Back to Top!

Selca vs. Selfie

Post selcas of kpop idols or yourself for feedback
Poll: Which do you prefer?
Selca [25] (86%)
Selfie [4] (14%)
Total votes : 29
Yaayanee
Post Jan 25, 2014 @ 7:43 pm

UlzzangNicky wrote:
Yaayanee wrote:It's literally the same thing. I don't understand this question or these responses.


Yes they are the same, but Selfies are taken by preteens or Paris Hilton on Twitter and Selcas are taken by boss b*tches and posted on K-pop sites ......like instagram.

No. I'm assuming you're just joking, but in case you're not - selfie and selca are the exact same thing and done by the same types of people.

This thread makes this place sound like such koreaboos.

UlzzangNicky
Post Jan 25, 2014 @ 7:58 pm

Yaayanee wrote:
UlzzangNicky wrote:
Yaayanee wrote:It's literally the same thing. I don't understand this question or these responses.


Yes they are the same, but Selfies are taken by preteens or Paris Hilton on Twitter and Selcas are taken by boss b*tches and posted on K-pop sites ......like instagram.

No. I'm assuming you're just joking, but in case you're not - selfie and selca are the exact same thing and done by the same types of people/

This thread makes this place sound like such koreaboos.


Lol I was just kidding! Aren't koreaboos good for K-Pop sites anyway lol? And yes I know they are the same thing done by the same kinds of people, but selcas are known as self taken pictures by someone affiliated with K-pop and selfies are basically for everyone.


Yaayanee
Post Jan 25, 2014 @ 8:01 pm

UlzzangNicky wrote:
Yaayanee wrote:
UlzzangNicky wrote:
Yes they are the same, but Selfies are taken by preteens or Paris Hilton on Twitter and Selcas are taken by boss b*tches and posted on K-pop sites ......like instagram.

No. I'm assuming you're just joking, but in case you're not - selfie and selca are the exact same thing and done by the same types of people/

This thread makes this place sound like such koreaboos.


Lol I was just kidding! Aren't koreaboos good for K-Pop sites anyway lol? And yes I know they are the same thing done by the same kinds of people, but selcas are known as self taken pictures by someone affiliated with K-pop and selfies are basically for everyone.

I figured. LOL And nah, koreaboos are obsessed, delusional K-stuff fans, they're not good for anything.

UlzzangNicky
Post Jan 25, 2014 @ 8:05 pm

Yaayanee wrote:
UlzzangNicky wrote:
Yaayanee wrote:No. I'm assuming you're just joking, but in case you're not - selfie and selca are the exact same thing and done by the same types of people/

This thread makes this place sound like such koreaboos.


Lol I was just kidding! Aren't koreaboos good for K-Pop sites anyway lol? And yes I know they are the same thing done by the same kinds of people, but selcas are known as self taken pictures by someone affiliated with K-pop and selfies are basically for everyone.

I figured. LOL And nah, koreaboos are obsessed, delusional K-stuff fans, they're not good for anything.


Oh urban dictionary says that they are people indulged in the Hallyu wave or Korean wave. They must have been using the term 'indulge' in a friendly way lol. I only use the term selca in front of K-pop fans, I secretly thought it was kinda stupid to use if your not an idol lol shhh


Yaayanee
Post Jan 25, 2014 @ 8:10 pm

UlzzangNicky wrote:
Yaayanee wrote:
UlzzangNicky wrote:
Lol I was just kidding! Aren't koreaboos good for K-Pop sites anyway lol? And yes I know they are the same thing done by the same kinds of people, but selcas are known as self taken pictures by someone affiliated with K-pop and selfies are basically for everyone.

I figured. LOL And nah, koreaboos are obsessed, delusional K-stuff fans, they're not good for anything.


Oh urban dictionary says that they are people indulged in the Hallyu wave or Korean wave. They must have been using the term 'indulge' in a friendly way lol. I only use the term selca in front of K-pop fans, I secretly thought it was kinda stupid to use if your not an idol lol shhh

UD is putting it lightly, koreaboos are extreme KPOP/K-drama fans that gives the rest of us a bad name. Think of otaku or weeaboo for J-stuff.

I'm fine with peeps using either word, but this thread is confusing, there's a lot of people preferring selca when it's the exact same thing as selfie, it's just one's in Korean and the other is in English.

UlzzangNicky
Post Jan 25, 2014 @ 8:17 pm

Yaayanee wrote:
UlzzangNicky wrote:
Yaayanee wrote:I figured. LOL And nah, koreaboos are obsessed, delusional K-stuff fans, they're not good for anything.


Oh urban dictionary says that they are people indulged in the Hallyu wave or Korean wave. They must have been using the term 'indulge' in a friendly way lol. I only use the term selca in front of K-pop fans, I secretly thought it was kinda stupid to use if your not an idol lol shhh

UD is putting it lightly, koreaboos are extreme KPOP/K-drama fans that gives the rest of us a bad name. Think of otaku or weeaboo for J-stuff.

