Back to Top!
Search found more than 1276 matches
moonbeam
TonyTonyChopper wrote:The first time I heard this song I thought it was quite good. That quickly changed when the radio discovered it...

..I thought only I hate this song..fortunately there are more ppl who hate it.. :lol:
Post subject: Re: What is the most annoying song you've ever heard Posted: Jun 17, 2014 @ 2:31 pm
Jump to forumJump to topic
Yaayanee I chose to go to Japan instead of SK last year even though I'm more into K-stuff then and now.
Post subject: Re: Korea or Japan, I can't decide Posted: Jun 17, 2014 @ 3:14 pm
moonbeam ..I'm more for South Korea..I've been planing on studying in Korea for a while..I'm a huge fan of anime, so because of that I've learned some Japanese words..but when it comes to learning language I've learned more of Korean just by watching only one drama..so because of that I'll always choose S. Korea.. <3
Post subject: Re: Korea or Japan, I can't decide Posted: Jun 17, 2014 @ 3:21 pm
thomasemile I did both a high school exchange in Japan and am currently studying at a university in Seoul on an exchange.
It's hard to choose a country if you have not been to both of them before, but I can give my view on the situation.

To put it short, I prefer South-Korea (and especially Seoul) to live long-term and I prefer Japan for traveling. I agree with some of the things you listed down. Japanese and Korean are about as hard to become fluent in for most people. However, it is easier to speak Japanese at an intermediate level (while ignoring most of the Kanji) than it is to speak Korean at an intermediate level. The pronounciation of Japanese is clearer and it is a easier to understand. However, Korean may seem easier because of the Hangul, but the speaking and listening part of Korean is much harder than that of Japanese (in my opinion).

You shouldn't base your country of choice on either the love for manga/anime or kpop. The novelty of seeing where all of your favorite kpop members of anime characters come from are gone after a certain time. You can always follow the fandom in any country through the internet, to be honest (although it is of course fun to be able to participate in more events and activities).

I agree on the quirky stuff of Japan, but that is also why I prefer Korea to live. While I stayed in Japan for a long time, I could still feel an outsider many times. It is a very high-technical country, but the way people look, interact and treat you makes you often feel more different than in many other places around the world, although it also very much depends if you are in a big city or in the rural areas of Japan. It is very fascinating and it is a super comfortable country to live in. The history is awesome, there is so much to see and to do and the food is great. That's why I love traveling in Japan.

I don't really agree on the fact that it's harder to befriend Japanese people than Korean people, but I do think that Korean people are socially a little less tense. Koreans are, especially when drinking (which they do a lot lol) a lot more direct and inviting than many Japanese. Japanese people are known to be very polite of course, which is very convenient and feels very good while traveling, but in the end, Korean people feel a little bit more real.

As for the cost of living, Japan is much much cheaper due to the Abenomics, but still, Korea is a little less expensive. Housing in Korea definitely is cheaper. And food in both countries is awesomeeeee. But if you are coming to Korea, you should be pretty good with spicy food. That's around 2/3 of everything they serve here haha. And it is true that you almost have to eat with at least 2 people, but there are many cheap local eateries that really do not care about you eating alone.

I hope this helps you a little.. It's all only my opinion though, so I hope that it won't sound like Im stating facts. Good luck!
Post subject: Re: Korea or Japan, I can't decide Posted: Jun 17, 2014 @ 5:18 pm
littlejay I can't compare the two cause I've only been to South Korea once and it was a short stay. They treated me well though. When I first walked out of the plane to the airport, I walked up to an empty desk to use a pen and some Korean girl ran up to me yelling "I'm SORRY! I COMING" and she was this beautiful Korean lady who worked the desk. She asked me where I'm from and stuff and I think she was flirting with me. I'm not Korean but I'm asian. She knew i was a foreigner.

She offered to get a taxi cab for me and I said okay. The taxi was free. The hotel room was free. The lunch was free. I can't complain about that.

She followed me to my hotel room and the whole time she was pretty much flirting with me. Even the 2 girls at the hotel desk who checked me in were flirting with me. I don't know if it's because I'm like above average looking over there or because they're just thirsty.

