Back to Top!
Search found more than 1377 matches
Five I respect the challenges that this group takes and its unfortunate that they don't receive the recognition that they do. With drumming, tap dancing and now, pole dancing; they've definitely contested themselves more than any other group. Jump to forumJump to topic
Five You've survived in that hell hole for too long.

Welcome.
Post subject: Re: Hi Everyone [Akp Refugee] Posted: Jun 19, 2013 @ 10:54 pm
Jump to forumJump to topic
Five I think EXO will deliver the best album, second year in a row. MAMA delivered everything I wanted in an album from the hard-hitting to the low-tempo tracks. There was genuinely nothing to dislike. I think the consistent irony in both albums is that every track is, in my opinion, better than the promotional track. XOXO is such a good album that Wolf somehow caught on to be a tolerable track. Even more so than 365, which is the worst track on the album for its unlikeable One Direction reminiscent elements. Overall, I think XOXO is a tad better because it left some unexpected surprises and there are more tracks to love.

I've pre-ordered XOXO so don't slam me.
Post subject: Re: MAMA > XOXO Posted: May 30, 2013 @ 7:07 am
Five As beautiful as it sounds, there wasn't a single instrumental track on the album.

Can't imagine vocals touching the song without ruining it.
Post subject: Re: I am disappointed in EXO's album. Posted: May 30, 2013 @ 7:22 am
Five To be honest, I like the refined version a lot more. The background dubstep during the chorus is the best part. That 'saranghaeyo' part is horrible, though.
Post subject: Re: Rant: Exo Posted: May 30, 2013 @ 7:31 am
Five Without a doubt it is a publicity stunt. Too much was leaked, consecutively I might add. Speaking of which, does that mean that Edison Chen wanted his scandal to be leaked once he handed in his laptop for repairs?

Having raised the subject, I don't understand why some EXO fans so passionately raid everyone with their whole 'support the artist' speech. Its not like they in that 0.001% of people who don't actively pirate music, leaked or not. If people will buy the album, they will. So I only have reason to believe the hype and publicity garnering this leak only promotes the album.
Five I'm glad the MV didn't turn out to be anything like the first teaser where they're having a go at each other.

The choreo makes me like the song a little bit more.
Post subject: Re: So um... EXO's Wolf is still uncomfortable for me to hear/watch Posted: May 30, 2013 @ 7:15 am
Five I'd say that along with the planned leak of the album, the plans for Wolf was also planned to be a hard-hitting, unlikeable track. It is definitely one of those definitive hit or miss tracks with listeners. You either love it or hate it and as we know, hate is more of an exposure weapon than love is.

I understand why SM pulled the move that they did. Market the worst song on the album and counterbalance it with songs that will probably equate to the best album this year. The leak follows the same formula. I think that they leaked Wolf to piss everyone off for a few months and when they grabbed crowd attention, they leaked the entire album, leaving us surprised that the tables have turned for this group.

It is a genius move, even if we don't necessarily like it. Heart Attack is damn amazing, btw.
Post subject: Re: Why didn't SM make Heart Attack EXO's title track? Posted: May 30, 2013 @ 5:32 pm
Five It is a deliberate decision and I think it works.

I think that if you deliver the 'best' song that everyone loves, you oversell the entire album and expect it to deliver the same kind of standard. It is called overselling. That has been one of the big issues with SNSD, in my opinion. Their title tracks were catchy, addictive and popular for a reason. However, they usually followed with an array of cutesy and ballad influenced songs that never really grabbed me with the exception of a few. I own their Genie mini-album and still don't remember any other track. Fortunately, SNSD's Japanese albums have been great.

EXO's XOXO album is the inverse of this 'formula'. Every song on the album is fantastic other than the title track. Thus, the title track 'undersells' the album. Wolf was definitely planned for its bittersweet hatred because the caliber of the album is a huge silver-lining that makes people talk so passionately about how the title track is so unreflective of the album.
Post subject: Re: [rant/discuss] SM needs to pick better singles for their artist. Posted: May 30, 2013 @ 6:15 pm
Five Rich fans? Come on people, it's like you're trying to find an excuse to dismiss the fact that they have a fantastic album. They deserve that high number but it makes me chuckle that they couldn't just wait a few minutes/hours until it actually reached 300k.
Post subject: Re: So exo's album already has 300,000 pre-orders?.... Posted: May 30, 2013 @ 6:34 pm
Five lol.

