Back to Top!
Search found more than 4140 matches
Nova_REMIX Fair enough if they don't like the song ...
But I don't get how it's an undeserving win? Many, many exotics have bought the album and their physical points were really high...the fandom is strong and that's a really important factor.
I guess to them digital + public recognition and opinion >>>>>>>>>> Fandom and physical sales

And I guess I can understand why. It's a lot harder to manipulate digital sales than physical where you can bulk-buy. Plus, the fandom itself is biased. They'll do anything it takes for EXO Planet to win whether the song is generally liked or not, therefore I guess that's why they don't consider their win credible.

And I mean, it doesn't matter if EXO Planet worked hard or not. Every idol in the industry has a schedule and has worked definitely hard. And it also doesn't matter if the rest of the album is good either I guess, because it's not the non-title track songs that'll be remembered for the win. It'll be title track songs. And comparing "Wolf" to "Bounce," "Bad Girls," and "Sunshine" (they were the other contenders), I guess the song pales in comparison.
Post subject: Re: Posted: Jun 14, 2013 @ 9:28 am
Jump to forumJump to topic
Nova_REMIX BoA and Rain. :smooch:
Post subject: Re: which of your biases brought u to kpop? Posted: Jun 14, 2013 @ 11:17 am
Nova_REMIX
I guess to them digital + public recognition and opinion >>>>>>>>>> Fandom and physical sales

And I guess I can understand why. It's a lot harder to manipulate digital sales than physical where you can bulk-buy. Plus, the fandom itself is biased. They'll do anything it takes for EXO Planet to win whether the song is generally liked or not, therefore I guess that's why they don't consider their win credible.

And I mean, it doesn't matter if EXO Planet worked hard or not. Every idol in the industry has a schedule and has worked definitely hard. And it also doesn't matter if the rest of the album is good either I guess, because it's not the non-title track songs that'll be remembered for the win. It'll be title track songs. And comparing "Wolf" to "Bounce," "Bad Girls," and "Sunshine" (they were the other contenders), I guess the song pales in comparison.
I guess yeah, I can understand that idea. But at the same time it's kind of another SJ scenario where the fans think they deserve it so they want them to win - and again we end up with the same 'it's all about the fandom' thing... but I do understand that from outside the fandom it can seem unfair.

But I agree that every idol has worked hard, which is why I say really it depends on how large and dedicated your fandom is : O
Which is why EXO and CL won. Their songs were horrible, but they had strong sturdy fandoms for their win (but CL's win is a tad bit more questionable due to the fact that Inkigayo didn't consider ANY points for B2ST; they were trending even though CL trended farther than B2ST).
Post subject: Re: Re: Posted: Jun 14, 2013 @ 11:14 am
Nova_REMIX
BuYong wrote:
Nova_REMIX wrote:
nugu wrote:Meh and the more I think about it. We should just expect SM groups to win anyways. Because they always win.

Due to the fandom.

Yes, is this a bad thing? They have dedicated fandom, they won because their fans supported them, that's how it should be.

Did I say it was? :-?
Post subject: Re: EXO's #1 Music Bank Win [NB] Posted: Jun 14, 2013 @ 11:08 am
Nova_REMIX Now let's talk about BAP's and VIXX digital sales in comparison to EXO's.

Charts >>>>>>>>> Music Shows
exo did better on charts than vixx and b.a.p
Physically? Sure. Digitally? LOL No. BAP and VIXX placed WAAAAYYYY higher on the charts with their most recent comebacks than "Wolf." Stop kidding yourself.
Post subject: Re: EXO WON #1 TAKE THAT B.A.P and VIXX! Posted: Jun 14, 2013 @ 11:42 am
Nova_REMIX
exo did better on charts than vixx and b.a.p
Physically? Sure. Digitally? LOL No. BAP and VIXX placed WAAAAYYYY higher on the charts with their most recent comebacks than "Wolf." Stop kidding yourself.
LOL Pls Don't fall for this.
He/She is well known troll. His/Her name says it all.
I'm not, but I was in an argumentative mood.
Post subject: Re: EXO WON #1 TAKE THAT B.A.P and VIXX! Posted: Jun 14, 2013 @ 12:45 pm
Nova_REMIX It's obvious that the most memorable rookie group for this year, thus far, has been Ladies' Code. They've gained lots of recognition and recently have even been placed on girl ranking charts as one of the "rising female rookie groups."

2EYES, on the other hand is a new girl group that's set to debut some time this month and they have gathered much attention for their debut mostly for the girls themselves have been in the media already. Some through acting and some through audition shows, but what has truly gathered buzz around them is that they are a girl group coming from SidusHQ AKA home to Jay Park. Let alone their choreography for their debut song, "Don't Mess Around" is done by Prepix who has choreographed for Jay Park AND B2ST.

My question to you is, do you think that 2EYES will gain enough attention to challenge Ladies' Code?

http://static1.allkpop.com/upload/af_org/2eyes_1371258304_af_org.jpg
Post subject: Will Ladies' Code FINALLY have some competition? Posted: Jun 15, 2013 @ 2:56 pm
Nova_REMIX 2EYES??

They seriously couldn't pick a better better. :-?
Agreed. The name could've been better, but frankly, there are worse names in K-POP. Ever heard of Heart Rabbit Girls? Yeah...
Maybe. It's always a toss up with new kpop acts. I'll wait until I see the video and here the song.
Agreed. Even though some K-POP acts come from great agencies, some tend to be failures and underwhelming in comparison to the other established idols/artists in said companies.
Post subject: Re: Will Ladies' Code FINALLY have some competition? Posted: Jun 15, 2013 @ 3:14 pm
Nova_REMIX Actually, yeah. I heard from a lot of people (both Korean and not) who attended PSY's concerts pre-and-post "Gangnam Style," and they said that PSY REALLY knows how to put on a good show. Everyone has fun and gets super wet. And from the fan-cams I've seen, hell yeah, I wanna go to that concert.
Post subject: Re: Would you go to a PSY concert? Posted: Jun 15, 2013 @ 3:18 pm
Nova_REMIX 2NE1's new album: drops July 12th

Tae Yang's album: July 24th

(He better not fuck these two over and give them both a good long time to promote)

Kang Seung Yoon's debut: August 12th

BigBang: October 11th

New Girl Group teasers drop from December 23rd to January 20, 2014. Girl group will debut on the 20th

This seems very likely. Though I expect a couple of delays along the way. And if this is true, then I'm kinda pissed because it seems like 2NE1 will not have but probably just ONE title track again (I hope not). So I hope they start dropping those teasers for 2NE1 like...some time this upcoming week.

Tae Yang I'm SUPER excited about and it seems like he'll be promoting for quite a bit (I expect into the like the first week of September). CAN'T. WAIT.
Looking at the girl group's debut date. LOL expected.
I also think netizens are getting their wish with Kang Seung Yoon FINALLY debuting, but what about Akdong Musician? And G-Dragon? Guess they'll be doing their own thing. :-?
Post subject: YGE's new revised schedule Posted: Jun 15, 2013 @ 3:48 pm
Nova_REMIX
boa578 wrote:He has a schedule? I always assumed he just threw darts at the calender and decided that would be the be the date of someone's comeback/debut.

He probably brings them to his office to draw straws and 2NE1 got super lucky.
Post subject: Re: Posted: Jun 15, 2013 @ 3:51 pm
Nova_REMIX
toradora101 wrote:I dont believe any of this...

K.
Post subject: Re: YGE's new revised schedule Posted: Jun 15, 2013 @ 3:54 pm
Nova_REMIX It's weird that he is having 2NE1 and Taeyang drop the same month. I don't think he has ever done that but OK.

I know ppl have been waiting on Kang askfj; kads he really is a good singer. When I hear his voice I think of someone much older than him; kind of like Lee Hi. New girl group I figured as much. He hyped them way up with nothing to show for them.
Well he did that to 2NE1 and G-Dragon at 2NE1's debut, so that's why I'm not surprised.

As for Seung Yoon, I'm SUPER excited. I just hope that YGE doesn't do some things: Try to media play and hype him up against other idols in the industry (though I think that's inevitable); try to give him some sort of Roy Kim concept (though I don't think he will), or a SE7EN/standard YGE concept. I feel that that should be reserved for just BigBang and 2NE1. Maybe the new girl group. I feel like Kang Seung Yoon (ever since "Instinctively") should try and find his own colors.
Post subject: Re: Posted: Jun 15, 2013 @ 5:07 pm
Nova_REMIX
SojuPang wrote:BIGBANG'S COMEBACK IS OCTOBER 11TH
AND POKEMON X AND Y COMES OUT OCTOBER 12TH

JFC YES

We're gonna be broke-ass people come October.
Post subject: Re: Posted: Jun 15, 2013 @ 5:43 pm
Nova_REMIX
SojuPang wrote:
Nova_REMIX wrote:
SojuPang wrote:BIGBANG'S COMEBACK IS OCTOBER 11TH
AND POKEMON X AND Y COMES OUT OCTOBER 12TH

JFC YES

We're gonna be broke-ass people come October.

My body and wallet are ready >:D

But I still don't have a 3DS XL so my mom's wallet is going to have to be ready by then -_-

ALL HAIL OCTOBER!~
Post subject: Re: Re: Posted: Jun 15, 2013 @ 5:47 pm
Nova_REMIX After reading your guys post I do believe YG is favorite GD because of his ego.

I remember reading that other YG artist can't hang out with idol because other idol don't like GD.
So, I sense YG don't like people who make his moneymaker upset .
What? What are you talking about? Just because GD doesn't like someone doesn't mean he directs what friends the other people in YGE have. He doesn't have THAT much power of the other people. The 2NE1 members have a lot of idol friends and so do the other members of BigBang. Sure, they don't display it as often as other idols do, but they do have a lot of different friends in the industry. Or rather, at least acquaintances.
Post subject: Re: Posted: Jun 15, 2013 @ 5:51 pm
Nova_REMIX GD is his favorite. He's even said it. He doesn't favor CL as much though. I know that for sure or he would've let CL and Teddy go with the original song they had for CL's solo release instead of "The Baddest Female." He even called her ugly (yes, I'm aware he was joking). He favors those who can put the most money in his pocket. And at the moment, it's PSY, GD, and Lee Hi.
Post subject: Re: Do you think YG favor G-Dragon & CL than his other artist in YG? Posted: Jun 15, 2013 @ 5:09 pm
Nova_REMIX Ah, Ka Eun REALLY stood out for me in this AS comeback. She's freaking ADORABLE. And those braids really fit her. OMG. She looks like a little fairy to me. So CUTE!~

http://media.tumblr.com/56f8be2112d0a217994016fb6d1cd9cd/tumblr_inline_modyy2KPv71qz4rgp.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/10dddf23b88d4af77d4bee1e888c2e80/tumblr_mof2lrgoVe1qckrlfo1_500.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/c76c7ac76af43f4d60c3b874e6eaa561/tumblr_mocf50R3BQ1s2zxwjo5_r2_250.gif http://25.media.tumblr.com/9525d6767feb98937527fbb69dce747a/tumblr_mocf50R3BQ1s2zxwjo1_r1_250.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/534de54dd183c658a7fc7dbef7993a16/tumblr_mocf50R3BQ1s2zxwjo3_r2_250.gif http://24.media.tumblr.com/c8b2dba9b6c922683aa1397ff8caaf47/tumblr_mocf50R3BQ1s2zxwjo4_r1_250.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/baef247e05479dd078bae7edf6208507/tumblr_mocf50R3BQ1s2zxwjo7_r2_250.gif http://24.media.tumblr.com/b64a088a3b376cce26a78ca987191421/tumblr_mocf50R3BQ1s2zxwjo6_r1_250.gif
Post subject: My second AS bias!~ Posted: Jun 16, 2013 @ 3:49 pm
Nova_REMIX BoA debuted at like 13/14 right? So did SHINee's Tae Min. 13/14. 2NE1's Minzy 15. Miss A's Suzy 15. There were a lot of people who debuted at a young age.

I need to scoff at people who think 2NE1 will disband because 2 of the girls have hit 30. 2NE1's scheduled for things to be revealed June 28th (not confirmed of course), but I honestly doubt that YGE will disband them unless with probable cause. That's money from a nice-sized fandom.
Post subject: Re: Young Kpop Idols Being Debuted Posted: Jun 16, 2013 @ 4:13 pm
Nova_REMIX I don't care about looks. It's gotten to a point in the industry where people get passes in the industry BECAUSE they are "pretty" and don't know how to do shit (could name a few names, but feelings from the fans might get hurt), whereas those who are "conventionally unattractive" are actually more useful and talented than those who fit the Korean standard of "pretty."

TL;DR, there are enough "pretty" people in K-POP. If I wanted to look at "pretty" people, I can look at the visuals of certain established groups, but it's become so bad in the K-POP industry to which the amount of "pretty" is starting to become more than the amount of "talented/useful" people. I understand having 2/3 pretty people to look at, but goddamn, if I wanted to look at visuals, I'd look at ulzzangs.