I'm fine with peeps using either word, but this thread is confusing, there's a lot of people preferring selca when it's the exact same thing as selfie, it's just one's in Korean and the other is in English.


Oh my god really like otakus? So basically they are 'indulged' sesaengs? And lol I know they are the same meaning, but since I am not Korean and not in Korea I think selca should only be used in K-pop forums or convos in Korean lol. Using it regularly in my daily life seems weird because its kinda like going up to a friend who I know doesn't speak Korean and start spatting out Korean words. But in all and all I think both words are kinda stupid lol.


Yaayanee
Post Jan 25, 2014 @ 8:29 pm

Sonni_Daze wrote:
Yaayanee wrote:
UlzzangNicky wrote:
Yes they are the same, but Selfies are taken by preteens or Paris Hilton on Twitter and Selcas are taken by boss b*tches and posted on K-pop sites ......like instagram.

No. I'm assuming you're just joking, but in case you're not - selfie and selca are the exact same thing and done by the same types of people.

This thread makes this place sound like such koreaboos.


Huh? Koreaboos are people who act/think like they're korean but are not. We're just talking and joking about a words, so how do we sound like koreaboos?

That and koreaboos generally disses most other things and only praises Korean things similar to what this thread is doing. Selca and selfie is like the exact same thing, just one is in Korean, the other in English, yet so many responses here diss selfie as if it's inherently different than selca. Sounds koreaboo-ish to me.

UlzzangNicky
Post Jan 25, 2014 @ 8:37 pm

Sonni_Daze wrote:
UlzzangNicky wrote:
Yaayanee wrote:UD is putting it lightly, koreaboos are extreme KPOP/K-drama fans that gives the rest of us a bad name. Think of otaku or weeaboo for J-stuff.

I'm fine with peeps using either word, but this thread is confusing, there's a lot of people preferring selca when it's the exact same thing as selfie, it's just one's in Korean and the other is in English.


Oh my god really like otakus? So basically they are 'indulged' sesaengs? And lol I know they are the same meaning, but since I am not Korean and not in Korea I think selca should only be used in K-pop forums or convos in Korean lol. Using it regularly in my daily life seems weird because its kinda like going up to a friend who I know doesn't speak Korean and start spatting out Korean words. But in all and all I think both words are kinda stupid lol.


Yeah 'koreaboo' is not a good thing, so I'm kinda insulted that we've been accused of acting like them. Btw I say selca in public, Korea doesn't own that word so I don't see a problem with using it out loud. It's like if a Korean person said 'selfie' it doesn't mean they're trying to be western, it's just a preference.


Yeah it's basically like mixing languages and it's cute and I use both but I use selfie more often in english convos. I think the whole meaning of the word in any language is stupid but I love it lol. It's kinda like totes and obvi, both stupid yet so cute.


UlzzangNicky
Post Jan 25, 2014 @ 8:42 pm

Yaayanee wrote:
Sonni_Daze wrote:
Yaayanee wrote:No. I'm assuming you're just joking, but in case you're not - selfie and selca are the exact same thing and done by the same types of people.

This thread makes this place sound like such koreaboos.


Huh? Koreaboos are people who act/think like they're korean but are not. We're just talking and joking about a words, so how do we sound like koreaboos?

That and koreaboos generally disses most other things and only praises Korean things similar to what this thread is doing. Selca and selfie is like the exact same thing, just one is in Korean, the other in English, yet so many responses here diss selfie as if it's inherently different than selca. Sounds koreaboo-ish to me.


I don't think they were dissing it in a way of saying its different but more so sharing their opinions on which way they thinks sounds 'better'. You can't argue with taste, I think they mostly like the sound of selfie more I guess, which isn't obsessing over stuff that is Korea related. Like when idols have songs out that have English saying or words it not that they are obsessing over things in other cultures but because it sounds 'cooler' for that song although it makes no difference which language its in.


UlzzangNicky
Post Jan 25, 2014 @ 8:42 pm

Sonni_Daze wrote:
UlzzangNicky wrote:
Sonni_Daze wrote:

Yeah 'koreaboo' is not a good thing, so I'm kinda insulted that we've been accused of acting like them. Btw I say selca in public, Korea doesn't own that word so I don't see a problem with using it out loud. It's like if a Korean person said 'selfie' it doesn't mean they're trying to be western, it's just a preference.


Yeah it's basically like mixing languages and it's cute and I use both but I use selfie more often in english convos. I think the whole meaning of the word in any language is stupid but I love it lol. It's kinda like totes and obvi, both stupid yet so cute.


Don't forget "fetch!" :lol:


Yes fetch also!! :lol: