Back to Top!

Is pop a welcoming place for solo male singers ? Seems like females dominate pop

For all Non-Korean entertainment discussion: Hollywood, Jpop, Cpop, etc.
combover
Post Aug 06, 2013 @ 6:45 pm

Akio wrote:
combover wrote:
Akio wrote:You forgot about Elton John. He was wearing crazy stuff before Gaga came around. And he's a guy.

And Boy George

I also feel stupid for forgetting about Elton John...but I personally don't know Boy George that well xD

I dunno though, I would say Elton John was more rock genre than pop, same with Bowie, and we see a lot of random over the top stuff from rock in the 70s and 80s so I guess it was more common place, but I don't think I've really seen anything like that in pop music, but I'm pretty forgetful so there has to be a bunch

That could be true. The only guy I know doing stuff like that now is like Cee Lo Green.

Cee Lo works it though because he gets all the pussy

Akio
Post Aug 06, 2013 @ 6:48 pm

combover wrote:
Akio wrote:
combover wrote:Cee Lo works it though because he gets all the pussy

He's like the Prince of today. Cause Prince was fruity as ever but he got all the chicks.

Groups I Don't like
Crayon Pop Ukiss Teen Top 2pm Super Junior
combover
Post Aug 06, 2013 @ 6:50 pm

Akio wrote:
combover wrote:
Akio wrote:

He's like the Prince of today. Cause Prince was fruity as ever but he got all the chicks.

The best part about Prince was he had like the high pitched super quiet voice and was like 5'1 and was still a sex symbol. Gives hope to everybody