Back to Top!
Search found 57 matches
Veritas http://www.24gb.de/Gallery/welcome/01-welcome.gif

To the Official Anime/Manga/Manhwa/etc Recommendation Thread

What is this Thread?

This is a place where you can ask for recommendations of all genre's, don't be shy we don't bite (if you give us no reason to..)

The goal of this thread is to help all readers who just finished an awesome manga for example and don't know which one to read next.. etc..

Well so now let me start with my recommendations first..

(I will recommend some rather unpopular mangas,etc.. because I think most people already know death note..)

1. Shingeki No Kyojin - Anime (there also exists an manga)

[img]http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/4392605/shingeki-no-kyojin-o.gif
[/img]

What is it about?

Several hundred years ago, humans were nearly exterminated by giants. Giants are typically several stories tall, seem to have no intelligence, devour human beings and, worst of all, seem to do it for the pleasure rather than as a food source. A small percentage of humanity survived by walling themselves in a city protected by extremely high walls, even taller than the biggest of giants.

Flash forward to the present and the city has not seen a giant in over 100 years. Teenage boy Elen and his foster sister Mikasa witness something horrific as the city walls are destroyed by a super giant that appears out of thin air. As the smaller giants flood the city, the two kids watch in horror as their mother is eaten alive. Elen vows that he will murder every single giant and take revenge for all of mankind.

Nominated for the 4th Manga Taisho Awards (2011) and winner of the 35th annual Kodansha Manga award for Best Shounen.

2. Toukyou Kushu - Manga

[img]cover.jpg?1367369941[/img]

What is it about?

Strange murders are happening in Tokyo. Due to liquid evidence at the scene, the police conclude the attacks are the results of 'eater' type ghouls. College buddies Kaneki and Hide come up with the idea that ghouls are imitating humans so that's why they haven't ever seen one. Little did they know that their theory may very well become reality.

3.Feng Shen Ji - Manhua

[img]cover.jpg?1367627703[/img]

What is it about?

The Great Shang dynasty has been in power for many years but the Gods find fault with the new emperor. Instead of submitting to their will at the expense of his people, the Emperor resolves to throw off the Gods' yoke and free humanity. However, not only the Gods but a rival, the young Zhou who submits to the Gods' will for his own purposes will face him!

The fate of the dynasty, nay, the fate of all humanity will be determined by this great battle between the forces of Heaven and Earth!

4.Akame Ga Kiru - Manga

[img]002_9tg.jpeg[/img]

Akame is a fighter who just got robbed by a pretty girl, but his luck seems to be looking up, as another pretty girl has taken him in. What he doesn’t know is that this girl is about to be visited by a family of assassins (including the girl who robbed him) and they might be the good guys, and be recruiting...

5. Gamaran - Manga

[img]gamaran-633202.jpg[/img]

What is it about?

Middle Edo Period -- One state becomes the gathering place for sinful martial artists, who believ in nothing other than power, know of no other way of life other than letting oneself go wild in the battle. That state is the Unabara State, the \'Haunt of Demons\' Washitzu Naosata, the ruler of the powerful state, Unabara, is looking for his successor. He calls upons all his 31 sons, and tell them to search for whoever they believe to be the strongest martial artist of all. Each of their chosen martial artists then are to fight against each other until only one is left standing. Whoever is the winner, whoever has the strongest martial artist in nation by his side will become his successor . . . Out in the midst of the mountain is the doujo of the \'Daigame Ryuu\' (Giant Tortoise Style). There lives Kurogane Gama, the son of the legendary swordsman, Kurogane Jinsuke, who is believed to be able to kill 1000 martial artists in Unabara. There, one of the son of Washitzu Naosata, Washitzu Naoshi, comes in search of the legendary swordsman, only to find that he had gone missing several years ago. After seeing the battle style of Gama, he instead chooses to ask Gama to come with him. Wanting to become stronger, Gama agrees to his offer, and that marks the beginning of Gama\'s battle to become the strongest of all . . .

6. Veritas - Manhwa

[img]1zg6k1u.png[/img]

What is it about?

Gangryong is a high schooler; unlike others, he has always had a dream of being the strongest. One day he meets Youcheon, who teaches him a powerful skill. One year later, people come to see him and announce that his "master" is dead. Because he was his only student, Gangryong has to follow them and go to a school where everybody has supernatural powers.

