Back to Top!

Gossip Miss A the next bully group?

Share the latest Korean celebrity news and gossip!
Nova_REMIX
Post Sep 11, 2013 @ 9:15 am

I personally don't think it's true. It's netizens trying to find anyway to take down a girl group, but I saw this posted on NB and I had to question some people as to whether it's credible or not. I can see why Jia or Min may be a little harsh towards Suzy, but Fei? Fei's not as popular as Suzy, but she's popular in her own right. Getting make-up deals by herself. Showing up on shows and getting attention from that. Being known as an idol who would also double as the perfect wife. Uhm...Yeah, Fei has NOTHING to bully Suzy over. But I just wanted to know people's thoughts. What do you think? Apparently, the Yura side-eyeing Suzy thing was pretty big and then they tried to pull other girl groups into it like Miss A.

Do you think that there are any female or even male groups where it seems like one or more group members are being bullied?

HyunBin
Post Sep 11, 2013 @ 9:25 am

you should watch some of miss A's "behind the scenes" clips, they're actually pretty alright together, they get along pretty great behind the scenes tbh.

You can see Jia handing suzy something with a happy smile on her face

I hope people don't start crazy rumours.

neojasnee
Post Sep 11, 2013 @ 9:27 am

You can't really tell who is getting bullied and who isn't cause the way they act for interviews,photo shoots,live is very different on how they really are when nobody is around except the other members.

Nova_REMIX
Post Sep 11, 2013 @ 9:36 am

neojasnee wrote:You can't really tell who is getting bullied and who isn't cause the way they act for interviews,photo shoots,live is very different on how they really are when nobody is around except the other members.

That's very true, but even if that was so, there are elusions to it. Take for instance, a lot of Hwa Young stans with T-ARA like me could tell that Hwa Young was the odd girl out since she first joined T-ARA. I'm not going to include the "evidence" from what a lot of netizens brought up, but there were times that were questionable that Hwa Young seemed isolated from the group going so far to the point that they would call Hwa Young out on Twitter. And Hyo Young would not have made the tweet about her sister being in pain for no reason.

Furthermore, with Girl's Day, though it wasn't seen much on broadcasts, Ji Hae didn't seem to be close to the other girls. The other girls were/are very Twitter active always associating with each other. Ji Hae, despite having a Twitter, didn't really associate that much with the other girls. It was just more of an eyebrow raiser. In fact, I didn't follow Girl's Day as much, but I could see Ji Hae's leave coming.

With After School, some things seem questionable in regards to Lizzy. I know a lot of Lizzy stans get defensive, but Lizzy can be catty at times (even when people assume she's joking). Taking stabs at UEE and Nana. When Ka Hi was around, Lizzy didn't do that crap.

So while you're correct most definitely, I feel that we can still gather ideas to see what's up with the relationships with some of these girl groups. I never really suspected Miss A and to this day I still don't, but I don't deny in some groups like Girl's Day and After School there COULD (not saying there is) be some discord. I think though that the T-ARA scandal made some of these companies tighten up their girl groups and manage their down time activities more effectively.

neojasnee
Post Sep 11, 2013 @ 9:42 am

Nova_REMIX wrote:
neojasnee wrote:You can't really tell who is getting bullied and who isn't cause the way they act for interviews,photo shoots,live is very different on how they really are when nobody is around except the other members.

That's very true, but even if that was so, there are elusions to it. Take for instance, a lot of Hwa Young stans with T-ARA like me could tell that Hwa Young was the odd girl out since she first joined T-ARA. I'm not going to include the "evidence" from what a lot of netizens brought up, but there were times that were questionable that Hwa Young seemed isolated from the group going so far to the point that they would call Hwa Young out on Twitter. And Hyo Young would not have made the tweet about her sister being in pain for no reason.

Furthermore, with Girl's Day, though it wasn't seen much on broadcasts, Ji Hae didn't seem to be close to the other girls. The other girls were/are very Twitter active always associating with each other. Ji Hae, despite having a Twitter, didn't really associate that much with the other girls. It was just more of an eyebrow raiser. In fact, I didn't follow Girl's Day as much, but I could see Ji Hae's leave coming.

