Back to Top!
Search found more than 4140 matches
Nova_REMIX I didn't even KNOW that this was a rule carried out, but because Chocolat has very little views, they can't promote on music shows. This isn't even FAIR. How are they supposed to be able to promote if they keep them away from music shows. Music shows HELP them promote and gain attention. Keeping them off of it does the opposite.

Who made up this dumb-ass rule? And seriously I'm not the one to beg, but guys, if you could help the views for Chocolat's "Black Tinkerbell," that'd be greatly appreciated. Even if you don't like the group, every group should be permitted to promote, whether you like them or not.
Post subject: What? Chocolat can't promote? Posted: Jun 22, 2013 @ 5:27 pm
Jump to forumJump to topic
Nova_REMIX Not promoting seemed to work for Big Bang.
Did you honestly make the comparison of the National Male Group of South Korea who is known internationally and is at the top of male groups in South Korea to Chocolat? A "nugu" girl group of 2011 from a small ass company to which YGE could step on if they wanted?

Really ?
Post subject: Re: What? Chocolat can't promote? Posted: Jun 22, 2013 @ 5:30 pm
Nova_REMIX I guess it's a good way to prevent having too many acts performing at the same show

It's still stupid though, just imagine everytime a new group that comes from a nugu company tries to promote
At the same time though it doesn't make things fair at all. I know these shows have a music slot and they're trying to get all these groups to fit into the time slot, but that doesn't mean that Chocolat shouldn't be able to promote. On top of that, some groups really have needed to have their good-bye stages by now like 9Muses. I'm pretty sure there's space to fit in Chocolat. There's definitely something fishy going on here...
I was wondering why I didn't see them on music shows...
Same here. It was really weird... T.T I wanted to see Melanie.
Not promoting seemed to work for Big Bang.
Did you honestly make the comparison of the National Male Group of South Korea who is known internationally and is at the top of male groups in South Korea to Chocolat? A "nugu" girl group of 2011 from a small ass company to which YGE could step on if they wanted?

Really ?
Relax bro. I'm saying when BB was nugu they didn't do too much variety and promos either.
Um, what? I wasn't there for BB during their debut year, but uh, 2007 they did a SHIT TON of variety and promos. That was one of their BEST years because they were everywhere. "Lies," and "Last Farewell," came out that year. That catapulted them to success. They promoted a LOT. A true non-promotion was during "Monster" when they pretty much took over the charts and weren't even in Korea and did no activities to promote "Monster."
Wow, I've never heard of this rule before, that's ridiculous >_> Their song is pretty good too. I didn't like it when I first heard it but after hearing it on music shows a few times, it grew on me.
Yeah, I LOVED their song when it first came out because this is actually their best comeback to date.
Fuck, is that why I haven't been able to watch Andamiro live?

Thats bullshit
Guess she's suffering as well. We should help her out as well...
Post subject: Re: Posted: Jun 22, 2013 @ 5:39 pm
Nova_REMIX The moms are too. I WISH my mom could do things like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsFquOUD2Ew&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLuYqcHaFo47hukkkPs6js3-P4ta0hbYnT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0HrbKEWHtQ&list=PLuYqcHaFo47hukkkPs6js3-P4ta0hbYnT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZAOzCbN6R0&list=PLuYqcHaFo47hukkkPs6js3-P4ta0hbYnT
Post subject: Re: Old Korean people are the coolest kind of old people. Posted: Jun 22, 2013 @ 4:50 pm
Nova_REMIX Last year, I liked a lot of rookies. This year, not so much.

For last year, I like of course, BAP and EXO. Spica. HelLO VEnus. EXID. BTOB. VIXX. Glam. AoA. D-Unit. EvoL. Skarf. Phantom. Tiny-G. Fiestar and 100%.

For this year, so far, I only like Ladies' Code, BTS, and LC9.
Post subject: Re: Who are your favorite rookies of 2012 and 2013 [so far] ? Posted: Jun 22, 2013 @ 5:52 pm
Nova_REMIX I heard that JJ Project was actually just a sub-unit and that those boys were actually meant to be a part of a new group.

. . .I hope JB's changed once he starts promoting...God, he put me off so much. Ugh... >:{
Post subject: Re: JJ Project will be back this July with 2 new members Posted: Jun 22, 2013 @ 5:48 pm
Nova_REMIX I heard that JJ Project was actually just a sub-unit and that those boys were actually meant to be a part of a new group.