Anyways, the toilets had the squirting thing so it was pretty high tech toilets. I squirted my ass a few times. Where I was staying it was pretty quiet and relaxing but I think inside Seoul city there are a lot of noise and its more club/party environment.
Post subject: Re: Korea or Japan, I can't decide Posted: Jun 17, 2014 @ 5:35 pm
Caitielyn OH MY GOD... this is getting out of hand. People need to grow up and move on Jump to forumJump to topic
intothesnsdworld Hello everyone! So, I am new to this forum (as you can see). My name is Mary and I am 14 years old, I am British. My favourite girl group is Girls' Generation <3 I don't have a bias, it used to be Seohyun, then Tiffany, then Jessica, and now I think it's Sunny but I love them all you know (: they are my inspiration for every thing <3 I also like Rainbow! and I love their song "Sunshine" it's awesome :) What I like to do: I like to spend my entire day on Internet, I like to sing and I like to dance, in fact, I am searching for girls to join my Internet girl group, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VDZEAm5kyE <--- I'm explaining everything there, just watch it if you like to sing/dance. Anyway, I want to make a lot of friends here, here in the U.K. there aren't a lot of people who like K-Pop, so I don't have people to fangirl with haha. Thank you for reading this please introduce yourself so we can be friends :DD
Post subject: Hello "let me introduce myself" (: Posted: Jul 10, 2014 @ 11:30 pm
averysortoflovely Hello!! 안녕하세요!!
I am a new member of kpopselca. I love k pop and my favorite k pop group is BigBang. I love T.O.P so much!!! :smooch: I love you T.O.P.
I am from Bosnia and Herzegovina. I love eating food and watching k dramas ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KxXPjEDcC4 This is my cover of Taeyang's Eyes, Nose, Lips. I hope you will watch it :please:
<3 Thank you for taking time to read this
I forgot about this: You'll know about my name later. I am still young so I don't have permission to share it.
Have a good day, bye!
Post subject: I am a new member Posted: Jul 11, 2014 @ 8:00 am
Starlight Hello, I'm new here, as you can probably guess. My name is Ashley and I'm 21 years old. I've been a fan of Kpop since June of 2012, so a little over two years now. My favorite groups are Exo, VIXX, and F(x). Some other groups I like are 2NE1, SNSD, SHINee, Miss A, AOA, BTS, Orange Caramel, Mamamoo, Girls Day, and so on. I'm sure I forgot some, but oh well. It's nice to meet you all, I hope we'll get along well, and if you have any questions feel free to ask~
Post subject: Hiya~ Posted: Jul 09, 2014 @ 12:32 pm
Starlight
TonyTonyChopper wrote:Welcome to the forum! I like SNSD, SHINee and EXO as well, have you chosen your biases yet? Or as Ollivander would put it "It's not the fan who chooses their bias, their bias chooses them"

My ultimate biases are Tao and Leo, SNSD bias is Sunny, and SHINee bias is Key~
Post subject: Re: Hiya~ Posted: Jul 12, 2014 @ 5:18 am
Chipscherie Hello ! I'm Chpischerie, I live in France and my English is really bad . . . Sorry ! ^_^*
I registered in order to better monitor the activity of idols Coréene ^ ^
Thank you google translation !
Post subject: Vous pouvez m'apprendre à utiliser ce site please ? Posted: Jul 13, 2014 @ 5:05 am
MirUsako
Official Girl's Day YouTube

Post subject: Girl's Day - 'Darling' MV Released Posted: Jul 13, 2014 @ 7:11 am
boa578 http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-z0DUy0Srj5c/U8OgtZfax-I/AAAAAAAAv54/nBJlDkMrq0w/s1600/2014714162404ucgegg_T5_87531_99_20140714163003.jpg

Article: "Dressed up vs Dressed down"... SNSD's airport fashion

Source: Dispatch via Naver

1. [+2,918, -312] Departing from Taeyeon's scandal and all that, her face has changed a lot...

2. [+2,256, -363] Taeyeon's gained a lot of weight. Has she been visiting tasty restaurants with Baekhyun lately?

3. [+1,952, -307] Why does Taeyeon look so old lately

4. [+1,210, -146] No comments yet featured on the main page...