With After School, some things seem questionable in regards to Lizzy. I know a lot of Lizzy stans get defensive, but Lizzy can be catty at times (even when people assume she's joking). Taking stabs at UEE and Nana. When Ka Hi was around, Lizzy didn't do that crap.

So while you're correct most definitely, I feel that we can still gather ideas to see what's up with the relationships with some of these girl groups. I never really suspected Miss A and to this day I still don't, but I don't deny in some groups like Girl's Day and After School there COULD (not saying there is) be some discord. I think though that the T-ARA scandal made some of these companies tighten up their girl groups and manage their down time activities more effectively.

I read somewhere that Seo In Young when she was in Jewelry didn't get along with others member of the group and I think if someone is bullied in AS i feel like its E-young she just seems so distant .

ThinCrust
Post Sep 11, 2013 @ 9:43 am

I doubt it. I need solid proof before judging anyways.

Nova_REMIX
Post Sep 11, 2013 @ 9:46 am

neojasnee wrote:
Nova_REMIX wrote:

I read somewhere that Seo In Young when she was bullied didn't get along with others member of the group and I think if someone is bullied in AS i feel like its E-young she just seems so distant .

That's so practical. If you think about it, Seo In Young could've been an earlier situation of the T-ARA situation. Seo In Young leaves Jewelry and becomes even more popular as a soloist. Hwa Young was the least popular of T-ARA, and now, if she goes into another idol group, hell if she goes solo or into acting, she's pretty much assured to have the support of all of Korea.

So true. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like E-Young would've done better under FNCE, maybe as a member of AoA. It's just...she's so talented, but the concept that AS has, she's not reaching her maximum potential in contrast to FNCE which REALLY focuses on using instruments. She could've done a lot better as a member of AoA probably (as leader even; sorry, not sorry Ji Min).

neojasnee
Post Sep 11, 2013 @ 10:01 am

Nova_REMIX wrote:
neojasnee wrote:
Nova_REMIX wrote:That's very true, but even if that was so, there are elusions to it. Take for instance, a lot of Hwa Young stans with T-ARA like me could tell that Hwa Young was the odd girl out since she first joined T-ARA. I'm not going to include the "evidence" from what a lot of netizens brought up, but there were times that were questionable that Hwa Young seemed isolated from the group going so far to the point that they would call Hwa Young out on Twitter. And Hyo Young would not have made the tweet about her sister being in pain for no reason.

I read somewhere that Seo In Young when she was bullied didn't get along with others member of the group and I think if someone is bullied in AS i feel like its E-young she just seems so distant .

That's so practical. If you think about it, Seo In Young could've been an earlier situation of the T-ARA situation. Seo In Young leaves Jewelry and becomes even more popular as a soloist. Hwa Young was the least popular of T-ARA, and now, if she goes into another idol group, hell if she goes solo or into acting, she's pretty much assured to have the support of all of Korea.

So true. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like E-Young would've done better under FNCE, maybe as a member of AoA. It's just...she's so talented, but the concept that AS has, she's not reaching her maximum potential in contrast to FNCE which REALLY focuses on using instruments. She could've done a lot better as a member of AoA probably (as leader even; sorry, not sorry Ji Min).

Isn't Hwayoung trying to become an actress or so I have heard?Seo In Young was/is still the best Jewelry member to have come and gone imo. E-young is wasted I totally agree with the whole AOA thing it fits more of her style cause AS is mostly a dance group and they hardly ever play instruments they did once in Bang era but other than that nope.

damianb
Post Sep 11, 2013 @ 11:06 am

You can't trust in what you see on a photo or a video because these idols have to put on an act.
These idols have to act like they get along and they're polite and friendly and approachable because that's their job.
Once the camera stops recording them, who the hell knows how their true personality and character are.
Which is also why I don't get why some kpop fans say that their bias has great personality based on what they've seen on reality/variety shows.

I'm 99% sure that there's some sort of conflict in every single group. If you are forced to live with people and be with them 24/7 there's gonna be conflict and arguments.

badtzmaru
Post Sep 11, 2013 @ 11:18 am

I have heard about Suzy not getting along with the rest of Miss A but there is a difference between that and bullying.