. . .I hope JB's changed once he starts promoting...God, he put me off so much. Ugh... >:{

he's ok for me. but maybe that's because i don't pay attention to him much. i like jr more.
He attracted me to JJp, but after watching him on the R&I, his attitude was just really...ugly. And that turned me off. Afterwards, JR definitely seemed a bit more appealing to me.
Post subject: Re: JJ Project will be back this July with 2 new members Posted: Jun 22, 2013 @ 5:58 pm

Ive always preferred JR then again not sure If I will support these guys. JYP lost my respect and now will lose my money from now on.
JYP's done some crappy things, but I actually like his idols/artists. It's just 2PM's literally holding everything down right now and even they are losing their edge. B2ST came in and did what they said they would do. Take 2PM's spot and they did. Is it possible to like support one but not the other LOL
Post subject: Re: JJ Project will be back this July with 2 new members Posted: Jun 22, 2013 @ 6:41 pm
Nova_REMIX
Ive always preferred JR then again not sure If I will support these guys. JYP lost my respect and now will lose my money from now on.
JYP's done some crappy things, but I actually like his idols/artists. It's just 2PM's literally holding everything down right now and even they are losing their edge. B2ST came in and did what they said they would do. Take 2PM's spot and they did. Is it possible to like support one but not the other LOL
I can't support JYP artists anymore because of the screw job. Even with filling out the email and going through all that he still didn't send me my money back. So now if I like something I will download it for free.
. . .Maybe I'm slow because I'm tired, but are you Korean? And I'm not sure what you mean...JYP not sending your money back? Forgive me, I'm so tired LOL
Post subject: Re: JJ Project will be back this July with 2 new members Posted: Jun 22, 2013 @ 6:46 pm
Nova_REMIX At the very least twice a day. Sometimes it can go up to 3 or 4.
Post subject: Re: How often do you shower? Posted: Jun 22, 2013 @ 6:47 pm
Nova_REMIX
I can't support JYP artists anymore because of the screw job. Even with filling out the email and going through all that he still didn't send me my money back. So now if I like something I will download it for free.
. . .Maybe I'm slow because I'm tired, but are you Korean? And I'm not sure what you mean...JYP not sending your money back? Forgive me, I'm so tired LOL
No. I'm in America. A long time ago he promised a WG english album but we never got it then we all got emails saying we would be refuned if we filled out what was needed. I've done so and he never sent my money back. I wonder if anybody else got theirs.
Oh yeah...wow...Um...I guess you made a donation because frankly JYP needs all the money he can get at this point. If he were to lose Suzy...Lawd...

I think B2ST is better now than 2PM in Korea alone. B2ST seems to be having a harder time to do well internationally. Japan for example. And remember that UK concert?
Honestly, it's hard for a LOT of groups to make it in Japan. I didn't hear about B2ST's UK concert...what happened? I'm only a VERY casual B2uty because when B2ST came to NY last year (I think it was last year or 2011), people were flocking all over to see them and I ran into a few.

But yeah, I was mainly talking about from the Korean standpoint. B2ST is HUGE in Korea LOL
Post subject: Re: JJ Project will be back this July with 2 new members Posted: Jun 22, 2013 @ 6:51 pm
Nova_REMIX It was a popularity contest. Not an actual ranking.
Post subject: Re: Germany has some extremely delusional kpop fans. Posted: Jun 22, 2013 @ 6:53 pm
Nova_REMIX A YGE representative stated that they're working hard for an album for Kang Seung Yoon slated for July. They DID state that there is a possibility of delay. They also stated that during his training for the past 3 years, he's built up enough skill to write and compose songs with the producers. The album itself would be filled with the joint efforts of the following:

Pil Kang
dee.p
Lydia
Q
Yoon Do Hyun

and many more people.

They don't know what his concept direction would be (just that it would be rock-ish). They also haven't decided a title song, but they did state that the recording is almost finished. Lastly they stated that this would most likely be a mini-album since the tracklist has 6 songs.
Post subject: Some information about Kang Seung Yoon's debut Posted: Jun 23, 2013 @ 8:00 pm
Nova_REMIX I don't think this is as good as "Expectation," but this is a pretty good song. Hopefully it'll do well enough to compete with SISTAR. It has all of the advantages. I know Girl's Day will do well. They've definitely solidified themselves as a bias group of mine. Hope they do well!~
Post subject: Re: GIRLS' DAY - FEMALE PRESIDENT Posted: Jun 23, 2013 @ 7:43 pm
Nova_REMIX
Unique wrote:
Nova_REMIX wrote:A YGE representative stated that they're working hard for an album for Kang Seung Yoon slated for July. They DID state that there is a possibility of delay.

lol that doesn't suprise me, it's YG

Of course LOL xD Wouldn't be YGE without delays.
Post subject: Re: Some information about Kang Seung Yoon's debut Posted: Jun 24, 2013 @ 4:59 am
Nova_REMIX SISTAR vs. Sunny Hill vs. Dal★Shabet vs. Girl's Day

I'll start from seniors to the newest.

