Back to Top!
Search found 898 matches
Jac
I saw you post in the other thread. I was surprised to see he posted the Teaser. But I'll be sure I post the MV this time. The only reason I didn't post a thread about the teaser was because I thought another BBC would lol

He's just being ridiculous.
Trying to link it to GD was such a stretch.
Plus, it's known to BBCs that Block B constantly parodies others in their MVs so if they were doing it, it would be obvious.

I'm surprised he wasn't like "OMFG CIRCUS THEME SPEED JUST DID THAT!"
Honestly I'm so excited for this because this is like the MV I wanted to see with a circus theme.
Also, Block B is so intensely badass without even trying.

Kpop themes will be re-used. It happens when the genre is so limited.
Post subject: Re: ~ Official Block B (블락비) Thread ~ Posted: Apr 08, 2014 @ 9:59 pm
Jump to forumJump to topic
Lolatu
Very Good wasn't thematic LOOK, but song feel. Song's crazy vibe was the same as Crayon's vibe. Thematically though it had a different concept...sorta. It was still about "going crazy" just like Crayon and Michi Go. But this visually is similar.

Also the problem isn't taking influence. Bang Yong Guk takes influence, and created arguably the best song this year, Angel. Things a goddamn masterpiece (as is the whole album). But BYG uses guitar rifts and amped-emotion style songs, which has been Big Bangs "style" since the very start (look at Haru Haru, Love Song, Blue, etc). That guitar mix is something that is pretty unique to GD, and it's actually what MAKES BIG BANG GOOD. People just don't realize it. BYG did. This? Zico is a wannabe. And he isn't even copying GD's good work. He is copying GD's universally considered worst title songs. Crayon and Michi Go. Neither are awful, but they aren't the worst. Even from Zico's PERSONA it's a hard GD rip off. It wasn't in Nilili Mambo. That's why Nilili Mambo was AWESOME.

Oh that's what you meant. Yeah I can see how the song was similar to the Crayon/Michigo theme and sound, but Nilili Mambo had that same vibe of being crazy, humorous and wild. No offense to GD and he is my bias and everything, but Michigo was horrible imo. Crayon wasn't as bad and was a good dance song, but it was a low point for him.
I think with BYG he just sampled the music style. It doesn't seem like he intended to "copy" GD outside of being inspired by his production style.
I think Zico really and I mean really sees GD as someone he idolizes, because of GD's success and I guess he wanted to be like him in a way. I think Zico has his own style as well, but he is very influenced by trends and GD is just one of them.
I'm blaming GD for this though lol. He shouldn't put songs out like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF1mFHPN1NM
telling people they can be just like him. Some people take those kinds of things seriously. I honestly don't think GD has a problem with people in general getting influenced by his style though. He's probably just laughing and rolling in money.
See I think Zico pushes it. BYG was INSPIRED by GD's musical skype, but he DID NOT copy! Know what I mean? Very distinct styles there, with influence from GD. Zico outright copied in the last song, especially so soon after. I don't think Nilili Mambo was crazy at all. It was very grand, had a very overarching plot to it, wasn't about love *cough big bang is all love* and rapping was incredibly different from anything GD and Top do.

I think Zico idolizes him, but he needs to stick with Nilili Mambo and Nalina, not move into GD's solo territory.

