Back to Top!

Love Do you consider teenage relationships real relationships?

Everything mushy and pushy
Page 1 of 1
whythefuckicare
Post Oct 12, 2013 @ 3:22 am

I've been thinking about this topic a lot since I've broken up with my boyfriend of 2 years and tbh I kinda feel like our relationship was more childish and juvenile and not as serious and deep as I thought it was while being in this relationship. I think the main reason I think like this is because we were both teenagers at the time we were in a relationship (I'm still considered a teenager since I'm 18 and I haven't hit my 20's yet so . . . ) and we thought we were gonna be together forever but it didn't happen and I wasn't even sad when we went our separate ways. So I think that teenage relationships aren't exactly serious relationships most of the time and I think that they have more of an experience purpose rather than actually staying together and marrying each other in the end or taking it to a serious level.

J-Law is love, J-Law is life
4minute|BIGBANG|Red Velvet|B2ST|BTS|Mamamoo

kindergartenkid
Post Oct 12, 2013 @ 3:27 am

Well it's still love...as long as you love a person,it's fine right?

YukiStar9
Post Oct 12, 2013 @ 3:43 am

nope lol
unless they're still together in their adult lives

edit: and let me explain.
No matter how mature they THINK they are, they still don't have enough life experience to truly understand what it means. and it means nothing at that age.
When you grow up you realize it and you think, "lol wow, I thought that this was real love?"
Of course adults can have short relatioships and not getting up married at the end but when you're an adult you actually understand what you're doing and what you're looking for in a relationship, most of the time. you're looking back at your relationship with, "ugh I made a mistake and I will not do it again" instead of laughing at yourself like you do everytime you remember your teen relationship.

Heechul's wife~
appelblad
Post Oct 12, 2013 @ 3:53 am

It depends on the people who are in a relationship. I would probably say that ALL of one of my friends relationships that she had when she was younger does not count because she didn't want to be alone /she wanted attention. But one of my other friends who were more serious with her ​​relationships( they lasted longer) I think those counts as real relationships.

Chrystal
Post Oct 12, 2013 @ 4:14 am

I don't think they are necessarely not real just because of the age. Adults have short relationships or break up from long ones all the time. So I don't think two 14 year olds dating is any less of a relationship, just because they don't end up married. But life experience would probably make it a different kind of relationship than that between two 30 year olds. Just as two 30 year olds dating would be different from that of two 50 year olds.

Like when a 2 year old break a toy and they act like the world is about to end. We know it's silly, but to that 2 year old they don't know any better, and imo deserves to be taken seriously. Probably a bad example, but couldn't think of anything else.

JustCantKENtrol
Post Oct 12, 2013 @ 4:51 am

It can do with one's maturity level
I honestly look at some teenage relationship as just two people who strongly like one another and like to just be around each other, its like an elevated version of chilling with a crush. but then there are some teenagers that actually have and understand the feelings they share for each other which you could look at as a serious relationship.

There's a difference between like like where you care alot for this person and your heart flutters and all that poppy then there is being in love with someone where every thought is consumed by them and you feel like their your other half and you can't do without them.

So i cant really say it has to do with age but it really varies because situations and personalities are so different

http://shaunzii.tumblr.com/HOTTESTxINSPIRITxBABYxSt☆rlightxSHINHWA CHANGJO
BuYong
Post Oct 12, 2013 @ 5:25 am

No I don't.
I don't mean to generalize since there might be people out there who really love each other, but from what I've seen around me, most teenagers are immature and they think they're living the Romeo and Juliet story.

Luhanismine_88
Post Oct 12, 2013 @ 5:25 am

It depends on the two person who is in relationship. As a teenager I don't really know what does love means although I see everyday my classmates and their boufriends/girlfriends.

Age doesn't when we're talking about love'
But isn't it too early for us teenager to fall in love, I mean, there's a future waiting for us. Love can wait future can't wait.

lupotatohan @ twitter

sunggyuluver
Post Oct 12, 2013 @ 11:58 am

It depends on how serious they are about their relationship.

rananicolee
Post Oct 12, 2013 @ 12:02 pm

It really depends on the two people in the relationship.

littlejay
Post Oct 12, 2013 @ 12:03 pm

No, they always leave me for some reason.
SHOW SPOILER

SwirleyWehrle
Post Oct 12, 2013 @ 12:05 pm

Yeah. it depends. teenage relationships can be real relationships.

It depends on how close you are, how much you trust eachother, etc. It usually doesn't work this way for 13 year old, though, Usually its this way for older teens. I knew a girl who was with her boyfriend since she was in 9th grade though. They're both in college and still together and if I remember correctly, they're planning to get married in a few years

kurumi
Post Oct 12, 2013 @ 12:08 pm

it obviously depends on the couple. same for adults because i know plenty of adults who are only in relationships for benefits and not love

u-gay
Wikipedia
Post Oct 16, 2013 @ 12:50 pm

It really depends on the people, personality and the seriousness of the relationship. Sure, it might be hard to find teens in 'serious' relationships but it's possible. Besides, what does age have to do with anything? It's maturity that counts. There are adults in 'non serious' relationships ad there are teenagers in 'serious' relationships.

SNSD I 2NE1 I INFINITE I EXO I SHINee I T♔ARA I 2PM I Hyoyeon I CL I Sungyeol I D.O. I Jonghyun I Hyomin I Wooyoung
Page 1 of 1