Sunny Hill:

Instiz - 4
Melon - 13
MNet - 6
Bugs!~ - 6
Olleh - 6
Soribada - 7
Naver - 7
Daum - 6
Cyworld - 21
Monkey3 - 49

SISTAR:

Instiz - 1
Melon - 1
MNet - 3
Bugs!~ - 4
Olleh - 5
Soribada - 6
Naver - 5
Daum - 3
Cyworld - 5
Monkey3 - 1

Girl's Day:

Instiz - 18
Melon - 3
MNet - 1
Bugs!~ - 1
Olleh - 1
Soribada - 1
Naver - 1
Daum - 1
Cyworld - 11
Monkey3 - 2

Dal★Shabet:

Instiz - 7
Melon - 16
MNet - 10
Bugs!~ - 7
Olleh - 7
Soribada - 5
Naver - 9
Daum - 7
Cyworld - 40
Monkey3 - 50+

I'll give another update soon because Girl's Day song was JUST released, therefore I expect them to stay #1 but for so long. Probably in a day or two, we'll see "Female President's" staying power on the charts.
Post subject: Chart Update: Sunny Hill vs. Dal★Shabet vs. SISTAR vs. Girl's Day Posted: Jun 24, 2013 @ 5:14 am
Nova_REMIX Actually, I'd have to kindly and respectfully disagree with you in certain aspects.

Guys tend to have it easier than girls do in K-POP. In K-POP, how many guys get flack for stripping on stage in comparison to girls who are just wearing shorts because:

1) Shorts are easier to move around in (in some cases)
2) It's HOT on stages; consider all those lights flashing at you which generates heat, plus doing a dance routine

Guys can visibly strip on stage and throw off their shirts and pour water on themselves and the like throughout K-POP, but when girls do simple moves like these where they aren't flashing anything but their legs:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/9dd076b4eccdfc0065fcc2394c5b4799/tumblr_mooftcgpcp1qf4wffo7_250.gif

They get flack for it. It is right to through the double standard card. Why should SISTAR19 have gotten flack for the outfits they wore when they were pretty covered up:
http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2013/02/sistar19-goes-back-to-excessive.html

Meanwhile, in regards to 2PM's comeback with all the crotch rubbing moves all people could talk about was how 2PM "lost their spark" and how poorly they were doing on the charts:

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2013/05/2pm-releases-all-day-i-think-of-you.html

Second of all, I find it interesting how "gay" is perceived as something negative. For those who don't know, certain acts in Korea like guys holding hands and or slapping butts (like how some guys do in America), are not "gay," but they are to show brotherly friendships. Of course there are things like SHINee and Super Junior fanservice and some of the stuff they've done goes beyond brotherly love, however that was at concerts. Concerts aren't judged as nearly as harshly as publicly because that's what they're allowed to do. Furthermore, there is a lot of praise on both Super Junior and SHINee's fanservice that waaaayyyyy outweighs the flack that they get.

Likewise there was a lot of praise for Min Ah and Hye Ri's moment.

I noticed that in K-POP, things that males can do on stage, females can't always get away with.
Nova_REMIX tbh I think BAP has showcased each member's talent many times .
Also,they did variety concepts to prove they can do anything and do it well .

As for BTS,they only remind me of BAP because of their impact,not the genre .
I meant in their music. Showcased everyone's talent in one song. You can't listen to one song and hear everyone. And you shouldn't have to prove you can do a variety of concepts through 100 comebacks. Stick to what you want your group to represent. I don't think there should be a contest on what group can do the most concepts. At least in my opinion, that's not what music should be about.
I think that's the point that BAP was trying to prove. They CAN do a variety of concepts.

In answer to your questions or rather constructive criticism about BAP, I can say this that no, they're not strictly hip-hop and I think that's a possibility as to why they appeal to many internationally. Secondly, I feel like BAP is a combination of what 2NE1 and Block B is. Now hear me out. 2NE1 isn't a hip-hop group. That's for damn sure, but their staple song that they are defined by is "Fire" since that's their debut song. That was the first song that they made a huge impact with. "Fire," while in essence is again, not a hip-hop song did have a hip-hop beat, much like "Warrior" did. "Warrior" is not a hip-hop song, but the beat is closely related to hip-hop. Hip-hop is not bound by strictly what Block B and BTS do. There are various forms of hip-hop.