Anyways I don't think any big company would allow that kind of behavior -specially after T-ara's scandal-.

sunggyuluver
Post Sep 11, 2013 @ 11:32 am

I agree with @damianb. They're with each other literally 24/7 so of course there would be some conflict.
I'm pretty sure in each idol group arguments happen.

Plus apparently Suzy looked at Yura first. Wouldn't you question why someone of her stature was looking at you?
That's the way I see it.

Nova_REMIX
Post Sep 12, 2013 @ 4:49 pm

neojasnee wrote:
Nova_REMIX wrote:
neojasnee wrote:I read somewhere that Seo In Young when she was bullied didn't get along with others member of the group and I think if someone is bullied in AS i feel like its E-young she just seems so distant .

Isn't Hwayoung trying to become an actress or so I have heard?Seo In Young was/is still the best Jewelry member to have come and gone imo. E-young is wasted I totally agree with the whole AOA thing it fits more of her style cause AS is mostly a dance group and they hardly ever play instruments they did once in Bang era but other than that nope.

IDK. She was under talks with a company, but she hasn't joined an official company now. I think In Young was as well, but the minute they lose Baby J, they also will have lost another good Jewelry member. Pretty much. I never understood why she went under Pledis when FNCE probably would've used her to the fullest potential.
damianb wrote:You can't trust in what you see on a photo or a video because these idols have to put on an act.
These idols have to act like they get along and they're polite and friendly and approachable because that's their job.
Once the camera stops recording them, who the hell knows how their true personality and character are.
Which is also why I don't get why some kpop fans say that their bias has great personality based on what they've seen on reality/variety shows.

I'm 99% sure that there's some sort of conflict in every single group. If you are forced to live with people and be with them 24/7 there's gonna be conflict and arguments.

I totally agree. That's why I suspected other girl groups as well. It's just that T-ARA and the old 5Dolls were so careless about it.
sunggyuluver wrote:I agree with @damianb. They're with each other literally 24/7 so of course there would be some conflict.
I'm pretty sure in each idol group arguments happen.

Plus apparently Suzy looked at Yura first. Wouldn't you question why someone of her stature was looking at you?
That's the way I see it.

Agreed, but of course, crazy uncle fans netizens will definitely come to the aid of Suzy because she's more popular than Yu Ra and demonize Yu Ra for what she didn't probably intend to do. I know Hye Ri is friends with Suzy, so at some point, Yu Ra probably met Suzy and both women seem pretty docile, so I'm sure that this is all just nonsense.

minkwon2
Post Sep 12, 2013 @ 4:56 pm

To be quite honest, I think they think Suzy is getting bullied because they worship her too highly. I bet the members get along fine.

Five
Post Sep 12, 2013 @ 5:34 pm

This is getting childish.

Lets take note of this, Miss A is a four-member idol group. They should be on par with each other but one member, the youngest one is doing better on her own that she is within the group. There isn't any bullying, just bitterness because genuine hard work is being overlooked here. Suzy is out and about forking in millions just from modelling alone. I would feel a bit shit and you'd be lying if you said you wouldn't feel at all bitter. Jia and Fei are in their mid-20s, they are better than this bullying crap.

You never really understand a person until you consider things from [their] point of view
- Until you climb into [their] skin and walk around it."

- To Kill A Mockingbird
Nova_REMIX
Post Sep 12, 2013 @ 6:12 pm

Five wrote:This is getting childish.

Lets take note of this, Miss A is a four-member idol group. They should be on par with each other but one member, the youngest one is doing better on her own that she is within the group. There isn't any bullying, just bitterness because genuine hard work is being overlooked here. Suzy is out and about forking in millions just from modelling alone. I would feel a bit shit and you'd be lying if you said you wouldn't feel at all bitter. Jia and Fei are in their mid-20s, they are better than this bullying crap.

I don't deny it. That's why I said fully that I don't believe it totally. I do believe that there would be bitterness in the group because it was intended that Min would be the "trend" of Miss A, but Suzy turned out to be it instead. Fei is getting a good share of popularity, but it doesn't even compare to 1/4 of what Suzy has. So yeah, there could be bitterness. I doubt there would be any bullying though too. Though I wouldn't count out ostracization at some times.