Ohmygod I know right. Zico is totally ripping GD off. Omg you know who else is ripping GD off? Mr Barack Obama!!!!!! Did you see the video of him kicking the door? Ohmygod that's so crazy and totally what GD would do. And also Omg you know giraffes? They have a "G" in their name as well, they are toly copying gdragon ohmygod people need to stop copying gdragon!!!!!!!!
Please. Zico is copying gdragon? Do some background research and know where Zico came from and know where gdragon came from. Yea man ohmygod Zico totally idolizes him, afterall, to you, most people who does hiphop/crazy concepts are copying gdragon right? Maybe to you, even drunken tiger looks up to gdragon like crazy and secretly aspire to be him. Gdragon does not owe the copyrights for wild concepts. Block b and Big Bang are distinctly different and if you can't see that, I pity you. "Gd's solo territory"? Since when did he have one? Music is made to be shared and create love and here we are debating over music. Why compare so much, just shut the hell up and enjoy the music. If you don't like Zico or block b's song then don't listen to it. Creating and posting in a forum won't get you far dear. At most a couple of people will agree with you but what happens next? Do you get satisfaction in that? It's really sad if you know. Gdragon is an amazing producer, magnificent leader and an extremely humble person. He has a thousand of amazing qualities and so does Zico. So instead of arguing over who is better than who/who is copying who, might as be amazed by how wonderful the person you like is. Not only will you make everyone else happy, you'll probably be happy as well.
Post subject: Re: 블락비 (Block B) - Jackpot (Teaser) Posted: Apr 09, 2014 @ 2:26 am
Atothec193
I'm blaming GD for this though lol. He shouldn't put songs out like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF1mFHPN1NM
telling people they can be just like him. Some people take those kinds of things seriously. I honestly don't think GD has a problem with people in general getting influenced by his style though. He's probably just laughing and rolling in money.

You Do isn't about GD telling others to be like him and it has nothing to do with if or why people copy him.
That song is about motivating others and that if they have passion and work hard, then they can do whatever they dream of.

''You can be anybody, if you dream, you can do anything, I said''

''My dreams will come true, I’ll make a wish for you with a hello
When I grow up, if I try hard, I can do what I hoped and wanted, if it’s me''

The chorus ''GD That’s me who you? Not me' ' is him promoting individuality and that you shouldn't strive to be another person but to build the real you. To not be the next GD but to be the next you. Just my interpretation but going by the translations of the lyrics, it's seems a fair one.

I don't think GD is 'laughing and rolling in the money' because I don't want people to think of him in that 'holier than thou' way because he isn't.
Honestly I wouldn't blame GD for anything. He's not the type that cares or keeps track if people copy him/follow his trends. Yes he sets trends and he knows that but he also understands that trends are meant to be followed.

Gyoshido
You've only seen the teaser, it's not the full song, so you can't jump on the copying train so quickly.

Also by your logic, just because Very Good was a 'crazy-themed' kpop song and MV, it had to have been because GD made Michigo or Crayon?
There are many other crazy songs AND MVs out there, not just in Kpop but in any other music genre too. GD doesn't own the 'crazy-themed' style and I refuse to accept that he is only labelled as that as an artist.

'Untalented artist' - Please, you very well know Zico has talent, you yourself like Block B's music. Don't be so dramatic.

God damn it, when will the day come where Zico and Block B can do anything without 'GD/Bigbang copycats' being mentioned. Let them have their comeback in peace. -_-
Post subject: Re: 블락비 (Block B) - Jackpot (Teaser) Posted: Apr 09, 2014 @ 4:41 am
Atothec193 That thread was so ridiculous I can't -_-
Please don't think that he represents the majority of VIPs and GD stans because I assure you, he doesn't and never will.
And I agree with what choosey-lover says, the dude's a closeted BBC, I've seen him praise Zico and Block B's music all the time, but omg one short teaser comes out where Zico is playing the piano enthusiastically, and suddenly he goes ape-shit and makes a thread about A GD COPYCAT!!!! -____-

Whatever.

KYUNG
IS
BLONDE

I
DON'T
KNOW
HOW
TO
HANDLE
MYSELF
ANYMORE.
Jump to post Posted: Apr 09, 2014 @ 5:02 am
gdtdts You know who is talking shit about Block B copying Big Bang again. I swear he's a closeted BBC, he's just too proud to admit it lol
hahaha yes maybe that's the reason behind all the hate! :P Defs hoping that's the reason and not just cos he likes the sound of his own voice (well his own type)

He's just being ridiculous.
Trying to link it to GD was such a stretch.
Plus, it's known to BBCs that Block B constantly parodies others in their MVs so if they were doing it, it would be obvious.