Otakus, Mangalovers, etc gather here :grin: :grin:
Post subject: Official Anime/Manga/Manhwa/Manhua/etc Recommendation Thread Posted: May 19, 2013 @ 10:47 pm
Jump to forumJump to topic
Veritas Why do people always spam begging for subtitles on programs,dramas,etc. on the day the program just came out..in Korea.. At that point the raw stuff is barely up on download sites in Korea, is it that hard to wait. It's just so irritating, rude, ungrateful, etc..If you happen to be one of these people I'm sorry I offended you, but the fact remains every time you spam that question I have no doubt the person who uploads all these files get pissed off to no end. If I were the uploader I would stop for a few days to shit on this people who complain so much

Or is this not worth complaining?

Share your thoughts

Discuss
Post subject: Do you hate people who spam for subtitles? Posted: May 19, 2013 @ 11:48 pm
Veritas
Post subject: Re: Official Fuckable Sunny thread Posted: May 20, 2013 @ 12:29 am
Veritas (If this already exists, sorry)
Can we get an OTP Section or an subsection for example under the Celebrity Gossip? Where all shippers can post their ships?
Are you for or against it?

Share your thoughts
Discuss
Post subject: Couples/OTP/Etc. Section? [Solved] Posted: May 20, 2013 @ 1:43 am
Veritas Source please?
And don't troll eunduklee you guys always say 2-3 hours but then it takes days..
Post subject: Re: The new AKP forums are up in 10 minutes. Posted: May 20, 2013 @ 2:06 am
Veritas for the time being

Do you think they should update this to not confuse their members? Like crossing tokyohive out
Post subject: And if you're really bored, try invading our other sites.. Posted: May 20, 2013 @ 5:38 am
Veritas Nobody is thankful for someone like you
Post subject: Re: How do i get on the most thanked list? Posted: May 20, 2013 @ 5:47 am
Veritas Sometimes you only realize how great and important something is when you lose it.. unfortunatelly too late
R.I.P
Post subject: Re: OMG I hope you said your last goodbyes to tokyohive Posted: May 20, 2013 @ 5:57 am
Veritas Throwing out all annoying members
Let's start with you cupcake
Post subject: Re: Best suggestion to improve the forums! Posted: May 20, 2013 @ 6:41 am
Veritas I thought of tomato
Everyone is better than him
Post subject: Re: I have a feeling this will end very badly. Posted: May 20, 2013 @ 6:45 am
Veritas Hey baby let's commit the perfect crime, I steal your heart and you mine?

This only shows that my username is worth stealing
I like Veritas more anyways
Post subject: Re: voldemin, you mad gurl? Posted: May 20, 2013 @ 7:40 am
Veritas
Heaven17 wrote:
Veritas wrote:Hey baby let's commit the perfect crime, I steal your heart and you mine?

This only shows that my username is worth stealing
I like Veritas more anyways

Help me!
Unless you're not cured...then I'm screwed

Cut it off
Post subject: Re: voldemin, you mad gurl? Posted: May 20, 2013 @ 7:45 am
Veritas Do you really rate your bias objective?
Post subject: Re: i'm done playing nice Posted: May 20, 2013 @ 7:44 am
Veritas Someone stole my name

411/voldemin-you-mad-gurl-t770/
Post subject: Re: akp refugees Posted: May 20, 2013 @ 7:53 am
Veritas I'm a bit shy

SHOW SPOILER Me in my younger days

Continue the list with your own pics/selcas please
Post subject: Show us that thing you call a face/selca Posted: May 20, 2013 @ 8:39 am
Veritas Xiahnism + Agnostic

Post subject: Re: Your view on Religion? Posted: May 20, 2013 @ 8:40 am
Veritas Can we get a button where we can set a certain font, color, etc. when we are writing? ( this doesn't only changes the writing color, font, etc. for one response then but forever -> we will use the same font, color, etc. for everytime we post something and don't have to do it over and over again)

Why?

Because lazy user like me don't have time to edit their post everytime they post something..

For example:

Hello

(With the button everytime you write it will be)

Hello

So should this be added or not?

(If this was already posted or already exists.. then sorry..)

Share your thoughts
Discuss
Post subject: Customizable "Writing" Button? Posted: May 20, 2013 @ 9:05 am
Veritas But he knows exactly what he's doing just like KKS
Post subject: Re: Ok,take your times Johnny... Posted: May 20, 2013 @ 9:10 am
Veritas It's just 2-3 hours
:drool: :drool:
Post subject: Re: Johnny closed down TH without reopening AKP Posted: May 20, 2013 @ 5:13 am
Veritas Another scenario would be when someone posts a penis, everything non selca related instead of a selca, I saw that in the morning
Post subject: Re: This is why I denied your selca Posted: May 20, 2013 @ 9:33 am