Secondly, to compare them to Block B, is more along the lines of the fact that they have a rapper line and they have a vocal line. Bang Yong Guk and Zelo (and to some extent, I think even Jong Up) are what makes the group seem hip-hop-ish. Much like in 2NE1, CL and Minzy are the clear definers of what make 2NE1 "seem" hip-hop-ish.

We don't know why the person who stated: 2011 Block B 2012 BAP 2013 BTS stated what they did. Maybe because they thought these were the best debuts of the year. Maybe it's the fact that they all start with the letter B. Who knows? But what I do know is that BAP made an impact with their songs and the fact that they aren't defined by one specific genre is good.

I also think it's hard to compare BTS to BAP and Block B furthermore. Block B and BAP are seniors who have been around the block (sorry for the pun) a couple of times. They have more songs and who is to say that like their counterpart female group, GLAM, they won't switch it up after a comeback or two?
Post subject: Re: Get Ready For Butthurt (Rookies) Posted: Jun 24, 2013 @ 6:20 am
Nova_REMIX
I meant in their music. Showcased everyone's talent in one song. You can't listen to one song and hear everyone. And you shouldn't have to prove you can do a variety of concepts through 100 comebacks. Stick to what you want your group to represent. I don't think there should be a contest on what group can do the most concepts. At least in my opinion, that's not what music should be about.
I think that's the point that BAP was trying to prove. They CAN do a variety of concepts.

In answer to your questions or rather constructive criticism about BAP, I can say this that no, they're not strictly hip-hop and I think that's a possibility as to why they appeal to many internationally. Secondly, I feel like BAP is a combination of what 2NE1 and Block B is. Now hear me out. 2NE1 isn't a hip-hop group. That's for damn sure, but their staple song that they are defined by is "Fire" since that's their debut song. That was the first song that they made a huge impact with. "Fire," while in essence is again, not a hip-hop song did have a hip-hop beat, much like "Warrior" did. "Warrior" is not a hip-hop song, but the beat is closely related to hip-hop. Hip-hop is not bound by strictly what Block B and BTS do. There are various forms of hip-hop.

Secondly, to compare them to Block B, is more along the lines of the fact that they have a rapper line and they have a vocal line. Bang Yong Guk and Zelo (and to some extent, I think even Jong Up) are what makes the group seem hip-hop-ish. Much like in 2NE1, CL and Minzy are the clear definers of what make 2NE1 "seem" hip-hop-ish.

We don't know why the person who stated: 2011 Block B 2012 BAP 2013 BTS stated what they did. Maybe because they thought these were the best debuts of the year. Maybe it's the fact that they all start with the letter B. Who knows? But what I do know is that BAP made an impact with their songs and the fact that they aren't defined by one specific genre is good.

I also think it's hard to compare BTS to BAP and Block B furthermore. Block B and BAP are seniors who have been around the block (sorry for the pun) a couple of times. They have more songs and who is to say that like their counterpart female group, GLAM, they won't switch it up after a comeback or two?
That was so well written and omg this is why I love you. Why can't people write like this!?
I clearly understand what you mean!
Although I think Glam still has the same aura they've had since debut (I love them<3) but BAP are really going across the board with themes. Same as 2ne1, I feel like they still have that same sole feel around their releases. And don't most groups have rapper lines? But I agree they are mix of them (block b and 2ne1).
But then again, I guess liking a group that changes concept often is just a personal taste, and that's what I'm probably realizing.
But everything else you said had very good points! This has shed some new light on it for me ^^
No problem. Just wanted to help!~ :nervous:

GLAM still has the same aura about them, but you have to admit that "In the Mirror" was definitely a switch up from "Party XO" and "I Like That."

Most groups have their line, but some groups don't. Like no matter what you say, there is no such thing as a "rapper line" in SNSD. Hyo Yeon has potential, but they haven't really nourished her enough to be known as a "rapper" in SNSD. I've noticed that in a lot of girl groups especially, when the vocal and visual positions have been filled and they have a left-over member, they try and throw her out as a rapper. Like take for example F(x)'s Amber. Amber is freaking not a rapper. She's a beautiful singer and I much prefer her singing than her rapping. She should be the lead vocalist while Luna maintains her position as the main vocalist.

But yeah, I've been one of the very lucky people to actually SEE BAP in concert and actually see them face to face (because I won at the pre-event thing) so I know their flaws (which I'd say are very few) as well as their strengths which are much more. <3
Post subject: Re: Get Ready For Butthurt (Rookies) Posted: Jun 24, 2013 @ 6:43 am
Nova_REMIX 2NE1's "Fire." EXO's "Mama." Take your pick, but certainly not NU'EST's "Face."
Post subject: Re: What is the most viewed debut MV? Posted: Jun 24, 2013 @ 7:02 am