, there are missing people, casualties, and family who are suffering. The company and the members will have a difficult time promoting the album in this situation, and therefore we decided to cancel both the release and comeback.

The company and members all came to this difficult decision after much evaluation. We would like to sincerely apologize to the many fans who have waited all this time for Block B's comeback.

After finishing their '2014 BLOCKBUSTER' first solo concert as planned, Block B will come back to everyone again with a new album as soon as possible.

Once again, we apologize to the many fans who love and care for Block B and JACKPOT, and we hope for your understanding.

And we would like to extend our condolences to the victims and their families who have been hurt because of the injustice that happened.

Thank you.

- Only the initial supply of the JACKPOT offline album is available to purchase.
- Block B's 2nd BBC official fan club activities will begin with the next album comeback.

trans cr; @ bontheblock via twitter

Gyoshido
Post Apr 28, 2014 @ 9:07 pm

Thank god. It was fucking shit.

High Skool ~ VIP ~ St☆rlight ~ Blackjack ~ Kamilia ~ Shawol ~ Aff(x)tionate ~ Dai5y ~ S♥ne ~ Aileean
♥ Han Seungyeon ♥
My last.fm
Page 1 of 1