I'm surprised he wasn't like "OMFG CIRCUS THEME SPEED JUST DID THAT!"
Honestly I'm so excited for this because this is like the MV I wanted to see with a circus theme.
Also, Block B is so intensely badass without even trying.

Kpop themes will be re-used. It happens when the genre is so limited.
I really don't understand the issue, it's like repeating themes and common influences is a cardinal sin which obviously it's not, it's just how music develops
Post subject: Re: ~ Official Block B (블락비) Thread ~ Posted: Apr 08, 2014 @ 11:34 pm
Owlsarecool15 I WANT THIS LIGHTSTICK SO BAD!!!!!!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BkxxdKQCYAAaxNZ.png

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BkxyN0MCEAA8rrs.png

LINK: http://book.interpark.com/product/BookDisplay.do?_method=detail&sc.prdNo=214597709&bookblockname=twitter&booklinkname=prd

I HOPE THEY SELL THEM WHEN THEY COME TO AMERICA! I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE IT!
Post subject: Re: ~ Official Block B (블락비) Thread ~ Posted: Apr 09, 2014 @ 9:37 am
Atothec193
The way I see it, it's not a Block B comeback unless they're accused of copying Big Bang and Zico is accused of copying GD. It's inevitable.
People are all ready judging from the teaser lol. THE TEASER. What else is new. All I know is I'm excited and can't wait to see the MV.
I feel like we might be surprised by what they do because the teaser was pretty vague lol!

That's really unfortunate. Block B have their own colour and style different from other groups.
Block B is Block B. Bigbang is Bigbang. Zico is Zico. GD is GD. I really don't understand why some kpop fans fail to understand something so simple.

I'm soooo excited FOR THIS ALBUM. I STILL PLAY BLOCKBUSTER DAILY AND AOFHASOIKHASGISKHGOSIGHOSIA.
The MV looks totally promising and fun! Still unsure about the concept but I'm sure they'll pull it off well.

I can't wait for Block B to just roll in and mess shit up with this comeback lol. They have seriously been missed and Kpop needs them.
Post subject: Re: Re: Posted: Apr 09, 2014 @ 5:51 am
devilvp I think a lot of BBC's are becoming immune and numb to all these shit people say about Block B. I'm so used to it, this doesn't bother me half as much as it used to.
Everyone be hating and claiming this and that every time Block B comes back but then they all take back what they say later because they're impressed.

Block B has never limited themselves to a genre and style, much less an image.

Block B doesn't even have an image. They killed their idol image ages ago - they are still idols but people respect them for who they are and their music, the kind of respect, other groups would kill to have.

With Very Good....am I the only one that sees the whole thing as a mockery?
Not mocking GD but at everything?

They tried, BB tried when they debuted with Freeze to be tame but did the industry like it? No.

Then shit came them on them hard & now they do what they like and it's working for them.

That's all it matters.

Zico said it before that he respects GD.
He doesn't rip GD off Gyo.
He has a fiery passion for music & it has always been that way for him since pre-debut.

Frankly, i think this crazy thing suits Block B & Zico more than BB & GD you know?
Post subject: Re: 블락비 (Block B) - Jackpot (Teaser) Posted: Apr 09, 2014 @ 2:24 pm
Jac Everyone knows it's SM leaking it.
Just stop, SM.
If you want, give us the MV early.
We won't mind.
Jump to post Posted: Apr 09, 2014 @ 9:37 pm
muzaiyan This comeback is amazing!
<3
Post subject: Re: Block B Jackpot MV Posted: Apr 14, 2014 @ 9:15 am
elfishfan

Those oppas are weird.
Post subject: Block B Jackpot MV Posted: Apr 14, 2014 @ 7:00 am
Owlsarecool15 Jackpot is one of those songs that either you instantly like it when you first hear it (like I did), you like it after playing it 2 or 3 times, or you don't really care for it. It's a new sound and not everyone is going to like Electro Swing. I know I've seen a ton of comments saying Block B has changed and they need to stick to making songs just like NanlinA and Nillili Mambo. The thing is though, if they kept making songs with the same sounds over and over again that would get boring. Block B is a versatile group and I think we all know they like to experiment, especially with Zico as the producer. It's a new sound for them so I'm not surprised it has mixed reactions. It's just a personal preference thing. But I hope regardless of this that fans still support them. You don't have to like every single thing your bias group puts out but as long as you support them despite that, that's what counts.

