Back to Top!

Anyone here use makeup primers?

It's glamour time!
minglalaming
Post May 28, 2013 @ 10:55 pm

What brand/s do you use?

I've tried the MAC Prep + Prime Skin and I'm currently using smashbox Photo Finish which I'm also about to finish. Both are really great in smoothening the face and keeping the makeup the entire day but I don't feel like either is my holy grail for primer. I was thinking of trying Laura Mercier Foundation Primer cause I've read good reviews about it or one of Benefit's, I'm leaning towards the POREfessional although I'm still kinda skeptical cause Dr. Feel Good was really awful (I'm reading reviews on it right now and I can't believe me and these people actually used the same product lol maybe I should give it another try) .

Any suggestions? :)

Gyoshido
Post May 28, 2013 @ 10:55 pm

OOOOOO gurl you knoooooo it!!!!!!!!!!!!1!

High Skool ~ VIP ~ St☆rlight ~ Blackjack ~ Kamilia ~ Shawol ~ Aff(x)tionate ~ Dai5y ~ S♥ne ~ Aileean
♥ Han Seungyeon ♥
My last.fm
Truekma
Post May 28, 2013 @ 11:00 pm

I used to use the smashbox one and it was good, but I haven't tried any others except for revlon, which was okay for something pretty cheap...!

#SHAMEXO
skyturtle
Post May 28, 2013 @ 11:00 pm

Wow, MAC. You're rich.

epik high | girl's day
Honeyseung
Post May 28, 2013 @ 11:05 pm

Yea MAC isnt great for priming, I use MUFE's in #1 since I have rosacea and it works wonders for the red but for coverage I use urban decay

-------------------------------
minglalaming
Post May 28, 2013 @ 11:07 pm

Truekma wrote:I used to use the smashbox one and it was good, but I haven't tried any others except for revlon, which was okay for something pretty cheap...!

I think I found Revlon's consistency a bit thick but I'm not so sure. Does it give the same silicone-y feel like the smashbox?

minglalaming
Post May 28, 2013 @ 11:09 pm

skyturtle wrote:Wow, MAC. You're rich.

Lol I'm poor as f*ck but I do get to spend my not-so-hard-earned money any way I want.

Truekma
Post May 28, 2013 @ 11:11 pm

minglalaming wrote:
Truekma wrote:I used to use the smashbox one and it was good, but I haven't tried any others except for revlon, which was okay for something pretty cheap...!

I think I found Revlon's consistency a bit thick but I'm not so sure. Does it give the same silicone-y feel like the smashbox?

hmm no, it's definately a bit thicker and creamier! Basically, it did it's job for the price so I can't complain. Smashbox was definitely better - and now they have a whole range of different types of primers that do different things!

#SHAMEXO
ennexD
Post May 28, 2013 @ 11:12 pm

i use alverde makeup primer...but not sure if you know what am i talking about since this brand is popular in europe....
the pic is large tho....

it's really good and it absordes into the skin pretty fast....i use it bcuz it's compatible with my foundation and i'm usin bourjois flower perfection

it covers all defects....but all bcuz of this primer that i'm using rite now....i tried manhattan and laura mericer...it was awful

zicoboo
Post May 28, 2013 @ 11:12 pm

I have MAC Prep+Prime and then a cheap Australis primer, they both seem okay for me, but then again I rarely wear makeup..

If you're ever looking for a eye primer though, I really recommend Revlon Photoready Eyeprimer! It's so good, eyeshadow lasts all day and night~

minglalaming
Post May 28, 2013 @ 11:14 pm

Honeyseung wrote:Yea MAC isnt great for priming, I use MUFE's in #1 since I have rosacea and it works wonders for the red but for coverage I use urban decay

I heard Urban Decay's good but I don't think we have those brands available here.

Edit: ZOMG apparently MUFE has a store (?) here!

ennexD
Post May 28, 2013 @ 11:15 pm

zicoboo wrote:I have MAC Prep+Prime and then a cheap Australis primer, they both seem okay for me, but then again I rarely wear makeup..

If you're ever looking for a eye primer though, I really recommend Revlon Photoready Eyeprimer! It's so good, eyeshadow lasts all day and night~

omg everything is good from revlon....their cosmetics r pretty awesum......

zicoboo
Post May 28, 2013 @ 11:19 pm

ennexD wrote:
zicoboo wrote:I have MAC Prep+Prime and then a cheap Australis primer, they both seem okay for me, but then again I rarely wear makeup..

omg everything is good from revlon....their cosmetics r pretty awesum......

The eyeprimer is actually the only revlon product I've tried, revlon is really expensive here. Do you know if their foundation is any good? I would normally just use BB Cream but I don't have any left, so I need to buy something else >.<

minglalaming
Post May 28, 2013 @ 11:20 pm

Truekma wrote:
minglalaming wrote:

hmm no, it's definately a bit thicker and creamier! Basically, it did it's job for the price so I can't complain. Smashbox was definitely better - and now they have a whole range of different types of primers that do different things!

Hmm okay. I'm a bit on the oily side and the weather here is really humid so I try to stay away from makeups with thick consistency. Lol I know, makes deciding and choosing even harder.

minglalaming
Post May 28, 2013 @ 11:25 pm

ennexD wrote:i use alverde makeup primer...but not sure if you know what am i talking about since this brand is popular in europe....
the pic is large tho....

it's really good and it absordes into the skin pretty fast....i use it bcuz it's compatible with my foundation and i'm usin bourjois flower perfection

it covers all defects....but all bcuz of this primer that i'm using rite now....i tried manhattan and laura mericer...it was awful

I'm positive we don't have alverde here. How awful was Laura Mercier?