Back to Top!

Photo 2NE1 transformed into African ethnic girls in an exceptional pictorial for Vogue

For all other k-pop celebrity photos and images that are not selcas. Celeb photos, pictorials, photocards, fancams, memes, macros, gifs, etc.
muzaiyan
Post Apr 30, 2014 @ 3:44 am

SNSDB2ST BTS1PUNCH BigBang APINK ✿ tumblr ღ.Google+✿ f(x)GOT7shinee Suju 2pmEXO ✿ 

Hlynb93
Post Apr 30, 2014 @ 4:14 am

muzaiyan wrote:SHOW SPOILER

Who said they were meant to be African Ethnic Girls?

Baby-Star1-Inspirit-BlackJack-VIP-IU
Noona
Post Apr 30, 2014 @ 4:17 am

TAKE A POLL, FRIENDS.
is this problematic?

:^)
PhoenixVFIRE
Post Apr 30, 2014 @ 4:40 am

Hlynb93 wrote:Who said they were meant to be African Ethnic Girls?

Seems like the news posts are saying it's an African themed pictorial, so yeah, I think they're suppose to give off an ethnic look.

~St☆rlight~
isthisthekrustykrab
Post Apr 30, 2014 @ 4:44 am

Questionable concept aside, they look terrible.

evilflowers
Post Apr 30, 2014 @ 5:10 am

I hate this shoot. They look so bad. Sorry

Hlynb93
Post Apr 30, 2014 @ 5:28 am

PhoenixVFIRE wrote:
Hlynb93 wrote:Who said they were meant to be African Ethnic Girls?

Seems like the news posts are saying it's an African themed pictorial, so yeah, I think they're suppose to give off an ethnic look.

It said nowhere in Vogue that they were meant to be African Tribal Girls, why do people have to tie everything to ethnicity or racism? It's fashion, it's just a random mish mash of concepts put together to create something new.

PhoenixVFIRE
Post Apr 30, 2014 @ 6:01 am

Hlynb93 wrote:It said nowhere in Vogue that they were meant to be African Tribal Girls, why do people have to tie everything to ethnicity or racism? It's fashion, it's just a random mish mash of concepts put together to create something new.

I'm just telling you what the news articles said, and even if it didn't say that it's kinda obvious that's what the theme is :/

~St☆rlight~
Boram
Post Apr 30, 2014 @ 6:05 am

Where´s Bom ?

T-ara / Orange Caramel / Brown Eyed Girls / Rania / U-KISS /
isthisthekrustykrab
Post Apr 30, 2014 @ 6:11 am

Boram wrote:Where´s Bom ?

:/

mentalxfiction
Post Apr 30, 2014 @ 8:45 am

This looks terrible. I hate the glassy look they have on, look more like puppets than whatever they were going for.
Like here

STARLIGHT x SONE x SHAWOL x KISSME x MINE x A1ST x EXOTIC x ARMY
jsa
Post Apr 30, 2014 @ 11:21 am

This is my favorite shot

mostly because it matches a shot that her brother did 3 years ago

but that concept was "rocker"

MBLAQ | BTOB | VIXX | BEAST | INFINITE | NINE MUSES  |BLOCK B | MAD TOWN | MYNAME ❭❭ 블랙코미디월드 ❬❬
last.fm

Hlynb93
Post Apr 30, 2014 @ 11:33 am

PhoenixVFIRE wrote:
Hlynb93 wrote:It said nowhere in Vogue that they were meant to be African Tribal Girls, why do people have to tie everything to ethnicity or racism? It's fashion, it's just a random mish mash of concepts put together to create something new.

I'm just telling you what the news articles said, and even if it didn't say that it's kinda obvious that's what the theme is :/

I'm not trying to attack you or nothing, it's just that on other sites people have been attacking them, calling it cultural appropriation racist and insensitive which I don't find it to be, it's just a fashion concept and I don't understand why people get so riled up about it.

french_toast_mafia
Post Apr 30, 2014 @ 11:33 am

Heeey at least they didn't do the black face....

UlzzangNicky
Post Apr 30, 2014 @ 11:36 am

Uhm what part of Africa is the concept stemmed off of?
I don't see African culture in this photo shoot and if it's supposed to be African influenced they did a horrible job imo.
I don't see ethnic African fabrics or prints anywhere. O.O

Anyway, I'm not very fond of the outcome tbh. I liked CL's and Dara's solo shots but the other photos not so much. I really don't like Bom's picture, there is too much going on with her clothes for my taste.