Also I don't have the full lyrics but I like Zico's verse

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BlMn4_YCYAAmJRP.jpg

I agree. I like the song because it is unique and it is similar to some songs that I would listen to. I like how the chorus wasn't predictable. I wasn't expecting the chorus to be like that. I think people are expecting to like every single one of their songs. I will admit, I didn't like Very Good at first. Now, it has become one of my favorite songs. I like Jackpot because I like the beat it has. I like this group because they are themselves in the MVs they produce. They go all out!
Post subject: Re: ~ Official Block B (블락비) Thread ~ Posted: Apr 14, 2014 @ 10:43 am
sunggyuluver No surprise

Hope when they comeback again it'll be a comeback that'll wow everyone.
Post subject: Re: Block B may cancel their "Jackpot" promotions Posted: Apr 24, 2014 @ 7:49 pm
gdtdts I think it was a good decision considering their scandals in the past...now there's absolutely no way they can be accused of disrespect because of the disaster whereas other groups might have got away without any comment on it if they promoted. But Jac is right, it's going to be interesting watching these CD's become really rare and this is going to become the lost single
Jump to post Posted: Apr 28, 2014 @ 10:47 pm
Noona TAKE A POLL, FRIENDS.
is this problematic?
PhoenixVFIRE It said nowhere in Vogue that they were meant to be African Tribal Girls, why do people have to tie everything to ethnicity or racism? It's fashion, it's just a random mish mash of concepts put together to create something new.
I'm just telling you what the news articles said, and even if it didn't say that it's kinda obvious that's what the theme is :/
doyouwannabe [FAN TO ZICO] Oppa Thank you Thank you so much..Please take care wherever you goㅎㅎ

[ZICO TO FAN] You have to stay strong.!

T/N: There was a post on nate which explained something that was connected to the tragic Sewol Ferry disaster. The post said that the younger sister's body had been found at sea. The family members of the young girl knew of the celebrity that she was a fan of and contacted an acquaintance who was able to contact the celebrity's manager. The celebrity attended the funeral of the younger sister and consoled the family. The celebrity was BLOCK B's Zico.

Please note that the translation above is a direct translation of the nate post.

trans cr; @ bontheblock

What an absolute sweetheart - and what a lovely family to try and get him to attend in the first place. Reading about all the lives lost has honestly made me so sad, but it's things like this that really hit home. It's terrible, but reading a number of how many lives lost and how many missing doesn't become real until you discover the stories of each individual and remember that every single one of them had families and lives they're not going back to. T.T
Post subject: Re: ~ Official Block B (블락비) Thread ~ Posted: May 01, 2014 @ 12:50 pm
SwirleyWehrle https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1.0-9/10012450_10202717548398737_8087741170482973841_n.jpg

I WON!!! well its under my moms name but Jazzy said I could do a name change~ I knew helping out other fans would eventually pay off hahhahaha
ah im so happy ;; I came back home from a shitty nightmare weekend in Los Angeles and this cheered me up a lot. omg <3

EDIT: i waited a while and hadn't received anymore replies so i had already picked a winner. the contest is over. sorry y'all. also since i won the photo opportunity, I'm giving away my fan sign and hi touch bracelet that comes with my ticket. if you are going to the florida show and want to win it, pls write to me via comment as to why you love block b and I'll pick a random winner. I figure I'd put this here since I know some people on the forum are going to see block b in florida. only for non VVIP tickets

Post subject: PHOTO WITH BLOCK B!!! Posted: May 06, 2014 @ 5:46 pm