5. [+309, -44] Taeyeon certainly looks dressed up..

6. [+257, -38] I don't think Tiffany's bare faced..

7. [+279, -64] Taeyeon's face has changed so much... I don't think anyone seeing her for the first time would recognize her past photos.

8. [+216, -31] Yoona's gotten so thin ㅠㅠ

9. [+221, -68] Jessica and Yoona are a wall...

10. [+172, -46] Yoona looks so slender and feminine

-
Post subject: SNSD airport fashion Posted: Jul 14, 2014 @ 10:49 am
Unique http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJoRZOK18Fg
North Korea wins the group stage and will play with Portugal (playoff) in the FIFA World Cup in Brazil

격전의 경기에서 흰색 유니폼을 입은 북조선 팀은 중국을 2 x 0으로 승리하면서 해당

조에서 1 위로 등극했다. 공격수 종태세의 2번의 아름다운 골은 우리 국가대표 팀을 정상에

올려놨다.

Edit; K-netz found out this video was dubbed with a South Korean accent, so it seems it was a joke by SK

They won 7-0 against Japan, 4-0 against USA and 2-0 against China...LOL WHAT???? :lol:
AND WE ARE PLAYING AGAINST THEM? HAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA /dead (In 2010 we won 7-0 though)

(This was uploaded 2 days ago, but I had no idea :o )
Post subject: North Korea won the group stage at the World Cup (LMFAO) Posted: Jul 14, 2014 @ 10:45 am
gwiyomi98 hellow guys...okay im new here ^_^* anyone out there??
Post subject: greetings from me Posted: Jul 17, 2014 @ 5:04 am
Park_RiAn OMG This new website would be great cguro! haha SHOW SPOILER Lets Be FRIEND
I just want to be with those people who are not bad influences to me.
Post subject: :) i'm new ! Please be friendly to me Everyone! <3 Posted: Jul 18, 2014 @ 6:19 am
natch2114 Hi everyone :) im a newbie :) and i hope i will gain lots of friends here :)
Post subject: Newbie Here :) Posted: Jul 19, 2014 @ 10:19 am
natch2114
TonyTonyChopper wrote:Hi and welcome :lol:
And as mentioned previously, I would too really like to know who your favorite groups are and who you bias in them!

Hi :P
my favorite group was EXO and my bias is Kyung Soo <3
Post subject: Re: Newbie Here :) Posted: Jul 19, 2014 @ 9:05 pm
wassaslay Hello everyone, hello, hello, yeah hello to you too.

I am Andre and well uh I thinkyou can see my avatar so now you know which one is and will be my forever group and forever bias. My favourite song of them is Crush and I love you 'cause XX? ;) But musically is Pretty Boy and Don't stop the music, I have so much fun with them. Although in reality I can't chose one.

I like too GOT7, they are awesome; BTS too and History, I like that group a lot even though I can't chose a bias in those three. Oh and in 2PM I really like Chansung (I think that's the way it is written). So if anyone has GIF's from this groups please share to me! Oh oh and I almost forgot, WINNER!! I have a bias there and is the perfect loost-y boy Jinwoo! :D Feel free to omment me bout em :)

I love videogames and I hope to someday work in one. Final Fantasy X is my all time favorite but Mass Effect is closely along with Metal Gear and some more. I don't really like Call of Duty (prefer Spec Ocs, Rainbow Six, etc) or GTA (Saints Row power). I have been practicing graphic desing since 2008-2009 and I'm willing to improve and help to others too.

As a curiosity because usually people do what I expect them to do when I tell this (and now I don't mind to tell it because you don't really know who I am so) : I'm in a long distance relationship (LDR) since almost 4 years and no we haven't seen each other in person, yet. :)

(let's see what happenz hehe!)
Post subject: I like that number even if I don't know what it means but k! Posted: Jul 19, 2014 @ 12:58 pm
daikamama ♥ Best Songs Of Taeyeon (태연) (SNSD) ♥

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yde9Hki-akw&list=UUSeZ0prrY16Y6U57rNb3ZRA
Post subject: ♥ Best Songs Of Taeyeon (SNSD) ♥ Posted: Jul 19, 2014 @ 2:30 pm