Post subject: Seohyun Prank. Posted: Jun 02, 2013 @ 4:13 am
Five I understand that the title track isn't always the best song but that doesn't mean that the 'better' songs are more marketable or conceptualized for a title track. For example, My Lady/Baby Don't Cry wouldn't have solid choreography and not all members would fit in, vocally, with the song.

Sometimes the underdog tracks become more recognised for what it is and in this instance, My Lady/Baby Don't Cry have received more positive recognition than Wolf has. I get why Wolf was the title track and over a careful listen, it isn't all that bad. It's a track to wake up in the morning with. It's robust and very 'love or hate'. It brings out the publicity to bring in recognition for the non-title tracks.

Most labels have gotten it 'right' but from the top of my head, Girls&Peace shouldn't have been the title track of SNSD's Japanese album, but its debatable on whether that is considered KPOP.
Post subject: Re: Non Title Track Songs, That Should've been the Title Track Posted: Jun 03, 2013 @ 6:51 pm
Five Woaw, Poison sounds sick as.
Post subject: Re: Come on guys... GD is a great rapper.... Posted: Jun 04, 2013 @ 12:22 am
Five This album is off the hook to the point where I might consider buying it.

It's incredible, though the only thing it can be criticised for is the lack of musical range. It does have very consistent songs that are partially reminiscent of some of the tracks in 'XOXO'. Fingers crossed this doesn't become a pattern for Super Junior's comeback.
Post subject: Re: Henry's Mini Album "Trap" Highlight Medley Posted: Jun 04, 2013 @ 6:06 am
Five What kind of kid's show is this?

Personal space, man.
Post subject: Re: [NB] Onew harassed on a kid's show Posted: Jun 04, 2013 @ 10:49 pm
Five He deserves some attention.

Rewind is my most played track on repeat, this year.
Post subject: Re: Double K appreciation thread Posted: Jun 05, 2013 @ 3:58 am
Five Been listening to rap/collabs for the past day or two since some of you have linked some great ones. Decided to share some older tracks. If you haven't heard these already, these are some musical gems from lyrical geniuses.

MC Sniper
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D75ClIcbh4A

Untouchable / Narsha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxDeW0Af9DI

Verbal Jint / Sanchez
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wns2mn0kcQ

Dynamic Duo, Epik High & Simon D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o4qa2jFLns
Post subject: Rappin' Posted: Jun 05, 2013 @ 4:18 am
Five Hahahah the general reception for K-Hip Hop here on Kps is so much warmer than what it was on Akp
happy to see K-Hip Hop getting spread
The only problem with K-HH is when they use some other beautiful model to lip sync in their vids, rather than the feature. It's like that little girl from the Beijing Olympics all over again. But then again, it isn't a predicament to the music. Don't even know if idol group rappers are capable of pulling off this caliber of rapping.

lol, AKP's forum. I won't even go there.
Post subject: Re: Posted: Jun 05, 2013 @ 4:32 am
Five Hahahah the general reception for K-Hip Hop here on Kps is so much warmer than what it was on Akp
happy to see K-Hip Hop getting spread
The only problem with K-HH is when they use some other beautiful model to lip sync in their vids, rather than the feature. It's like that little girl from the Beijing Olympics all over again. But then again, it isn't a predicament to the music. Idol groups should face this direction if they want their rappers to be well acknowledged.

lol, AKP's forum. I won't even go there.

hahah the best K-Hip hop comes from even deeper, you should invest time in digging deeper into the genre, the music is really stunning
a lot of artists dont even release music videos, or they just release very low budget videos of themselves in the streets, roofs, studios etc, but the music is just kjhkefejhke
So I've heard. I have a few Korean mates who rap for the respect of the art.

Wish I knew the language because the lyrics sound like months, if not, years of dedication.
Post subject: Re: Re: Posted: Jun 05, 2013 @ 4:46 am
Five

You should come by the OneHallyu hip hop thread, me and a few others post there often, we all update it with the newest releases (justica is also a frequent poster in the thread there), I tried a hip hop thread here but it only lived for a few days hahaha
You can see if you find anything you like
http://kpopselca.com/forum/k-pop/k-hip-hop-thread-t1227/
Cheers, I'll try to fit in the time for it. In a heavy exam period at the moment so I was digging through tracks to keep myself pumped, lol.

The Cypher collab does wonders in psyching you up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o4qa2jFLns
Post subject: Re: Re: Posted: Jun 05, 2013 @ 4:58 am